Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Verizon new trade in promo

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    150
    Feedback Score
    0

    Verizon new trade in promo

    Verizon has a new promotion. It's trading in a smartphone to get $100 minimum up to $300.

    Current situation, 2 smartphone lines with unlimited, 3 feature phones.

    So hypothetically could I take my old og droid, activate it on a feature phone line. Add the 2gb $30 data. Then go in store upgrade it to free moto X with promo code. First $100 earned.

    Then trade in moto Admiral for the MOTOJB100 extra $100 moto trade up.

    Swap Sims with unlimited line and reactivate feature phone on its original line.

    So in total I've traded in a og droid worth $20, a Admiral that cost me $15. Got a free phone (moto X) and $200 in credits less $30 upgrade fee for a grand total of $170.

    Extreme couponing!

    Would this work? Thanks.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,130
    Feedback Score
    0
    What a joke. I just went and had my perfect condition, operating HTC Rezound appraised and Verizon valued it at $15.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    150
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    What a joke. I just went and had my perfect condition, operating HTC Rezound appraised and Verizon valued it at $15.
    That's terrible

    Sent from my XT1080m using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Black Hills
    Posts
    2,564
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    What a joke. I just went and had my perfect condition, operating HTC Rezound appraised and Verizon valued it at $15.
    Well it's not exactly a pretty new phone. It's over 2 years old.

    Nor does it or many Droids hold value well like an IPhone. It also wasn't supported for crap by Verizon or HTC.

    Just because you or others may like it or think it's an awesome phone (I used to have one too), doesn't mean it's value is worth much. It sold like dog turds too.

    So with that being said, it's the value a little too low? Yes. But not by much. I could see it on prepaid selling for about $50-100 if it was ever put there.

    Pretty sure the reason value is so low is because of lack of demand for it and lack of support for it to begin with. Nice phone, yes. Desirable compared to what's out there, no.

    Sent with the HoFo App

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    695
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, Apple Watch 5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    What a joke. I just went and had my perfect condition, operating HTC Rezound appraised and Verizon valued it at $15.
    Sounds like Verizon is copying Gazelle in terms of the phones value. In any case that is not a good deal at all and I would just keep it as a back up.

    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1390856983.566675.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  96.0 KB


    Sent from my iPad Air.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,648
    Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Just use Swappa.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,130
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by whitetigergrowl View Post
    Well it's not exactly a pretty new phone. It's over 2 years old.

    Nor does it or many Droids hold value well like an IPhone. It also wasn't supported for crap by Verizon or HTC.

    Just because you or others may like it or think it's an awesome phone (I used to have one too), doesn't mean it's value is worth much. It sold like dog turds too.

    So with that being said, it's the value a little too low? Yes. But not by much. I could see it on prepaid selling for about $50-100 if it was ever put there.

    Pretty sure the reason value is so low is because of lack of demand for it and lack of support for it to begin with. Nice phone, yes. Desirable compared to what's out there, no.

    Sent with the HoFo App
    I never said it was a high dollar phone, nor did I say it was comparable to an iPhone. And, I'm not a big fan either. I've always owned Motorola but decided to try this one. However, try and buy a clean, no scratches 4g smartphone of any kind with decent specs for less than $150. I've been trying to find a Rezound on Craig's List in my area so I can play with rooting it and so forth, and haven't seen one for less than $200 unless it was ragged out.

    It has been out for more than two years, but mine was bought new from Verizon about a year ago.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Black Hills
    Posts
    2,564
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    I never said it was a high dollar phone, nor did I say it was comparable to an iPhone. And, I'm not a big fan either. I've always owned Motorola but decided to try this one. However, try and buy a clean, no scratches 4g smartphone of any kind with decent specs for less than $150. I've been trying to find a Rezound on Craig's List in my area so I can play with rooting it and so forth, and haven't seen one for less than $200 unless it was ragged out.

    It has been out for more than two years, but mine was bought new from Verizon about a year ago.
    By the time you bought it value had already depreciated significantly.

    The only real value to it, and why some still hold tight to it, is because you can talk and surf in 3G and 4G with it. A majority of phones don't do that when on 3G.

    But that's not the value being looked at.

    They may be up for sale for that price. But who knows how well they are really selling at that price.

    Either way I don't think it's worth more than $50-100 at this point at most. $15 is a low ball. But they get very little to nothing in return for buying it back. Thus why their number is low.

    Sent with the HoFo App

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    32
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by whitetigergrowl View Post
    By the time you bought it value had already depreciated significantly.

    The only real value to it, and why some still hold tight to it, is because you can talk and surf in 3G and 4G with it. A majority of phones don't do that when on 3G.

    But that's not the value being looked at.

    They may be up for sale for that price. But who knows how well they are really selling at that price.

    Either way I don't think it's worth more than $50-100 at this point at most. $15 is a low ball. But they get very little to nothing in return for buying it back. Thus why their number is low.

    Sent with the HoFo App

    Your on crack.......

    They get tremendous ROI on their trade in.

    $15 is not just low ball its almost criminal, much like the entire trade program. These phones gets to Verizon, they refurbish them, then send them out as a warranty replacement for broken phone, and they charge a deducatable at $100.

    It is worse then a ghetto pawn shops.

    If you want to get real trade in value, do some work and sell it on Ebay.

    Rezound on Ebay goes from anywhere between 80 to 135. depending on condition.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,206
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    My BlackBerry Z10 is worth only $60 Max to them.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-03-2005, 01:19 AM
  2. New In Box v710 For VERIZON might trade for treo 600
    By xt32 in forum Non GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2005, 05:37 PM
  3. Verizon New PRL'S as of 07/22/02
    By The Roc in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 08-04-2002, 04:37 AM
  4. Verizons New Phones...
    By n8o8k9i0a in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-03-2002, 08:59 PM
  5. Verizons New Promo?
    By joestedman in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-02-2002, 01:38 AM

Bookmarks