Thread: Love my Tracfone in the US. What similar plan is available in Canada?

Device(s)
    Tracfone (US), Bell Canada land line
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Love my Tracfone in the US. What similar plan is available in Canada?

Have been using Tracfone in the U.S. for several winters and love the service. Simple, reliable, competitive pricing with lots of deals. Sticking with our old land line while home here in Southern Ontario as I search for a NO contract prepaid service. Please advise me if there is something out there. Many thanks.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by siesta171 View Post
    Have been using Tracfone in the U.S. for several winters and love the service. Simple, reliable, competitive pricing with lots of deals. Sticking with our old land line while home here in Southern Ontario as I search for a NO contract prepaid service. Please advise me if there is something out there. Many thanks.
    cheap no frills cell phone available from Petro Canada. buy at gas station (not all carry phones), buy time - there is a minimum purchase, but cheapest is to plop $100 CDN for 440 minutes/12 months
    . Covers almost all of Canada. Dings you minutes. usually we cannot use all minutes and have to top up because year is up. Use this as an emergency phone mostly.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by heidi1957 View Post
    cheap no frills cell phone available from Petro Canada. buy at gas station (not all carry phones), buy time - there is a minimum purchase, but cheapest is to plop $100 CDN for 440 minutes/12 months
    . Covers almost all of Canada. Dings you minutes. usually we cannot use all minutes and have to top up because year is up. Use this as an emergency phone mostly.
    Wind has a prepaid plan also.Buy 3 months for $20 all the way up to $100 dollars for a year service.The bonus is if you use phone in a wind zone local calls and incoming calls are free.Use this at home in place of a landline.Money rolls over at end of term.

Carrier(s)
    Chat-r; PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Wind "HAD", not "has"except grandfathered, but in the context of this thread , it won't do the op any good as the pay your way plan had been cancelled. Only prepaid monthly left on wind, not pay per use kind. Hope you didn't run around trying to find a wind dealer for this. (Unless someone can transfer you his).
    No longer on a leash by Fido

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Rather than start a new thread, I thought I would ask here.

I have my in-laws coming to Canada for about 10 days and they're bringing their own GSM phone.

Aside from WIND where can they pickup a SIM and some airtime for their time here that gives them (actually me since I will pay for it) the best bang for the buck?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Depending where you are in Canada, Petro Canada Mobility can sell a sim card for unlocked gsm phone. Cost is $5, plus airtime -there may be a minimum - prepaid time.

Device(s)
    Acer Liquid Z220 duo sim card
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Speakout
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Speakout 7-eleven