Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bypass iCloud

Feedback Score

Bypass iCloud

I have an iPhone 4 that was locked with iCloud by someone(ex) out of spite! I am unable to get it unlocked! Is there a way to bypass this? It's on ios 7.0.6!

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Even if there was a way to bypass the activation lock, I would hope that no one here would divulge it as it is a very powerful theft deterrent. Fortunately however, there's no way to bypass it. You've got yourself a nice paperweight. In the future, you should either secure your phone with a passcode or ensure that your own iCloud account is set up and that Find my iPhone is enabled on the device. That way no one will be able to turn on the activation lock "out of spite" with their own Apple ID.

Device(s)
    too many iPhones
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score

Bypass iCloud

Quote Originally Posted by brettvarney77 View Post
    I have an iPhone 4 that was locked with iCloud by someone(ex) out of spite!
    your ex really knew one way to get back at you.

my guess is that iphone should be under your apple icloud account. you should then be able to go into your icloud on the internet, go into find-my-iphone and delete the iphone from your account. and then restore your iphone in itunes. and then set up your own lockscreen passcode that you will know and that your next girlfriend hopefully won't mess up.

if your iphone is not under your account, then you can curse your ex forever whenever you look at the iphone paperweight.

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Most people use a separate iCloud account so that they send and receive iMessages and FaceTime calls independently of iTunes purchases. It also allows Find My iPhone without showing two or three iPhones on the map when you are looking for one. Additionally it allows an individual iCloud email account.
    Earl F. Parrish

Device(s)
    too many iPhones
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    well hopefully the iphone is on one of the OP's icloud accounts if he is like "most" people and if he has control of that account.

but me would guess that most other people have a single account if those other folks are not so security conscious.

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    If that were the case, the question would not have been posed in this thread. If you use iCloud just for purchases of apps, music and movies, one account will work. If you want email, online backups, storage, iMessages and FaceTime, one Apple ID will not work.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    If that were the case, the question would not have been posed in this thread.
    Sure it would, the OP wants to bypass Activation Lock that is set up with an account that he does not have access to. Therefore, how many accounts he owns is completely irrelevant. (At least this is my reading of the OP's message).
    If you use iCloud just for purchases of apps, music and movies, one account will work. If you want email, online backups, storage, iMessages and FaceTime, one Apple ID will not work.
    That is incorrect. I use one Apple ID for everything - purchasing apps, books, music, TV shows, iMessage, backup, Photo Stream, iTunes Match, and so forth. The only issue arises for people who want to share their Apple IDs with multiple people in a household. In that case, having a separate Apple ID for iCloud will let you keep your iMessages, mail, contacts, documents and data, and backup private. For everyone else, there is zero issue. To say that "it won't work" or "most" people have multiple Apple IDs is simply preposterous. For individuals, things are much simpler if you stick to one account and don't share it--which is the way your account was meant to be used anyway.

Feedback Score
    I've been reading up on a way with WinSCP and TU. Anybody tried this yet?

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Transitioning specific files?

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DataDude View Post
    Sure it would, the OP wants to bypass Activation Lock that is set up with an account that he does not have access to. Therefore, how many accounts he owns is completely irrelevant. (At least this is my reading of the OP's message).

That is incorrect. I use one Apple ID for everything - purchasing apps, books, music, TV shows, iMessage, backup, Photo Stream, iTunes Match, and so forth. The only issue arises for people who want to share their Apple IDs with multiple people in a household. In that case, having a separate Apple ID for iCloud will let you keep your iMessages, mail, contacts, documents and data, and backup private. For everyone else, there is zero issue. To say that "it won't work" or "most" people have multiple Apple IDs is simply preposterous. For individuals, things are much simpler if you stick to one account and don't share it--which is the way your account was meant to be used anyway.
    The case we're are discussing involves two separate telephones controlled by separate individuals. Why would you want everyone in your household to receive each other's iMessages, FaceTime calls and iCloud email messages? I was not talking about a single individual controlling all of his Apple devices. Even with one individual, if you use a single Apple ID, you would have to change your password of all Apple accounts if you use someone else's computer or Apple device to Find Your iPhone. With iTunes, you do not want to pay for the same app for each individual device, so all Apple device could share the same Apple ID for that purpose and have individual Apple IDs for personal accounts such as email, iMessages and FaceTime calls. Do you want five devices used by five individuals sharing the same five gigabytes of iCloud storage or sharing the same contacts?

via the HoFo App

https://discussions.apple.com/message/23583985#23583985
    Last edited by efparri; 03-14-2014 at 05:40 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The case we're are discussing involves two separate telephones controlled by separate individuals.
    No it does not. The case we are discussing involves a single iPhone 4.
    Why would you want everyone in your household to receive each other's iMessages, FaceTime calls and iCloud email messages? I was not talking about a single individual controlling all of his Apple devices. Even with one individual, if you use a single Apple ID, you would have to change your password of all Apple accounts if you use someone else's computer or Apple device to Find Your iPhone. With iTunes, you do not want to pay for the same app for each individual device, so all Apple device could share the same Apple ID for that purpose and have individual Apple IDs for personal accounts such as email, iMessages and FaceTime calls. Do you want five devices used by five individuals sharing the same five gigabytes of iCloud storage or sharing the same contacts?

via the HoFo App
    I've already acknowledged that your scenario (i.e. one family shares an Apple ID for iTunes purchases; all family members have separate accounts for iCloud, Facetime, and iMessage) is a valid one. However, your claim that "it won't work" with a single Apple ID or that "most people" have multiple Apple IDs is completely preposterous. In fact, in general you really should not be sharing any Apple ID with anyone although I am aware that people do it. If you want to share content with others in your household, You can use iTunes Home Sharing as an alternative to sharing one Apple ID.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brettvarney77 View Post
    I've been reading up on a way with WinSCP and TU. Anybody tried this yet?

via the HoFo App
    I would just like to point out that even if you find some method to bypass it, which I sincerely doubt you will by the way, it will likely continue to be a problem every time you activate this iPhone and you will probably not be able to connect it to another iCloud account ever again. I suggest you purchase a new iPhone and set it up with your own iCloud account so no one can lock it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DataDude View Post
    No it does not. The case we are discussing involves a single iPhone 4.

I've already acknowledged that your scenario (i.e. one family shares an Apple ID for iTunes purchases; all family members have separate accounts for iCloud, Facetime, and iMessage) is a valid one. However, your claim that "it won't work" with a single Apple ID or that "most people" have multiple Apple IDs is completely preposterous. In fact, in general you really should not be sharing any Apple ID with anyone although I am aware that people do it. If you want to share content with others in your household, You can use iTunes Home Sharing as an alternative to sharing one Apple ID.
    The iTunes Home Sharing functions shares media files between up to five computers. It does not share apps. Mobile devices play media by streaming from the computer to which it is connected. It has to use the same Apple ID as that on the computer to which it is connected. That does not seem to provide any ability to not share the Apple ID unless you want to personally sign on each device.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3819
    Last edited by efparri; 03-14-2014 at 08:07 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The iTunes Home Sharing functions shares media files between up to five computers. It does not share apps. Mobile devices play media by streaming from the computer to which it is connected. It has to use the same Apple ID as that on the computer to which it is connected. That does not seem to provide any ability to not share the Apple ID unless you want to personally sign on each device.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3819
    Sorry, you're simply wrong. Home Sharing lets you share and import all kinds of media into any of up to five iTunes libraries in your home, including apps. And it can be content purchased with more than one Apple ID.

The article you linked to says the following:
    Home Sharing enables you to stream or transfer music, movies, TV shows, apps, and more among up to five authorized computers in your household.
    Apps are explicitly mentioned as being supported.

EDIT: but you are correct in that there's no way to sync those apps to an iDevice without using iTunes. Home Sharing is designed for devices in the same household, though, so this shouldn't be much trouble in most cases. I mean, I can see where it wouldn't work for some or wouldn't be as convenient. I was just making the case that I don't think it's a "best practice" to share your account.

Device(s)
    too many iPhones
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score

Bypass iCloud

If that were the case, the question would not have been posed in this thread. If you use iCloud just for purchases of apps, music and movies, one account will work. If you want email, online backups, storage, iMessages and FaceTime, one Apple ID will not work.
    doesn't look to me that the OP said he used multiple icloud accounts in his message? must be some sort of hofo code that me not understand. guess you have to be part of "most" people. lol :-)

seriously, hopefully the OP is able to get back into his iphone.

(oh. one other thing. myself personally only use one apple id for buying apps, music, video, email, imessages, facetime, etc. but then again, me probably not "most" people.)

via the HoFo App
    Last edited by iwantgizmos; 03-15-2014 at 12:06 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast