Thread: Prepaid or not???

Device(s)
    Wouldn't you like to know ;-)
    Carrier(s)
    USCC
    Feedback Score

Prepaid or not???

I am paying over $100 a month for my plan but can go to USCC prepaid service and have more minutes and equal data for $65 a month or save even more and drop to promo $50 plan with 500 meg of data.. Since I am only using around 300 megs a month in data I don't see that as being a problem.

I called into see what they could or would do for me and was basically told nothing we can do. Haven't taken a new phone at discount since 02.. Just think of the money that they have made off my line by not having to subsidize a phone in 12 years..

Can anyone give me a reason to not switch over to USCC prepaid plans from a post paid plan???

Is the Prepaid PRL different than the post paid one? Is my data gonna really be any different?? Any thoughts help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    If it's an LG I have used it at one point or another and maybe have even broken a few of them..
    Believe in Something Better.........

Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Duecy View Post
    I am paying over $100 a month for my plan but can go to USCC prepaid service and have more minutes and equal data for $65 a month or save even more and drop to promo $50 plan with 500 meg of data.. Since I am only using around 300 megs a month in data I don't see that as being a problem.

I called into see what they could or would do for me and was basically told nothing we can do. Haven't taken a new phone at discount since 02.. Just think of the money that they have made off my line by not having to subsidize a phone in 12 years..

Can anyone give me a reason to not switch over to USCC prepaid plans from a post paid plan???

Is the Prepaid PRL different than the post paid one? Is my data gonna really be any different?? Any thoughts help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    So you have a phone from 2002, or did you pay full price for your phones? If you have a phone from 2002, then by switching to a new phone to get on pre-paid you most likely will find yourself using more than 300MB a month. If you simply paid full price for your phones, why don't you just cancel and sign up for the pre-paid plans?

500MB is very limiting IMO, especially when you go over that you get throttled to unusable 1x speeds.

Device(s)
    Wouldn't you like to know ;-)
    Carrier(s)
    USCC
    Feedback Score
    No 2002 was the last time I did a contract to get a phone at discount. Honestly I have probably been through 30 phones since than.

I have the Optimus F7 but don't use much data on network most of my data use is on WIFI.

Even if I had to pay full price I could get a new high end phone yearly and still be money ahead..

But if the coverage is gonna be not what I am used to now it may not be worth it.

Feedback Score
    U Prepaid might be a good option. Runs off US Cellular towers.

http://www.uprepaid-uscellular.net/plans.html

Unlimited talk and text for $50 a month. The Motorola G for $129 looks like a great smartphone.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    USCC prepaid is the same coverage as contract. 500MB data limit is on 3G/4G data only, you would still have unlimited 1X.
    The only prepaid plan you can put a 4G on is that one. Not allowed on the $65 plan right now.
    MOTOROLA Still #1 in reception and call clarity.