Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Temporary PTel Mobile Outage - Message from Social Media Team

Carrier(s)
    PTel
    Feedback Score

Temporary PTel Mobile Outage - Message from Social Media Team

Hi Guys,

PTel Social Media Team here. Figured we'd make an official posting for all to see than just reply to the call records thread.

If you didn't already know, we are experiencing a huge outage which is affecting literally our entire building. What does that mean? Well, this outage is affecting our servers, websites, and call center (we promise no one was hurt, though).

Will this affect your service?
    No. Luckily our building doesn't power the service
    Your phone should be running just fine unless you run out of airtime/access days (payments are temporarily unavailable since everything is down).

Is there an ETA?
    Not at this time. Once we do have one, we'll let you know.

What's the weather like?
    Currently in the suburbs of Illinois, it's a beautiful, sunny 68 degrees.

If you guys have questions, feel free to respond. Since we have a huge outage, we're not in office at the moment and we're on standby-mode. We'll check this is often as possible.

Thank you!

UPDATE:
    New Update Regarding Our Outage.

www.ptel.com is now hosting a form to fill out if you have been unable to add airtime to your account, or are experiencing a service interruption of any kind.

While our teams work around the clock to get our systems back up and running, our main concern is to ensure you have uninterrupted service.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation during this matter!
    Last edited by PTel; 05-29-2014 at 01:36 PM. Reason: UPDATE

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the update.

Sent from my Alcatel OneTouch Evolve

Feedback Score

need to add money to account today!! to keep phone working,,, how to do this.>?

are you goign to kill my phone b.c yr web site is downn?

wle

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhoneX4, P+X2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX2, R+, AV, Ting
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wle View Post
    are you goign to kill my phone b.c yr web site is downn?
    Ptel really needs to come up with a solution to this problem of expiring balances, and if none is available to them for now (out of their control) that should be stated with a remedy plan announced for once their service is back up. Saying "Sorry we can't do anything about it for now" is not enough for the people being affected.

Feedback Score
    yeah like ''don;t stop service for people unable to re-up... give them another week free, to pay ''

... wle
    Last edited by wle; 05-29-2014 at 12:11 PM.

Carrier(s)
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    All,

We were able to get www.ptel.com partially up.
    If your service is expiring or interrupted, a form will be available there to fill out.

If your airtime runs out, you will not lose your number or left over balance (if you're on Real PayGo). All accounts are able to be suspended for 30 days before any cancellation occurs.

The form is currently in production on and is expected to be ready today. Our highest priority is to make sure no one is without service and if they are, it is taken care of as quick as possible.

We appreciate your patience, we've been working around the clock to get things up and back to normal.

Feedback Score
    sorry - **it isn;t working at all**

==
    Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.ptel.com.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
    ==

wle

Carrier(s)
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    UPDATE:
    New Update Regarding Our Outage.

www.ptel.com is now hosting a form to fill out if you have been unable to add airtime to your account, or are experiencing a service interruption of any kind.

While our teams work around the clock to get our systems back up and running, our main concern is to ensure you have uninterrupted service.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation during this matter!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    sorry - **it isn;t working at all**

==
    Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.ptel.com.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
    ==

wle
    http://www.ptel.com/ currently works for me and shows a form to be filled out.

Feedback Score

form isn;t clear about what it is going to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    http://www.ptel.com/ currently works for me and shows a form to be filled out.

ok yeah i got the form and filled it out.

i am expiring today so i do need it to work.

unfortunately the form isn;t clear about what it is going to do.

they just asked if you are about to expire, i said yes, what is your number and email, i told them

it didn;t say what the result or their action was going to be, just ''ok sorry we will try to get service going again''

wle

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PTel View Post

If you guys have questions, feel free to respond.
    Just out of curiosity, what happened?
    A building fire, electrical short in the buildings wiring?
    Water damage due to burst water pipes?
    Angry bees?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhoneX4, P+X2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX2, R+, AV, Ting
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what happened?
    A building fire, electrical short in the buildings wiring?
    Water damage due to burst water pipes?
    Angry bees?
    This is what they posted in their temporary web form.
    Due to a major hardware failure that affected our main databases, our websites and phone systems are currently down.
    And they have repeated it is affecting their whole building, so one could assume it's not only them but the businesses next door too.

Feedback Score

anyone have sms settings for ptel and galaxy note 3?

I just re-inserted my ptel sim after traveling out of the country and of course it's not finding the ptel service until I put in the correct settings. Does anyone have the apn settings for galaxy note 3 and how to enter them?
    Thank you
    Nancy

Feedback Score
    I told my sister about how I've used Ptel for years, and convinced her to buy a phone and get an unlimited plan - she received her phone today (5/25/14) - only to go to activate it and find this outage oof the Ptel website!

I realize these things happen, but she is immediately wondering if this is an omen of impending dissatisfaction with Ptel!

I think Ptel needs to show extra loyalty at this time, and give customers who cannot sign up, or top up - at least a months free service as an apology fot the last two days.

If this outage goes longer - Ptel should provide an even longer period of free service as an apology!

Carrier(s)
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    ok yeah i got the form and filled it out.

i am expiring today so i do need it to work.

unfortunately the form isn;t clear about what it is going to do.

they just asked if you are about to expire, i said yes, what is your number and email, i told them

it didn;t say what the result or their action was going to be, just ''ok sorry we will try to get service going again''

wle

Basically we have found a way to keep accounts active (if they are about to suspend because of non-payment) and restore service (if account is already suspended). Our IT department is working all day and night to ensure everyone who fills out that form doesn't lose service. If you're going to expire soon or already expired, FILL OUT THE FORM AT www.ptel.com. They will get to your account as soon as possible and keep it active (free of charge of course).

Thank you :]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast