Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AT&T unlimited data for iPad throttling?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

AT&T unlimited data for iPad throttling?

Two questions:

1. Does AT&T throttle unlimited data for iPad like Ultd data for 4G LTE devices (iPhone, smartphones)? If yes, after how many GBs?

2. Does the ownership transfer of unlimited iPad data work the same way as TOBR for phone lines with Ultd data? Can someone please explain? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    are you buying one of those out of contract unlimited data plans they sell on ebay are u.

Feedback Score
    My experience says yes. After a while it will drop you down to hspa. When I used it tethered to a router after several hours ATT actually turned off data but a reboot an all was fine again. If you are legitimately using for data on an ipad or android tablet, I would say it is unlimited. If you are going to provide your home with internet on it, then you will be disappointed.

In my opinion, you are insane if you pay what the ebay price is. If someone is selling it for $100-150 it maybe worth it. I bought the first ipad 3G just for the plan and sold the ipad but have used that plan in every gsm device imaginable. Still happy I have it.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    My experience says yes. After a while it will drop you down to hspa. When I used it tethered to a router after several hours ATT actually turned off data but a reboot an all was fine again. If you are legitimately using for data on an ipad or android tablet, I would say it is unlimited. If you are going to provide your home with internet on it, then you will be disappointed.

In my opinion, you are insane if you pay what the ebay price is. If someone is selling it for $100-150 it maybe worth it. I bought the first ipad 3G just for the plan and sold the ipad but have used that plan in every gsm device imaginable. Still happy I have it.
    Ahan ok. I'm actually planning to trade one of my ultd data lines for iphone with ultd data line with ipad. How about transfer of ownership questions? Is it just logging in and changing login and payment details or using transfer of billing responsibility as for phones?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Never transferred a plan on ATT before. I think I read someone did an ipad plan transfer through CS without much issue. Personally, I would do it like I did the Virgin $25 plan transfer. Just change all the info in the account webpage to the new owners info and then give them the login and password. They would have to trust you with their credit card info. If they don't want trust the cc info with you, then the CS transfer is your only option.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ok I got it. Thanks mate

Feedback Score
    Just log into the site and change the info. It is dead simple, you can even change it to your own SIM. Simply from a resale value perspective trading an iPhone UL line for the iPad UL line is a no-brainer. As was said earlier the iPad UL plan is the best AT&T plan available, works on all devices and is unthrottled.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks Protagonist

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cooter55 View Post
    are you buying one of those out of contract unlimited data plans they sell on ebay are u.
    I'm not buying from there but may be Craigslist. Is there any catch in buying from eBay?

Feedback Score
    some people on ebay sell other junk as if it were the AT&T plan, T-Mobile MVNO plans etc. It is no big deal to use ebay for this, I have sold several such plans there.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus and AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by farhan.cma View Post
    Two questions:

1. Does AT&T throttle unlimited data for iPad like Ultd data for 4G LTE devices (iPhone, smartphones)? If yes, after how many GBs?

2. Does the ownership transfer of unlimited iPad data work the same way as TOBR for phone lines with Ultd data? Can someone please explain? Thanks.

1. In my experience Ive never been throttled. There was a month where I recently moved in and had no wifi access and I tethered to laptop and used around 10gb, and the speeds were still the same. If you notice the APN for iPad data plan is Broadband - so its meant for streaming and heavier data usage than a smartphone.

2. Its as simple as changing the account email and password to the new owner. Its a prepaid line. No credit checks, no social sec to give. You can change it all online at att.com/ipadlanding

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by viji_island View Post
    1. In my experience Ive never been throttled. There was a month where I recently moved in and had no wifi access and I tethered to laptop and used around 10gb, and the speeds were still the same. If you notice the APN for iPad data plan is Broadband - so its meant for streaming and heavier data usage than a smartphone.

2. Its as simple as changing the account email and password to the new owner. Its a prepaid line. No credit checks, no social sec to give. You can change it all online at att.com/ipadlanding
    Thanks mate. Another suggestion that helps in deciding.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So any good and reputed forums or website where it is safe to buy such a plan?

Feedback Score
    If anyone has an Unlimited iPad data plan and looking to get rid of it.. Let me know.. Thanks!
    Verizon "The New Unlimited Plan"
    AT&T Unlimited iPad Data
    AT&T 2X Mobley Connected Car UNL Plan.

Feedback Score
    Never throttled. EVER. Have had some months when have downloaded over 40GB.

There is a reason why these are priced so highly on eBay. And, good luck to anyone who tries to do an even trade of an iPhone/Android unlimited data plan (throttled at or around 5GB) for an iPad grandfathered unlimited data plan (unthrottled in all the years I have had it).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast