Thread: Decreasing battery life since purchase

Feedback Score

Decreasing battery life since purchase

Hi

After purchasing my Moto G three months ago I found that with extremely minimal use, wifi off, background data restricted, screen dimmed, 30 sec timout, I could get a week between charges but this is now down to 60 hours.

I have made only 15mins of voice calls during 75% battery discharge and this accounts for 9% of battery use.

Could the cause of this be that the battery has deteriorated? If so I will take the phone back under warranty. One thing I have concluded from most forum posts is that with hindsight I should not have allowed the Li ion battery to discharge to zero. I should point out that there is no guidance about this provided in the Moto G guide nor by the sellers. In fact in the Motorola forum there are several posts advising to discharge to zero and then to fully charge as a recalibration fix. Would you advise me to risk trying this at all? Is it OK to charge from about 20% to maximum?

I haven't yet tried disabling apps because Android system is only 7% and Android OS use only 2%. of total battery usage but is it possible apps or services are draining battery without showing up in the stats?

For example in the ″running″ list there are about 12 apps but there are about 150 apps in the ″All″ list and all have a force stop option, which implies to me that they are running, so why aren't they included in the ″running″ list?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Feedback Score
    Apps in your lists may, from time to time, send out minute amounts of data checking for updates, I think. They aren't actually running, but if you force stop and disable them they will never update or anything.

Your battery looks fine to me. All batteries wear out over time. Some faster than others, but if you had a problem with wakelocks from a malfunctioning app your battery would be draining much much faster.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Oh, by the way, if you want to see if this improves your standby battery, you could try switching to ART in your settings, in Developer Options.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Thank you
    i have stopped running the battery to zero and charge at 20 to 40%. I did 3 recal charges and cleared cache and now I get a week between charges again with minimal use so problem solved.