Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Iphone 5 7.0.4 flashing to page plus Successfully done with 3G.

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    I don't have access to a Sprint 5S, but I think they will be more complicated. If the Sprint 5s were unlocked, the procedure might be identical to the Verizon 5S, including the use of a Verizon SIM, though I don't know if the PRL is enough to get it to lock on the Verizon CDMA signal.

With a locked Sprint 5S, there will need to be additional edits. For example, you can't just copy the verizon LTE folder to the Sprint folder, as there are references to the first few digits of the allowable SIM numbers embedded in the main settings file. So a Sprint SIM and the Verizon files aren't a perfect match.

I also don't think we can just try the same routine, using the Sprint directory at the beginning step as some of the necessary settings are in the Verizon LTE bundle (as evidenced by the fact we can't swap SIMs after doing this on a Verizon phone) -- that suggests that the Tracfone folder doesn't have everything necessary to make this work.

Feedback Score
    So there's not garuntee of this working on a verizon 5s

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jonahlauermann View Post
    I did everything correctly and the phone is stuck on "searching".
    Delete the new Verizon LTE folder and rename the original Verizon folder back to its original name. Put another carriers SiM in the phone and power down.

Power back up and the swap SIM cards putting the Verizon SIM in the phone. Reset your cellular settings and also reset your network settings.

Then, start over (after the jailbreak).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by high technology View Post
    Delete the new Verizon LTE folder and rename the original Verizon folder back to its original name. Put another carriers SiM in the phone and power down.

Power back up and the swap SIM cards putting the Verizon SIM in the phone. Reset your cellular settings and also reset your network settings.

Then, start over (after the jailbreak).

Come on, a solution for a Sprint 4S please, please. I did all the stuff for the 4 but the S doesn't cooperate. I can't help but think someone has done it and it's doable. I know the hardware is the same. I feel like if I could flash a Sprint 4S to be a Verizon 4S then I will go to PP. Naturally I went from Sprint 4S to try and get it working round one. I cant find a dealer that has CDMA tools in Charlotte, NC. I know that would work, but then I kinda want to get it right on my own.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davisclan View Post
    Come on, a solution for a Sprint 4S please, please. I did all the stuff for the 4 but the S doesn't cooperate. I can't help but think someone has done it and it's doable. I know the hardware is the same. I feel like if I could flash a Sprint 4S to be a Verizon 4S then I will go to PP. Naturally I went from Sprint 4S to try and get it working round one. I cant find a dealer that has CDMA tools in Charlotte, NC. I know that would work, but then I kinda want to get it right on my own.
    Unfortunately, both of the 4S models in my house are the GSM variant, because my kids use way too much data to be on PagePlus. So I would have no way to test since I don't believe anyone has figured out how to activate the GSM ones on CDMA despite there only being one hardware model.

Feedback Score
    Hey David, Ive done everything in your guide to the T but im not getting anything.. Theres is small chance that i maybe slipped on something but i doubt.. Bro,, please help.. Can u give me a ring 478-273-1521 ask for Cornelius .. Please

Thanks in advance

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I will try to get ahold of a Sprint one and see if it works...........

I have passed so many of them up cheap its unreal.....

Viper

Feedback Score
    I'd be interested to know if a iPhone 5S will get on PPC using the steps found in the OP!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    There's really no reason to think that it would not work on the 5S I think the real prize is using a sprint iphone 5, since those are cheaper to get

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by david2k2 View Post
    What you need:
    Iphone 5 verizon version running 7.0.4
    ifile and tetherme
    Evad3rs jailbreak.
    page plus prl file.
    verizon sim card without service

Step 0. Put your verizon non-active sim card on the phone.
    Step 1. Jailbreak your iphone. I use evad3rs jailbreak since my iphone is running 7.0.4.
    Step 2. Install ifile and tetherme on your phone, you can buy them from cydia.
    Step 3. Download the page plus prl file
    Step 4. If you download the file(prl file) to your computer you need to put in your phone, if that is the case you need to install afc2add and a iphone browser. You can put it anywhere in your phone, I put mine in usr>downloads.
    Step 5. Go here System/library/carrier bundles/iphone/
    Step 6. rename Verizon_LTE_US.bundle to VerizonBackup.bundle.
    Step 7. rename Tracfone_US.bundle to Verizon_LTE_US.bundle.
    Step 8. Copy pageplus.prl to Verizon_LTE_US.bundle(the tracfone bundle renamed) and rename carrier.prl to carrierbackup.prl, finally rename pageplus.prl to carrier.prl.
    Step 9. Remove and reinsert the sim card without rebooting. Carrier should say TFW. Activate the phone with pageplus using your phone meid.
    Step 10. Dial *22890, let the phone program. You should get the programming successfully message on the screen.

that's it, I am getting 3G on the phone. Will post a youtube video with the instructions later.

I guess i messed up somewhere in the process but im wanting to restore thru itunes and start over.. Itunes is asking to update to 7.0.6 and i dont want to do that but i did notice that today there is a jailbreak for 7.0.6 so do you know if this is safe to update now that there is a jb available?

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by couped27 View Post
    I guess i messed up somewhere in the process but im wanting to restore thru itunes and start over.. Itunes is asking to update to 7.0.6 and i dont want to do that but i did notice that today there is a jailbreak for 7.0.6 so do you know if this is safe to update now that there is a jb available?
    The latest jailbreak works on 7.0.6, or you can add the security patch without updating your iOS. Google: how to install ios 7.0.6's security patch without updating.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Page+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingerbrown View Post
    The latest jailbreak works on 7.0.6, or you can add the security patch without updating your iOS. Google: how to install ios 7.0.6's security patch without updating.

I have the same issue. I got the Talk and Text to work but can't get data to work. I think i messed up somewhere between step 5 thru 10... Should I restore to 7.0.6 and try again since the 7.0.6 jailbreak is available??

Thanks

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Page+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingerbrown View Post

I have the same issue. I got the Talk and Text to work but can't get data to work. I think i messed up somewhere between step 5 thru 10... Should I restore to 7.0.6 and try again since the 7.0.6 jailbreak is available??

Thanks

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I would restore.. and start from scratch $0.02

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kre8ve View Post

Thanks
    Those doing the procedure and not getting data. Here is a solution:
    Turn off your iphone. Do an esn reset (free). http://www.remotesquad.com/free-page-plus-esn-reset/. After it gets complete turn the phone on then dial *22890.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast