Thread: 60 days waiting period to do TOR after HUP?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

60 days waiting period to do TOR after HUP?

I just did a HUP and sign in for another 2 years. Now, I wanna do a TOR. But Fido said I would have to wait 60 days after HUP.

Is there ways around this? How strictly enforce is this? System enforced?

Feedback Score
    They are pretty strict about this. From what I remember, I don't believe it is system enforced but if a TOR is done outside of this policy it raises eyebrows in the loss prevention department. That alone is enough to ensure reps enforce this policy at all times.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin
    Feedback Score
    It's not system enforced, but if you continuously call until the point you get someone new that doesn't know what they're doing (and also doesn't have support willing to help them) there is a chance they'll do it not knowing it's against business rules. Chances are slim, and the more times you call the lower your odds due to excessive notes on the account.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UNLAPN View Post
    It's not system enforced, but if you continuously call until the point you get someone new that doesn't know what they're doing (and also doesn't have support willing to help them) there is a chance they'll do it not knowing it's against business rules. Chances are slim, and the more times you call the lower your odds due to excessive notes on the account.
    Does Fido system has some sort of indicator that notify the rep that I called too many times? How long do I have to wait to clear the excessive notes on the account?

DH is offline I've got more phones than fingers
    Feedback Score
    Unless things have changed over the past year or two, there is no indicator. Notes are indefinite but not always detailed. It depends on the representative. Usually each call is categorized before closing out of the account. So they will be coded out as a Transfer of Responsibility. Should a rep see multiple calls for the same reason they may or may not view each one. It really depends on the experience of the agent.

When I worked in Customer Care several years ago, we were required to search for and view the steps for each and every procedure even when we knew how to do it. For TOR one of the first steps was to check the tenure of the account. This is to prevent fraud and also ensure that the phone is paid for since it is billed to the account. There is no way around other then waiting or getting a newbie who doesn't care.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hohohong View Post
    Does Fido system has some sort of indicator that notify the rep that I called too many times? How long do I have to wait to clear the excessive notes on the account?
    Nope, no indicators. But for a TOR the rep has to verify permission is given based on the notes in the account and therefore your chances are lower with every call in (so long as reps do their jobs and leave a note that you were denied the TOR because it's within 60 days of HUP; or, that the rep does their job and even CHECKS that permission is given). Also, by default, our programs only load notes from the last 6 months with a maximum 40 notes. Buttons need to be clicked to go beyond either of those.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DH View Post
    Unless things have changed over the past year or two, there is no indicator. Notes are indefinite but not always detailed. It depends on the representative. Usually each call is categorized before closing out of the account. So they will be coded out as a Transfer of Responsibility. Should a rep see multiple calls for the same reason they may or may not view each one. It really depends on the experience of the agent.

When I worked in Customer Care several years ago, we were required to search for and view the steps for each and every procedure even when we knew how to do it. For TOR one of the first steps was to check the tenure of the account. This is to prevent fraud and also ensure that the phone is paid for since it is billed to the account. There is no way around other then waiting or getting a newbie who doesn't care.
    All TRC (I'm sure you can work out what that means) are the same for every interaction to wade out difference (of searching for such things) in handle time (not that the chosen AND mandatory "TRC" for every single call are of any benefit to anyone when it comes to mouse clicks/call and therefore handle time/call). Also, this company is made of 'newbie' reps. I'm not hating on you by any means, but I've been answering for this company for years and it's a clear downhill when it comes to customer service.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Thanks guys for all your replies. It's done! I luck out with a newbie I guess.

Now, what's done can't be undone even if the audit department found out later, right?
    Last edited by hohohong; 06-28-2014 at 03:07 PM.

DH is offline I've got more phones than fingers
    Feedback Score

Now, what's done can't be undone even if the audit department found out later, right?
    Nope. I've never heard of a TOR being reversed and I have a decade of experience in wireless.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score

No, it wouldn't be reversed unless the original owner of the line consented to it. That said, there are a couple potential issues which might arise. First, if you were promised any additional credits on top of the agreement credit, you might find you get pushback about having those applied. Another is the phone might not be accepted for return or exchange within the satisfaction guarantee. One final one is that the new account might get flagged for fraud, as the whole reason for the 60 day wait period is to limit fraudulent transactions. There may be others that I'm not thinking of offhand.