Thread: Galaxy S4 system board swap

Feedback Score

Galaxy S4 system board swap

Will a Galaxy S4 GSM motherboard work in a CDMA S4? Yes, I know that it won't work on a CDMA network after the swap. Thanks.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Come on, folks. Has nobody had this need before? Cricket is shutting off CDMA in about a year. My 3 month old S4 will stop working. Had I known that AT&T was going to screw everyone with a Cricket phone, I would have bailed before my two weeks was up. As it is, it will most likely be a $400 paperweight. Cricket has offered me $150 trade in value. Or I could sell it to someone who wants to flash it to some other carrier. OR, I could make it GSM with a GSM logic board. What do you think?

Feedback Score
    Do you have any experience working with phone innards? Someone elsewhere who does likes to warn those who don't not to. I would probably opt to sell it but there's no assurance it will be outmoded by the GSM network by next spring. I'd wait and see what they say by then unless you'd really rather buy a different phone now.

Feedback Score
    I actually do have quite a bit of experience repairing phones. That's probably that possible solution appeals to me.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Got a deal on the logic board today. T-Mobile M919. Looks real straight forward. No jawbone connectors. I hate those. I'll have to unlock it, and find a SIM card I can borrow and see if it works! But, with my luck, it probably won't. So I'll sell it. Not much lost. I'll keep you posted.

Device(s)
    LG VX 8600-LG THE BEST
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Any updates??? Just curious

via the HoFo App
    Currently Running BAMF Cubed on My Quietly Rooted Thunderbolt

Feedback Score
    No go. My cricket S4 has a coax antenna on both sides of the logic board. The M919 didn't have a connector for the power button side. Plus, the ribbon going from bottom to top on the power button side was a little too long. Oh well. I tried.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    I've been looking at other models. There are several that look promising. I'll sell the M919 and look into getting a steal on one of the more compatible looking boards. The L720 from Sprint, the P717 from AT&T, and the I545 from Verizon look physically compatible. I'll have to look at the radio specs to see if the Sprint and Verizon will work on AT&T's network. And, yes, I know that they are both CDMA phones, but they do have the GSM radios built in. I just don't know if they are on the right bands. I'll let you know what I find.

Feedback Score
    After further research, I can't find any AT&T or T-Mobile logic boards that will connect up properly. Verizon and Sprint boards look like they have all of the connections, but their radios won't support AT&Ts LTE. So it looks like I'm out of luck.

Device(s)
    n80 nokia
    Carrier(s)
    chunghwa 3g
    Feedback Score
    It's not terrible to extract the logic board or main boards; do you know if the layouts are interchangeable?
    OSX till infinity..... anyone want to help
    with my 7610???

Feedback Score
    I was able to put a galaxy s4 AT&T SGH-i337 model motherboard in replace of a galaxy s4 SPH-L720 sprint motherboard. The original AT&T phones digitizer was cracked and it's charging port no longer worked properly. And the original sprint phones screen would only flash and flicker when powering up. I'm still not sure what's wrong with the sprint phones motherboard.... It just won't turn a screen on. The AT&T works fine with the sprint screen and charging port. Well I should say almost perfect... For some reason the battery is draining at an alarming rate and at random times. And it is getting fairly warm... And it's not getting that great of a signal....but otherwise with a few modifications to the frame.. It works... Now if I could only unlock it to work with sprint... I'd be soooo happy..,,