Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Coming Soon: Lycamobile Plus

Device(s)
    OnePlus 5, Nexus 5X , Jelly Pro
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM, FreedomPop, AT&T, Tracfone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I tried to renew a monthly plan today (after being on PAYGO for a few months) and the online discount is gone. When did that happen? I renewed my H2O instead :-P

Carrier(s)
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if the Lycamobile Plus plans with "LTE" are still throttled to hell!!! Or do the plans offer the same LTE speeds as T-Mobile. If not...nothing to see here!

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Lycamobile, Sprint, Tello, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    If all these plans are actually coming, then the $23, $35, $45 and $55 plans look to have a lot of hit potential. Lyca's primarily been known for paygo as their monthly plans have been unspectacular compared to other Tmobile mvnos. If this new lineup is in action, it indicates possibly what other Tmobile mvnos may get. Hopefully, Ptel , Ultra and the others will benefit too. The $45 plan is especially dangerous to Straight Talk in Tmobile dominated markets though Gosmart still has their $45/5 gig plan (albeit with hspa plus, not LTE).
    Decided to take one for the team and activated my spare lyca sim this am. The plans offered match the new set, starting at $23 and ending at $59. I have not taken the final plunge and topped up.

The minimum top up is $10 which seems to me to mean that until you pick a plan you are on paygo but there is no mention of it in the OLAM. When the second cup of coffee kicks in I may report back.

They didn't have a number in my area code, but I got an ok number in the same state at least lol.

Edit to add, I read the fine print and it still has the 90 day expiration language that the number and SIM will expire, but has $23 at the top of the little window, so that may be the default plan now. It specifically mentions LTE and says the top up is for additional features. Will try to cut and paste later.

My existing Lyca phone is still clicking along at 2 cents a minute, which is good.
    Last edited by Vertabrae; 07-12-2014 at 08:09 AM. Reason: clarification, typo

Carrier(s)
    Ting - R+ - Lyca - BYO - Selectel
    Feedback Score
    Just received a text from Lyca "Great News! The Lycamobile Plus plans have arrived. To get your Lycamobile Plus plan, swap your sim @ lycamobile.com or your local retailer."
    So are the SIMs different for Plus plans? I have several Lyca Sims sitting around, does that mean they are junk now?

Feedback Score
    Maybe the new SIM's are LTE enabled??? I'm wondering if the Lycamobile Plus plans (and specifically the $23 plan) have MMS?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pfoneguy View Post
    Just received a text from Lyca "Great News! The Lycamobile Plus plans have arrived. To get your Lycamobile Plus plan, swap your sim @ lycamobile.com or your local retailer."
    So are the SIMs different for Plus plans? I have several Lyca Sims sitting around, does that mean they are junk now?
    I got the same message too.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They have to be different. T-Mobile and Lycamobile use a different network code, that's why you need an unlocked phone to use Lycamobile sims.

The new Lycamobile sims are most likely sims that use the same network code as T-Mobile's - just like most other MVNOs - so locked T-Mobile phones will work with them.

The old sims will probably still work, but you won't get features from the new sims (MMS, LTE, ability to use T-Mobile locked phones, better number portability, etc).
    Carriers I've used: Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket, AT&T, Verizon, Page Plus, Virgin Mobile, Movistar, AT&T Mexico, Telcel, Straight Talk, RingPlus.
    Phones I've used: iPhone 6S, iPhone 5c, HTC One M9, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG G2, BlackBerry Storm, Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Volaris View Post
    They have to be different. T-Mobile and Lycamobile use a different network code, that's why you need an unlocked phone to use Lycamobile sims.

The new Lycamobile sims are most likely sims that use the same network code as T-Mobile's - just like most other MVNOs - so locked T-Mobile phones will work with them.

The old sims will probably still work, but you won't get features from the new sims (MMS, LTE, ability to use T-Mobile locked phones, better number portability, etc).
    Well, it seems there is only Lyca Plus, so I guess it is moot. Makes sense like you say about the code and also LTE?
    Maybe if we keep our original sims pay go stays @ 2c?
    Last edited by pfoneguy; 07-12-2014 at 01:13 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    C/S tells me that the old sim is good for only the old 29-39-49-59 plans and pay go. The New SIM is good for all plans and paygo.

Get this though, I was told you will no longer be able to access Data with PayGo and that is with either SIM. I called three times and all the Reps conferred with their Supervisors and they confirmed this.

At this time I am able to access data, as pathetic as it is, so this is still unclear or has not been implemented yet.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile, RingPlus, Tracfone BYOP
    Feedback Score
    C/S tells me that the old sim is good for only the old 29-39-49-59 plans and pay go. The New SIM is good for all plans and paygo.

Get this though, I was told you will no longer be able to access Data with PayGo and that is with either SIM. I called three times and all the Reps conferred with their Supervisors and they confirmed this.

At this time I am able to access data, as pathetic as it is, so this is still unclear or has not been implemented yet.

Oh wow!! That will irritate me, as I still have a balance. I'm going to give it a whirl to see.
    Self-professed gadget geek, serial phone-tryer-outer.
    iOS, Android, BB10, Windows...it's all good.

Currently?
    Main lines:
    Iphone SE x2, Samsung J7: TMO Select Market Family Match
    Iphone 5s Tracfone

How many active SIMs does one person need?

Carrier(s)
    TMobile, RingPlus, Tracfone BYOP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stessT View Post
    Oh wow!! That will irritate me, as I still have a balance. I'm going to give it a whirl to see.

I put the sim in and tried and I still have data, too. 4.26 down/.04 up. Lol

I wonder when they'll cut it off?

Device(s)
    5s/Mega 6.3/nokia 521
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    I just checked my lyca account- on the original PAYG 2c/min. I checked my recent calls and there are 2 listed from July 7th that I did not make. I haven't had this phone on for about a month. Oh... the charges for those 2 calls were $0. How could this happen? And could I use these call records to count 90 days to keep account active??
    Never be afraid to try, but always know where your back up is when you screw up!

It doesn't cost anything to be nice and say thank-you.

Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles Well we complained and they solved the problem.

Get this though, I was told you will no longer be able to access Data with PayGo and that is with either SIM.
    Well we complained about how they calculated data charges and they solved the problem.
    Same solution as roaming charges. No roaming: no roaming charges.

Device(s)
    LG Volt, LG clamshell,
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus,T-Mo prepaid,Truphone
    Feedback Score
    Like some of you, I have a supply of old Lyca SIM cards. In the interest of satisfying my curiosity, I just activated one of them. I initiated it online. It gave me a local number and the activation went amazingly fast. It is giving me the option of the monthly plans. I looked for a way to purchase PayGo airtime. If it can be done, I can't find it.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rfranzq View Post
    Well we complained about how they calculated data charges and they solved the problem.
    Same solution as roaming charges. No roaming: no roaming charges.
    So Lyca cuts off their nose to spite their face?

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast