Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: How many customers will leave if VZW get the guts to kick everyone off unlimited data

Feedback Score

How many customers will leave if VZW get the guts to kick everyone off unlimited data

how many customers will leave if VZW get the guts to kick everyone off unlimited data?

there will be some, but I can't imagine it will make a noticeable dent in VZW's bottom line.

nobody else offers "real" unlimited data at 4G speed over such a large coverage area in the country.

which makes me wonder why VZW is afraid to do it? is is because some of those customers with unlimited data are still under contract? Two of my unlimited data lines are still under contract... I wonder when the last customer with unlimited data will go off contract? Perhaps July 2014? That's two years form when they stopped offering unlimited, which was July 2012.(?) Will VZW finally put an end to this by then?

Device(s)
    Motorola V710 (Alltel Flash)
    Carrier(s)
    AllTel
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I think their more worried about the other competitors than unlimited data customers. JMHO.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I agree with Sulu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Play (Vzw), Moto Z Play (PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phoneglider View Post
    I wonder when the last customer with unlimited data will go off contract? Perhaps July 2014? That's two years form when they stopped offering unlimited, which was July 2012.(?) Will VZW finally put an end to this by then?
    There are several people here, who claim their contracts last out well into 2016, and have unlimited data.

IMHO, I don't think VZW will cut off unlimited directly, but may not allow it onto their 5G network. So, people with unlimited will have to make the decision themselves, stay on 4G forever, or forfeit it and move into 5G.

Feedback Score
    Verizon has no reason to "kick everyone off" unlimited data. Like already stated, there aren't enough of them to affect the bottom line. If high data users were really impacting the network integrity, Verizon would have already eliminated them. It's all hype, Verizon will engage in tactics to try to get as many people paying piecemeal for their data as they reasonably can, is not worried about a few unlimited customers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltA View Post
    There are several people here, who claim their contracts last out well into 2016, and have unlimited data.
    That's possible. A year ago, one of mine lines finally came off a 4-year contract. (two 2-year contracts back-to-back) It was due the stupid 3rd party seller, Wirefly.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I'd leave if my data plan is taken away. I am keeping mine because it is cheaper than the new offerings. My contract expired on 3/1.

But the number of unlimited data users must be dwindling. Some folks don't want to pay outright for a phone.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Motorola V710 (Alltel Flash)
    Carrier(s)
    AllTel
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I keep signing friends up (via aol) with unlimited data.... Keep the faith! ;-)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by quint101 View Post
    I'd leave if my data plan is taken away. I am keeping mine because it is cheaper than the new offerings. My contract expired on 3/1.

But the number of unlimited data users must be dwindling. Some folks don't want to pay outright for a phone.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    I envy those who live/work/travel in areas covered by AT&T 4G. VZW is my only option because most areas don't have AT&T 4G... or even voice/3G signal.

I feel like a lot of people are "tricked" into giving up unlimited data by VZW store employees or phone reps. Or they don't visit HowardForums and read about how to keep unlimited data and get subsidized phones at the same time.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    I had UL, but no longer needed it once I got WiFi at home. I used to use between 25 and 30 GB/month. With all the WiFi all over the place I haven't exceeded a gig yet. I got on the 6GB plan when I last upgraded. It was nice getting a new device for cheaper. I hadn't been able to get a subsidy in a long time. Came off a long road trip a couple months ago and barely cracked a gig and a half and using Pandora a lot on the road. I'm happy with my plan.
    To comment on the thread, I don't think Verizon will kick anyone off who has UL data. I think they will maybe just make it increasingly harder to keep it. As mentioned, as the technology evolves UL data users could be left behind if newer devices require newer plans. Just my .02 cents.

Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It depends what they replace it with, if it's just a 2GB plan I most likely will cancel, but if it's 5GB+ I may stay as long as my cheap $60/mo plan can remain intact.

Feedback Score
    My contract expires in late 2015, but if unlimited were dropped, then I would leave immediately. In the Philly market, which Verizon obviously cares nothing about due to our sub .5mb speeds, unlimited is the only thing keeping me here. Sprint (already have a line with student promo), T-Mobile (iPad 200mb) and AT&T all work significantly better.

Device(s)
    SGS 7, Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T MSV 10+10GB, Sprint Free for a year
    Feedback Score
    I believe they are waiting to see if they can legally throttle 700c, and if they can, then they will follow AT&T's lead, and the Unlimited problem will be solved. If they cannot, they will either squeeze really hard on Unlimited users, just kick them off outright, or start to selectively kick off abusive users.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    It depends what they replace it with, if it's just a 2GB plan I most likely will cancel, but if it's 5GB+ I may stay as long as my cheap $60/mo plan can remain intact.
    I agree reasonable data for a good price. I know 5GB is a good price for 60 bucks. I think Verizon should do things to help their customers out instead of just thinking of it as a business.

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If I lose unlimited, I'd leave. No reason to stay beyond that. I can get the same service at a lower cost if I didn't have unlimited. Right now, I would pay more with a family share plan, and get less than what I use. Meh.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast