Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: When is Verizon going to get their head out of their....

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

When is Verizon going to get their head out of their....

...hind end?? As a single line user, I had no choice but to stay with AT&T. "We are very competitive with AT&T for a single line..." I am told, but when I explained to the nice lady on the phone that I pay $45/mo for unlimited talk/txt and 1GB of LTE data, she couldnt understand. I told her apparently Verizons CEO doesnt either! Single line users are left in the cold.

With a new Verizon tower going in near our remote hunting camp, id love to switch. But the amount of time I spend there doesnt justify giving up what I have with AT&T.

Singe line user, $50 price point TOTAL. Unlimited talk/txt, 1GB of data. Would that win people over with Verizon? I know it would for me.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Mega, OP6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pahick View Post
    ...hind end?? As a single line user, I had no choice but to stay with AT&T. "We are very competitive with AT&T for a single line..." I am told, but when I explained to the nice lady on the phone that I pay $45/mo for unlimited talk/txt and 1GB of LTE data, she couldnt understand. I told her apparently Verizons CEO doesnt either! Single line users are left in the cold.

With a new Verizon tower going in near our remote hunting camp, id love to switch. But the amount of time I spend there doesnt justify giving up what I have with AT&T.

Singe line user, $50 price point TOTAL. Unlimited talk/txt, 1GB of data. Would that win people over with Verizon? I know it would for me.
    I guess when they stop making billions of dollars per year...so lots of people must not be as concerned as you are?

So you are paying $45 now and am upset about jumping to $50?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jtludwig View Post
    I guess when they stop making billions of dollars per year...so lots of people must not be as concerned as you are?

So you are paying $45 now and am upset about jumping to $50?
    Where is the Verizon $50 plan with unlimited talk/txt and 1GB of LTE data? TOTAL?

Verizons single line user plan is $60, BEFORE tax. Comes to $73 for me after taxes and fees.

I mentioned $50 as a question. LTE data, after taxes.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah Verizon is expensive. 55 for one line but with almost no data(250mb) is hard to stomach coming off a GB or two. I was hoping Verizon would tweak the plans and offer a little more data to compete but until they lose money they wont react but so much.

I'm really liking verizons rural initiative but the prices aren't the best

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jtludwig View Post
    This. I think their current plans are quite unattractive. But, so far churn is low and they are still adding customers. I would be interested to know how much of this is via 1 year discounts (like "credits covering 1st year of EDGE payments"), and if they churn out in a year when their bill jumps up $25-$30 a line (either then, or a year later when any potential 2 year contract is up and EDGE is paid off.) If that became a problem they'd have to lower prices some time early to mid 2015. But honestly, until word gets or leaks out of a pricing change, cell cos price and plan changes are quite inscrutable.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    When all four us carriers will have a good chunk of low band spectrum

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure Edition 32GB 2015
    Carrier(s)
    ex Verizon Wireless - Currently: T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Verizon has 60$ loyalty plan unlimited talk text 2gb data

via the HoFo App

Fios 1024/1024

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by patt2k View Post
    Verizon has 60$ loyalty plan unlimited talk text 2gb data

via the HoFo App
    Which is still over $70, for me, with taxes and fees. Besides, its only offered to existing customers.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I had that plan at one time and the bill was always over 80 with all the junk fees and taxes.

Feedback Score
    One of the reasons VZW is more expensive is that they're trying to recoup the costs of putting that tower (and many others) in to where you need it. VZW is the only carrier who pumps billions of dollars annually back into its network every year. Folks on this board are always complaining about VZW being the most expensive. You pay a premium for the better service and better network coverage.
    VZW never claims to be the cheapest. They only claim to have the best nationwide network, which is a known fact.
    Its a difference of $15. That's $.50 a day for better service and coverage where you need it.
    VZW's "head" is not up their "hind end" when it comes to their network. Quite the opposite.
    If their pricing turns you off, you have two choices here...You either stick with the spotty AT&T network coverage and mediocre LTE buildout, or you pay a small premium for a better overall experience and the service that you want and need. An upgraded overall experience (first class, ocean view rooms, VIP seating) always costs more. VZW is that upgraded experience. You get what you pay for...end of story.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I am on that plan, the $45 unlimited talk, text and 250mb of data. It is about $50 total after taxes and bs. The data is the killer. I keep my wifi on 24/7, and have only come close to going over once since switching. That month I decided to do a speedtest, which used up about 80mb of my 250 for the billing cycle. I was not happy with that at all, but I did find out that my speed was really good. The price to me is worth what I give up in data since I rely on the communication part of the phone, i.e. phone and texting vs. data.
    Current Device: Apple iPhone 5S
    Space Grey - 32GB

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Att spends billions also so Verizon isn't the only one.
    Last edited by themanhimself; 06-01-2014 at 12:07 PM.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

Yeah, and the "new cricket" would give you AT&T coverage with Unl Talk/Text, 2.5GB of data for that $45 total (taxes included, with autopay)

Verizon's strategy could be compared to Apple's strategy. Target the customers who are willing to pay more. Deliver a solid premium offering.

Now is VZW batter than AT&T? In many areas no, in many yes, in most there isn't much difference. Is Apple better than its competitors? I don't want to start that argument - it goes nowhere, but people still buy Macbook Pros, iPads, and iPhones. Similarly, nobody buys a Lexus because it is the cheapest most cost efficient car to get one from point A to point B.

The marketing strategy is to position VZW as a premium offering at a premium price. That may not work in the long term, but it seems to be working now.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure Edition 32GB 2015
    Carrier(s)
    ex Verizon Wireless - Currently: T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Which is still over $70, for me, with taxes and fees. Besides, its only offered to existing customers.
    Well but you can sign up as existing customer on contract and get the loyalty plan the same day still.

I have 6 lines on VZW but ever since last month we are almost 99% of our data. We now have 1.1GB for 5 days until 6/5 12:01 AM

3 of my lines also get 10$ loyalty credit for 12 months which gives me free insurance for 12 months since I have it
    I also get 1gb of data free for 1 year shared of course.

My lines comes up about 68$ with insurance on my 5S which is not that bad however I at this point when contracts are UP tmobile seems much better option but by that time who knows verizon will come up with something.

so to sum it up we have 14GB shared + 1GB free + 3x 10$ Loyalty Credits.

With just the promotions it's 40$ a month savings.

Device(s)
    Asus Zenfone 2
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by noerdlinger View Post
    One of the reasons VZW is more expensive is that they're trying to recoup the costs of putting that tower (and many others) in to where you need it. VZW is the only carrier who pumps billions of dollars annually back into its network every year. Folks on this board are always complaining about VZW being the most expensive. You pay a premium for the better service and better network coverage.
    VZW never claims to be the cheapest. They only claim to have the best nationwide network, which is a known fact.
    Its a difference of $15. That's $.50 a day for better service and coverage where you need it.
    VZW's "head" is not up their "hind end" when it comes to their network. Quite the opposite.
    If their pricing turns you off, you have two choices here...You either stick with the spotty AT&T network coverage and mediocre LTE buildout, or you pay a small premium for a better overall experience and the service that you want and need. An upgraded overall experience (first class, ocean view rooms, VIP seating) always costs more. VZW is that upgraded experience. You get what you pay for...end of story.
    Gave up Verizon in February and found out att gives me better service around where I live than Verizon. I am a person that will not swear for any company because they are only after my money. If you stay at your location where you live, work and play and all 4 major providers are in that area that give the same quality service, I don't see any reason to pay Verizon a premium.

via the HoFo App

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast