Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How I got my plan unthrottled by T-Mobile for free!

Feedback Score

How I got my plan unthrottled by T-Mobile for free!

So as you can tell by my threads on this fourum, I recently switched to T-Mobile from sprint. The speeds are defiantly better but 3G coverage and reliability are defiantly not. So anyways I'm on the 5GB plan and was throttled by T-Mobile last week. Today was the tipping point as my throttled speeds were 0.01kbps... Completely unusable and webpages would time out. So I called T-Mo today explaining my coverage issues and throttle speeds. The rep told me this was normal and that there was no "gaurenteed" speeds to expect while throttled. So I just told them to cancel my account and discontinue the service and that I didn't care that I still have a few weeks left in my plan and that I was going back to sprint. He then said hold on, and put another person on the phone. They explained that I should watch data use and avoid going over 5GB. He also said that their coverage area is expanding and rapidly getting better. He said that he was going to "restore full speed data" to my account for the remainder of my cycle for my convenience, and credit my account with $10 credit towards my next bill. After I got off the phone I rebooted my phone and sure enough data speeds were back to normal and I got a text saying my $10 was added to my account. So as of now I am pleased with T-Mobile I just wish more areas have 3G as I find I'm on edge in many places where AT&T , Verizon and Sprint have lte. But for $30/MO I can't complain. Just sharing my experience on how they unthrottled me as I heard this was rare

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Nexus⁴, Idol 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo monthly4g, H2O
    Feedback Score
    Nice.

To help me I set my data usage warning @ 4gb and set my month start date in the phone settings. It lets me know when in close so I can take it easy. 5gb is pretty generous for such a cheap plan, I like it. The 30mbps lte speeds help too.
    LG Nexus⁴ -- OmniRom lollipop 5.1.1 -- LTE enabled
    Alcatel Idol 3 ------- Stock lollipop -- 5.0.2
    Acer A100 -- GodDroid CM10 4.1.2 @1.5ghz
    Old: Moto G, F3, Blaze 4g, SIII, OV, MT, Rise, Elite

Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by julianf View Post
    So anyways I'm on the 5GB plan and was throttled by T-Mobile last week....... Today was the tipping point as my throttled speeds were 0.01kbps...
    Where are you located?
    What kind of phone do you have. No LTE?
    I have never seen anyone suggest getting two T-Mobile $30 plans but that would double your data.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I don't know what your monthly usage normally is... but don't assume TMO is going to give you this break every month. You got a generous one time courtesy credit which TMO is well known for doing even when TMO isn't at fault. Chances are good they noted doing this by putting comments on your account which they will review in future calls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Joplin T-Mobile

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rfranzq View Post
    Where are you located?
    What kind of phone do you have. No LTE?
    I have never seen anyone suggest getting two T-Mobile $30 plans but that would double your data.
    Located in New York City , iPhone 5 here were my throttled speedsName:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1399341070.854572.jpg
Views: 2559
Size:  45.5 KB

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score
    Congrats but this is exactly why t mobile while adding suscribers still loses millions of dollars a quarter.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by timmyh318 View Post
    Congrats but this is exactly why t mobile while adding suscribers still loses millions of dollars a quarter.

via the HoFo App
    Okay but look at the speeds they throttled me to, I mean 0.00??? That's completely unusable. I get that that's the point, it's unlimited just slowed but data was unusable and being that I have an iPhone , iMessages (which use data) often wouldn't send or send & recieve very late which was a big issue

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score
    Okay but look at the speeds they throttled me to, I mean 0.00??? That's completely unusable. I get that that's the point, it's unlimited just slowed but data was unusable and being that I have an iPhone , iMessages (which use data) often wouldn't send or send & recieve very late which was a big issue

via the HoFo App
    Thats why companies have different plans. hey if you got em to do it congrats but it is exactly why tmobile is losing money like crazy. If you know your gonna use more data every other carrier would tell you upgrade your plan and there right. And if you threatened to leave to sprint and are on a 30 dollar prepaid plan they would wish you best of luck. It worked for you sure but its actually horrible business and completely shows why t mobile is in the situation there in nothing against you hey if they offered it to me id take it to.

via the HoFo App
    Last edited by timmyh318; 05-06-2014 at 07:56 PM.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9+, iPhone 7, Netgear Nighthawk
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I can't believe you threatened to leave T-Mobile and they threw you a bone. And then you come here boasting about it. If 5GB isn't enough for what you do maybe you should sign up for unlimited post paid.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLWAT View Post
    I can't believe you threatened to leave T-Mobile and they threw you a bone. And then you come here boasting about it. If 5GB isn't enough for what you do maybe you should sign up for unlimited post paid.
    I didn't threaten to leave , I actually wanted them to cancel my account and I had full intention to go back with sprint b/c of their unlimited data and coverage. But they insisted on putting another person on and offering what they did.

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Nexus⁴, Idol 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo monthly4g, H2O
    Feedback Score
    Now that Virgin Mobiles throttle after 2.5gb is now 2g/1x, and some claim speeds are terrible now (50-80kbps) you might be lucky to even use 3gb, along with their new 5% top data user throttle.

Carrier(s)
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score
    I really csnt believe they buckled for a 30 dollar prepaid account lmao

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    I didn't threaten to leave , I actually wanted them to cancel my account and I had full intention to go back with sprint b/c of their unlimited data and coverage. But they insisted on putting another person on and offering what they did.

via the HoFo App
    With Sprint, all data is throttled. I junked my HTC Wildfire S, tried them again with the Optimus f3 (virgin Mobile) still junk 130k/sec "3G" may as well be EDGE.

Feedback Score

How I got my plan unthrottled by T-Mobile for free!

Quote Originally Posted by Antenna View Post
    With Sprint, all data is throttled. I junked my HTC Wildfire S, tried them again with the Optimus f3 (virgin Mobile) still junk 130k/sec "3G" may as well be EDGE.
    On sprint in the New York area I get about 1.5-2.5MBPS On 3G ev-do and about 5-30 on LTE. But I have had experiences where I have 5 bars and the data crawls at less than 1 MBPS but there have been months where my usage is over 10GB and haven't heard anything from sprint. Also with tmobile too many areas do not have 3G. I keep seeing edge way more than I should where as I'm on at least 3G w/ sprint all the time in upstate New York where a tmobile 3G signal is never to be found. ( forget about lte in smaller Towns with T-Mo as well)

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score
    Well cmon. T mobile was clearly good enough for you to burn thru 5 mb before 30 days lol all sprints prepaid is throttled after you reach you limit. Postpaid is the only unlimited sprint option.

via the HoFo App

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast