Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What makes you stay with Virgin over T-Mobile?

Feedback Score

What makes you stay with Virgin over T-Mobile?

So I saw the Optimus F3 for $99.99 and a $50 rebate and Im thinking about returning the F6 I bought yesterday for T-Mobile and making the switch. Has anyone used both services? The F3 looks decent, just a little smaller screen. Is the price plan what keeps you with VM or something else I should consider. Both have 4G coverage where I live.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Main reason is that sprint whores out their network more than T-MO so plans are usually better for the $ when your monthly limit is $35. You can't get a t-mo plan that is similar to VM/Ringplus for $35.

Feedback Score
    Yeah the price is no debate. I got sucked in with the F6 and the larger screen. I cant get a real good read on how people feel about the F3. I know memory sucks on both of them but I dont know anyone with an F3.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    If you have TMo 3g/HSPA where you live and work, and also need 100 minutes or less, the TM $30 plan is something to consider.

I need more minutes (around 250) so that plan doesn't make sense for me. Plus, I go too many places where I'd have TMo edge.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JDubTrey View Post
    If you have TMo 3g/HSPA where you live and work, and also need 100 minutes or less, the TM $30 plan is something to consider.

I need more minutes (around 250) so that plan doesn't make sense for me. Plus, I go too many places where I'd have TMo edge.

I am the opposite. Rarely go over 100 a month. I also am a rare VM 100% happy customer. Been here over 3 years, never had any issues besides slow 3g speeds for the first year or so. I now have great LTE speed. Thinking of moving to T-Mobile and the $30 plan JDubTrey mentioned. The reason? I want the nexus 5. Hanging in for the spring releases by VM see what they offer.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Reception. Sprint's towers provide service inside my house. T-Mobile's don't. I want my phone to work at home, too.

Device(s)
    Motorola i335
    Carrier(s)
    Boost CDMA and IDen
    Feedback Score
    I'm trying VM next week when my tmo month is up. The main reason is the slow throttle speed of tmo when you go over the date limit.

My area Minneapolis doesn't officially have sprint lte but it's been here at least a year. I've read that VM doesn't throttle in new areas so I'm giving it a try.

When tmo throttles it is painfully slow. Otherwise I would stay with them.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    LG F3
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    When I had a 3g virgin phone that did meter data when I was told I was throttled speeds where still very very usable. I am not even sure I was ever throttled. With LTE though it doesn't even count my data. Halfway through the month it says I have only used 9 MB. Sprint has a great 4g network that isn't even official here but I never fall down to 3g.

The 8mb of used data shows u how rarely I use 3g.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Pretty much the $35 fee. I don't need more voice minutes so there is zero reason for me to pay more then $35.

Feedback Score
    You guys make a heck of an argument. Guess I will watch some you tube videos to get some feedback on the F3. I have Sprint 4G LTE coverage here so no issue there. If this phone is decent, that Best Buy deal will be hard to pass up.

Feedback Score
    One other thing I forgot, I know Boost has $5 and $10 international plans. Does Virgin have anything like that? I have a few friends in Canada and Mexico and was curious how that would work. Thanks.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
    Pretty much the $35 fee. I don't need more voice minutes so there is zero reason for me to pay more then $35.
    I am a satisfied VM customer like you and wsoul1. However, the day that GoPhone offers $35 for 300 minutes, UnTx and 2.5 GB of data, there is very little reason to stay with VM.

Most of the big four carriers want us to buy unlimited minutes for some reason, and not everyone needs that.

Device(s)
    Nexus⁴, Idol 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo monthly4g, H2O
    Feedback Score
    I ported both my lines to GSM. One T-Mobile $30 5gb plan, as I use more data and less talk. And one to h2o (at&t) $30 unlimited plan for wife for more talk and less data.

For me the data was too slow (and low capacity), and for the wife the $55 plan is too expensive for unlimited TNT. So for $30 a piece we both have a different network and have the plans we want. Also the choice of any phone we wanted was a huge plus too. Add on the ability to change gsm mnvo's at will and not have a locked down phone.
    LG Nexus⁴ -- OmniRom lollipop 5.1.1 -- LTE enabled
    Alcatel Idol 3 ------- Stock lollipop -- 5.0.2
    Acer A100 -- GodDroid CM10 4.1.2 @1.5ghz
    Old: Moto G, F3, Blaze 4g, SIII, OV, MT, Rise, Elite

Carrier(s)
    Metro by T-Mobile, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Two reasons for me: the $35/300 minute plan is perfect for my usage, and VM has service in places I travel where T-Mobile doesn't.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Moto g7 power, Samsung a20, Samsung s8
    Carrier(s)
    cricket
    Feedback Score
    They dont offer Tmobile in my area. My brother has it and isnt very pleased with it..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast