Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: tethering on New cricket

Feedback Score

tethering on New cricket

Is tethering allowed on the new cricket? They had a tethering plan.

Feedback Score
    I went with aio so I could tether. I hope cricket doesn't change that

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    So Cricket did allow tethering. It wasn't against iit's tos.

Device(s)
    LG F3
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Cricket had tethering as an add on and some of their plans might have including it. Their tos though specifically said it wasn't allowed if your plan didn't say it included it

As for AIO, and now the new cricket, they don't allow it either however they don't seem to force their rule on phones that will allow it

For example my moto g came from AIO. AIO blocked the WiFi tether app and none, not even foxfi will work. Even foxfi says this app is blocked by your carrier

BUT people who got their g from moto or amazon or wherever can tether just fine and AIO never blocked it.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Part of the plan

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by devin37354 View Post
    Cricket had tethering as an add on and some of their plans might have including it. Their tos though specifically said it wasn't allowed if your plan didn't say it included it

As for AIO, and now the new cricket, they don't allow it either however they don't seem to force their rule on phones that will allow it

For example my moto g came from AIO. AIO blocked the WiFi tether app and none, not even foxfi will work. Even foxfi says this app is blocked by your carrier

BUT people who got their g from moto or amazon or wherever can tether just fine and AIO never blocked it.

OK. Probably be fine unless everyone starts abusing the privilege. Kinda how things started out on st years ago. Now we know how that turned out.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6.1
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I read through the sections on data in the terms of service pamphlet and it says nothing about tethering or hotspot. Both work just fine on my stock Moto G purchased from google.

Feedback Score
    I have a HTC one M7 running viper ROM sounds like cricket don't really care if I tether or not. Which is a good thing. I have been using tether on it with straight talk for a while now. Looking to jump ship and go cricket need more data.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    New Cricket :-)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by devin37354 View Post

I know, this is messed up. Just got a Moto G from Cricket yesterday, and the "Tethering & portable hotspot" option is missing ... Even my old Boost mobile Moto G has it... I thought I was going crazy...

Did you find any solution?

Device(s)
    LG F3
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Nope well u can always root I just haven't got around to if BC the boot loader has to be unlocked meaning everything will be deleted

Carrier(s)
    GoPhone (x2)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zen_ View Post
    I read through the sections on data in the terms of service pamphlet and it says nothing about tethering or hotspot. Both work just fine on my stock Moto G purchased from google.
    Cricket Acceptable Use Policy/Prohibited Data Uses

Prohibited Data Uses

Cricket's data services are not intended to be used in any manner which has any of the following effects and such use is prohibited if in Cricket's sole discretion it: (a) conflicts with applicable law; (b) hinders other customers' access to the wireless network; (c) compromises network security or capacity; (d) excessively and disproportionately contributes to network congestion; (e) adversely impacts network service levels or legitimate data flows; (f) degrades network performance; (g) causes harm to the network or other customers; (h) is resold either alone or as part of any other good or service; (i) tethers a wireless device to a computing device (such as a computer, Smartphone, eBook or eReader, media player, laptop, or other devices with similar functions) through use of connection kits, applications, devices or accessories (using wired or wireless technology) and you have not subscribed to a specific data plan designed for this purpose; (j) there is a specific data plan required for a particular use and you have not subscribed to that plan; or (k) such usage is excessive or unreasonable.

Feedback Score
    I guess we'll find out soon what cricket will do with those who tether

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Deja Vo...............

Device(s)
    Nokia 6.1
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dougeeebear View Post
    Interesting, I didn't notice there was more beyond the ToS pamphlet.

Maybe since we've now jumped the shark with unlocked GSM devices on pre-paid plans becoming more fashionable, carriers will maybe smarten up and let us add data only sims and USB adapters to our base phone plan for a few bucks rather than having to buy an entire new plan. Tethering and hotspot is nice, but it's still a hassle to setup every time you want to use it.

Cricket doesn't even offer data only plans (yet), so whatever if they are going to hassle customers using data they have purchased on stock features in devices they haven't fiddled with.

Carrier(s)
    GoPhone (x2)
    Feedback Score
    Since the original Cricket had the mobile hotspot option included in their smartphone plans, I'm hopeful that the New Cricket will include it soon.
    Last edited by dougeeebear; 05-23-2014 at 09:04 AM.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast