Thread: should i work at an authorized retailer?

Feedback Score

Question should i work at an authorized retailer?

I went to at&t corporate Monday, and didn't pass the interview, yesterday i went to at&t authorized retailer and got the job on the spot... on the other hand, they are not corporate, don't have benefits at the moment, and only pay $8 an hour, on the other hand i would get roughly around 25% of whatever product i sell, up front... So for example, if i sell an iphone to a customer I would get around $200, on the other hand commission based checks take up to 2 months to come in, so i'm not sure how well that'll work if i move out, and he told me that they cap how much i can make after $2500 (in a month), so should this job be worth it?

I walked down to the nearest Walmart and chatted with the associates down there and they told me they sell around 8-10 a day, but iirc they have cheaper prices on phones anyways....

I already have a job (at another Walmart) making $10 an hour, so if this job doesn't work out i can always fall back on that, and I haven't moved out yet, just wanted a second opinion.
    Last edited by slash800; 06-07-2014 at 08:23 PM.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slash800 View Post
    I went to at&t corporate Monday, and didn't pass the interview, yesterday i went to at&t authorized retailer and got the job on the spot... on the other hand, they are corporate, don't have benefits at the moment, and only pay $8 an hour, on the other hand i would get roughly around 25% of whatever product i sell, up front... So for example, if i sell an iphone to a customer I would get around $200, on the other hand commission based checks take up to 2 months to come in, so i'm not sure how well that'll work if i move out, and he told me that they cap how much i can make after $2500 (in a month), so should this job be worth it?

I walked down to the nearest Walmart and chatted with the associates down there and they told me they sell around 8-10 a day, but iirc they have cheaper prices on phones anyways....

I already have a job (at another Walmart) making $10 an hour, so if this job doesn't work out i can always fall back on that, and I haven't moved out yet, just wanted a second opinion.
    I'd make sure Walmart doesn't see you working at a wireless retailer as a conflict of interest since they too sell wireless phones, both prepaid and contract.

They may consider it against company policy. I'd double check on that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whitetigergrowl View Post
    I'd make sure Walmart doesn't see you working at a wireless retailer as a conflict of interest since they too sell wireless phones, both prepaid and contract.

They may consider it against company policy. I'd double check on that.
    yeah i'm pretty sure they'd be livid, but if i move to another department i don't think that'll be a problem