Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: when will att take over

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

when will att take over

does anyone know when the cricket brand will be use and sell att hotspots,phones,tablets and more

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's up to the FCC - whenever they approve the takeover. Cricket shareholders approved it long ago and California (where Cricket is headquartered) reviewed the deal and raised no concerns. If the FCC finds any concerns, they can stop the clock until AT&T finds a solution (they did that on day 175 out of 180 with AT&T's Alltel deal) but I doubt that will happen. The clock says the FCC is still analyzing and having discussions with different parties.
    http://transition.fcc.gov/transaction/att-leap.html

Once it's approved, Aio will get killed and replaced by Cricket.

That being said, it seems AT&T is preparing Aio for the deal - the new $50 2.5GB, $60 5GB, and $5 off with autopay are all the same deals that Cricket has been offering.

I doubt they'll keep offering the five 1GB smartphone lines for $100/month deal. I'd be shocked (thrilled?) if they did, lol. I wonder if they'll continue the unlimited music downloads / muve.
    Carriers I've used: Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket, AT&T, Verizon, Page Plus, Virgin Mobile, Movistar, AT&T Mexico, Telcel, Straight Talk, RingPlus.
    Phones I've used: iPhone 6S, iPhone 5c, HTC One M9, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG G2, BlackBerry Storm, Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Feedback Score
    any idea when the fcc will make a decision id like to know just like everyone else

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stangjames View Post
    any idea when the fcc will make a decision id like to know just like everyone else
    The FCC has 36 more days, of course they could stop the clock(but I really don't think they will).

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    it would be awesome if they kept the $100 5 lines plan

Device(s)
    Pixel XL, OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    AT&T said they expected the deal to be complete by the end of first quarter, so they're thinking by the end of March. There were some quotes about shaking up the prepaid industry, so more changes could be on the way. I know MetroPCS has been pushing their $40 plan hard as of late. It will be interesting to see what Cricket does to counter that.

Feedback Score
    Metropcs gives only 500mb of full speed data for $40.. I got my son the $50 plan which is almost like cricket I am on. Expect cricket gives you muve music and tethering for $50

Sent from my HTC One SV using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    the muve music hardly ever works and tethering is going bye bye

Feedback Score
    Muve us owned by beats now... Art uses beats on some plans.

Feedback Score
    Theatt overlords will merge gophone into cricket

Device(s)
    too many iPhones
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by htcgoogle View Post
    Theatt overlords will merge gophone into cricket
    really doubt that. the talk is primarily of att merging aio into cricket.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I think att will be bring a hspa or hspa+ hotspot out for cricket

Device(s)
    Pixel XL, OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    I'm wondering if they are going to do a full launch or a soft launch with the new Cricket. With Metro PCS, T-Mobile didn't allow Metro customers to use their phones in every market. Some were in 4G T-Mobile markets and were told that they were roaming and had their accounts cancelled. If AT&T allows Cricket users to use their network right away and allow unlocked GSM phones, it would be a big boost in getting some to take a second look at Cricket. I'm guessing that the marketing will change also, since they are running commercials about Cricket being half the price of AT&T right now.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    well att will take cricket over sometime this month I think the fcc will let it go though on 3/13/14 and att will take control the next day on friday then I'd say they will overhaul the aio or cricket website that night an then put it back online on 3/17/14 an annouce the new cricket cell phones plan and phones the new hotspot or hotspots an there plans and the new tablets an there plans.

come on give us a 4gb,6gb,8gb hotspot on hspa or hspa+ then for the rest of the month the speed goes to 2g or 350kbps or 450kbps throttle on 3G.

Device(s)
    Huawei Elate H1711z
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy88 View Post
    well att will take cricket over sometime this month I think the fcc will let it go though on 3/13/14 and att will take control the next day on friday then I'd say they will overhaul the aio or cricket website that night an then put it back online on 3/17/14 an annouce the new cricket cell phones plan and phones the new hotspot or hotspots an there plans and the new tablets an there plans.

come on give us a 4gb,6gb,8gb hotspot on hspa or hspa+ then for the rest of the month the speed goes to 2g or 350kbps or 450kbps throttle on 3G.
    From everything I've been able to find online regarding the merger, it seems AT&T is very interested in the Cricket namebrand. Seems GoPhone is staying put (for now) but AIO will become Cricket. So when the merger is 100% complete, I expect AIO websites to redirect to Cricket.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast