Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting a $55/5GB plan

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Getting a $55/5GB plan

I am presently with Wind and want to get either the Koodo or the Fido $55/5GB plan that is available in Sask. or Manitoba. I have run into a snag. To get the Sask. plan, I have to do it through a person and also have to show some ID like a drivers license from that province. Even if I do get this feat done, then I want to port my BC number over to the Sask. plan and that also needs a live person to do it but lots of people on this blog say they have done it, how??

Carrier(s)
    wind
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    now thats a proper way to do it.

still you should ask koodo question in the koodo forum but oh let me guess ijcy already has a thread on it but you refused to read it.

Carrier(s)
    wind
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lindsy View Post
    I am presently with Wind and want to get either the Koodo or the Fido $55/5GB plan that is available in Sask. or Manitoba. I have run into a snag. To get the Sask. plan, I have to do it through a person and also have to show some ID like a drivers license from that province. Even if I do get this feat done, then I want to port my BC number over to the Sask. plan and that also needs a live person to do it but lots of people on this blog say they have done it, how??
    I have to do it through a person and also have to show some ID like a drivers license from that province.
    wrong, you can go to a koodo store and get a sk number on your bc id.

I want to port my BC number over to the Sask. plan and that also needs a live person to do it but lots of people on this blog say they have done it, how?

wrong, you can do it online as answered by Danny in another thread.

and just to let you know if you go through ijcy thread your all questions have already been answered.

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2c View Post
    I have to do it through a person and also have to show some ID like a drivers license from that province.
    wrong, you can go to a koodo store and get a sk number on your bc id.

I want to port my BC number over to the Sask. plan and that also needs a live person to do it but lots of people on this blog say they have done it, how?

wrong, you can do it online as answered by Danny in another thread.

and just to let you know if you go through ijcy thread your all questions have already been answered.
    I just went to Walmart in Burnaby and the guy put me on the $50/5GB plan with my present BC address. No problem. I guess I was going to the wrong places to do this before. Now I guess I can go on line and port it over as soon as I see my account open, right? Thanks for all of your patience and help. One just has to go to the right retail outlet.

Carrier(s)
    wind
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just went to Walmart in Burnaby and the guy put me on the $50/5GB plan with my present BC address. No problem. I guess I was going to the wrong places to do this before. Now I guess I can go on line and port it over as soon as I see my account open, right? Thanks for all of your patience and help. One just has to go to the right retail outlet.
    congratulations

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Bear in mind that the requirements for the 5GB plan are system enforced to be a Manitoba or Saskatchewan number. As such, even if you've found a way to circumvent them, you may find that you're required to change your plan or your number if you ever want to make any change whatsoever on the account.

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    After getting my Fido plan at Walmart in Burnaby, I went home and tried to port my Wind phone number over but found I couldn't do it. I then phoned Fido and asked them to do it for me and had absolutely no problem at all. Thanks to all that helped me do this.

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido Solutions
    Feedback Score
    After getting my Fido plan at Walmart in Burnaby, I went home and tried to port my Wind phone number over but found I couldn't do it. I then phoned Fido and asked them to do it for me and had absolutely no problem at all. Thanks to all that helped me do this.
    Did you add the voicemail or value pack? Because as a few people mentioned here it's going to cause problems if you try after...there's a system limitation that won't allow adding it on after you port.

FIDO $60/10GB + 5 hours unlimited data
    WIND $15 AITF unlimited data (10GB full speed)

All my posts are my own opinion only and not necessarily that of any of my employers, past or present.

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by credmau5 View Post
    Did you add the voicemail or value pack? Because as a few people mentioned here it's going to cause problems if you try after...there's a system limitation that won't allow adding it on after you port.
    No I didn't do that and yes I have no voice mail but the technical dept. is fixing it now, I hope.

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    They said that the tech dept. could fix it in 24/48 hours. I sure hope they can.

Feedback Score
    Good luck with this, but don't count on your problems being over just yet.

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido Solutions
    Feedback Score
    They said that the tech dept. could fix it in 24/48 hours. I sure hope they can.
    Just the regular free voicemail or the value pack?

Sent from my Moto X

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Just want the regular voice mail that comes with the package. The guy didn't do it right so the tech dept. is going to fix it and get my voice mail back. I'll let everyone know when I get it. They said 24/48 hours.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Just want the regular voice mail that comes with the package. The guy didn't do it right so the tech dept. is going to fix it and get my voice mail back. I'll let everyone know when I get it. They said 24/48 hours.
    Yeah, just to reiterate what I said before, don't count on it. You've exploited a loophole in the system, so don't count on being able to have any changes made to your line whatsoever until you meet the proper requirements for the plan.

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    I agree with stately automat: you also won't have any luck taking that BC number to port onto a Saskatchewan or Manitoba plan, you will have fallout on the porting. Also an agent you call will tell you if you want that BC number you will have to have a BC plan. You may be stuck with a Manitoba number, its not so bad if you have to keep the Manitoba number, cheating the system will be alright for you, but anyone in BC calling you will be the one's that will pay for it unless they have long distance. Everytime they call you they will be charged. Most of these guys in here that tell you to cheat the system actually don't care what happens to their buddies. The self proclaimed gurus that come in here, well lets just say this, you need to watch who you listen to. They are not all that they claim they are.
    By the way, Stores get commission, Fido call center agents do not. Stores will do anything.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast