Thread: Music Player App with Composer sort?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score

Music Player App with Composer sort?

Hi,

I'm looking for something that is turning out to be pretty hard to find. I want a music player app for my WP 8.1 phone that allows me to sort by Composer.

I'm into classical music, and usually the composer is pretty important to me. Not that I don't care about the performer. But I'm a lot more interested in being able to sort by composer.

I import from iTunes on a Mac to my Windows 8.1 phone using the Windows Phone app. The Composer field almost always has the info on each track, so the info already exists to be imported.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. If I have to use my computer's Windows partition instead, I can do that too.

Jessalyn Twine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessalyn.Twine View Post
    I'm looking for something that is turning out to be pretty hard to find. I want a music player app for my WP 8.1 phone that allows me to sort by Composer.
    I'm looking for that too. It's a shame that developers of music players disregard fans of classical music.
    Most players just offer the tags "artist" (which in fact is "album artist"), "album" and "title". Some offer access by folder structure - which is a workaround if the structure is built by "composer - opus" etc.

So if there is anyone in the depth of universe who knows a music player for WP8.1 which supports the "composer"-tag or at least is suitable to use the tags "artist" (not "album artist"!) and "album" for a neatly arranged structure of classical music files please help!!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score

Re: Music Player App with Composer sort?

Quote Originally Posted by aixfi View Post
    I'm looking for that too. It's a shame that developers of music players disregard fans of classical music.
    Most players just offer the tags "artist" (which in fact is "album artist"), "album" and "title". Some offer access by folder structure - which is a workaround if the structure is built by "composer - opus" etc.
    I'm honestly surprised. I would never have expected us (classical music lovers) to be ignored to this extent! Thanks for your reply.

Feedback Score

Good news: core music player v 1.9.9.9

Hi Jessalyn,

there is good news. The "core music player" now has been updated to version 1.9.9.9. And with this version it's possible not only to display the tag "artist" in the current played song but also to sort the library by "artist". This may be a good workaround. Still the tag "composer" is missing but in my opinion "core music player" is the best player to get for people like us. Try it!

Feedback Score
    Hi,

I'm developer of Next Player. Recently I added ability to sort playlists by Composer tag. You can also create 'Smart playlist', which contains only songs with composer that you chose. I hope this is music player which you are looking for
    microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/next-player/9nblggh1xmtz

Feedback Score
    There was an app a while ago called Music Hub Tile that did the trick but it's been taken off the market right now.
    I'll try out "core music player".