Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon Iphone 5 7.0.4 flashing to page plus Successfully done with 3G.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Verizon Iphone 5 7.0.4 flashing to page plus Successfully done with 3G.

What you need:
    Iphone 5 verizon version running 7.0.4
    ifile and tetherme
    Evad3rs jailbreak.
    page plus prl file.
    verizon sim card without service

Step 0. Put your verizon non-active sim card on the phone.
    Step 1. Jailbreak your iphone. I use evad3rs jailbreak since my iphone is running 7.0.4.
    Step 2. Install ifile and tetherme on your phone, you can buy them from cydia.
    Step 3. Download the page plus prl file
    Step 4. If you download the file(prl file) to your computer you need to put in your phone, if that is the case you need to install afc2add and a iphone browser. You can put it anywhere in your phone, I put mine in usr>downloads.
    Step 5. Go here System/library/carrier bundles/iphone/
    Step 6. rename Verizon_LTE_US.bundle to VerizonBackup.bundle.
    Step 7. rename Tracfone_US.bundle to Verizon_LTE_US.bundle.
    Step 8. Copy pageplus.prl to Verizon_LTE_US.bundle(the tracfone bundle renamed) and rename carrier.prl to carrierbackup.prl, finally rename pageplus.prl to carrier.prl.
    Step 9. Remove and reinsert the sim card without rebooting. Carrier should say TFW. Activate the phone with pageplus using your phone meid.
    Step 10. Dial *22890, let the phone program. You should get the programming successfully message on the screen.

that's it, I am getting 3G on the phone. Will post a youtube video with the instructions later.
    Last edited by david2k2; 02-10-2014 at 04:26 AM. Reason: removed advertising violations

Feedback Score

Page Plus on iPhone 5

Oh my gosh, did you just post this today? I've been trying to find this info online and it is nowhere.

Could you answer a few questions?

1) is this a regular iphone 5 verizon, not straight talk?

1) is it necessary to use a verizon sim? I have a T-Mobile sim that is deactivated and followed an older tutorial by Justin Reyes at his blog (Google justinreyesv if interested)

It's a very detailed tutorial but for me it didn't work. It also tells you to download the cydia commcenter patch. But I've heard mixed reports that it is working on ios 7.0.4

Thank you for posting your findings. My wife has loved Page Plus and I got her the iPhone 5 for Christmas promising her I would get it to work with Page Plus. Appreciate all your efforts!

Thomas

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommerdoo View Post
    Oh my gosh, did you just post this today? I've been trying to find this info online and it is nowhere.

Could you answer a few questions?

1) is this a regular iphone 5 verizon, not straight talk?

1) is it necessary to use a verizon sim? I have a T-Mobile sim that is deactivated and followed an older tutorial by Justin Reyes at his blog (Google justinreyesv if interested)

It's a very detailed tutorial but for me it didn't work. It also tells you to download the cydia commcenter patch. But I've heard mixed reports that it is working on ios 7.0.4

Thank you for posting your findings. My wife has loved Page Plus and I got her the iPhone 5 for Christmas promising her I would get it to work with Page Plus. Appreciate all your efforts!

Thomas
    It is a iphone 5 verizon version MD671LL/A running IOS 7.0.4.
    You don't need the commcenter patch.
    Is not working with a tmobile sim. I already try. I used a verizon nano sim that no longer has service. I will post a video later today or tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by david2k2 View Post
    What you need:
    Iphone 5 verizon version running 7.0.4
    ifile and tetherme
    Evad3rs jailbreak.
    page plus prl file.
    verizon sim card without service

Step 0. Put your verizon non-active sim card on the phone.
    Step 1. Jailbreak your iphone. I use evad3rs jailbreak since my iphone is running 7.0.4.
    Step 2. Install ifile and tetherme on your phone, you can buy them from cydia.
    Step 3. Download the page plus prl file
    Step 4. If you download the file(prl file) to your computer you need to put in your phone, if that is the case you need to install afc2add and a iphone browser. You can put it anywhere in your phone, I put mine in usr>downloads.
    Step 5. Go here System/library/carrier bundles/iphone/
    Step 6. rename Verizon_LTE_US.bundle to VerizonBackup.bundle.
    Step 7. rename Tracfone_US.bundle to Verizon_LTE_US.bundle.
    Step 8. Copy pageplus.prl to Verizon_LTE_US.bundle(the tracfone bundle renamed) and rename carrier.prl to carrierbackup.prl, finally rename pageplus.prl to carrier.prl.
    Step 9. Remove and reinsert the sim card without rebooting. Carrier should say TFW. Activate the phone with pageplus using your phone meid.
    Step 10. Dial *22890, let the phone program. You should get the programming successfully message on the screen.

that's it, I am getting 3G on the phone. Will post a youtube video with the instructions later.
    That's pretty impressive, david2k2, and it looks simple. If it works for everybody that wants a Vzw iPhone 5 on PPC as well as it did for you, I think there are going to be a lot of happy people around here!

Carrier(s)
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    So this basically turns a Verizon iPhone 5 into a Straight Talk iPhone 5 by giving it the Straight Talk carrier package? Were there previously roadblocks that prevented this? It seems ridiculously simple.
    Last edited by vulgate; 02-10-2014 at 06:21 PM.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    video is live in youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJGXrba8cPQ
    Last edited by david2k2; 02-10-2014 at 09:17 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    video is live in youtube.
    Can you post a link?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes, link added above.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Yes, link added above.
    Thanks!

Feedback Score
    (vidio dont show to well)and there is no data on safari . wonder if your steps will work on the sprint iphone 5 or 4s try it and post your results great work keep it up

Device(s)
    Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    nice job... been looking forthis to happen

Carrier(s)
    Cricket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Nice maybe this could work on a 5s or 5c?

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto Zap View Post
    Nice maybe this could work on a 5s or 5c?

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk
    I don't have a iphone 5s/5c to check but I have sprint iphone 5. Will post my results when I get to it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    After programming your phone Step10. The next step will be modifying ERI.plist and carrier.plist(Verizon_LTE folder which in reality is the Tracfone bundle renamed). Look for the word "TFW" using ifile and replace it for Page+ or Verizon that way you will have Page+ or Verizon as the carrier name instead of TFW.

Feedback Score
    I don't have a iphone 5s/5c to check but I have sprint iphone 5. Will post my results when I get to it.
    Nice work. Can't want to find out about the sprint iphone 5. That would be big I think since sprint phones generally cost significantly less on the used market.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast