Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Data Drops on LTE (Phone or Network?)

Device(s)
    Samsung A930
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by raptir View Post
    Hm, they are upgrading LTE in my area. In the last couple of months my speed has gone from ~20Mbps up to 40. I wonder if it's related.
    When it happened to me, it was mostly occurring after a drive. It was almost as if there was a problem during the tower handoff.

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ssavoy View Post
    I have the same problem, but it's a T-Mobile issue. I hear they are looking into it. It's not region-specific.
    Yes, Sievert said they were looking into the issue after somebody started a reddit discussion.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Yes, Sievert said they were looking into the issue after somebody started a reddit discussion.
    I forced my APN to IPv4 only and it's working. Maybe an IPv6 issue? I'll see if it happens again.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ssavoy View Post
    I forced my APN to IPv4 only and it's working. Maybe an IPv6 issue? I'll see if it happens again.
    I've tried this before, but the problem came back after a day.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've had an issue on my nexus 5 where I'll have full bars and it'll drop out and say no service out of nowhere. Then it'll come back 5-10 seconds later.

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The issue came again for the 7th time today (no joke), this is unfortunately isolated to the tower that covers my work. I opened CellID Collector and logged the site having the problem. I let it sit there for a few minutes until it locked on to another cell site and data began flowing again. Every time it reconnects to the bad site I don't get data traffic sporadically. It's probably some weird handoff issue. My market has been half-refarmed since Feb 2013 so maintenance and tweaking lasts forever.

Device(s)
    Touch Pro II
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (USA)
    Feedback Score
    This happens to me on my Note 3. It's a bug in Android 4.4.2:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2714165

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thehothit View Post
    This happens to me on my Note 3. It's a bug in Android 4.4.2:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2714165
    Hmm, I thought people with iPhones were having these problems as well. It still happens to me on a single cell site. I logged it again several times today, every time my data stopped working I opened Cell ID Collector and it was the same cell site every time. I don't have the issue anywhere else.

Maybe it's some bug that's only triggered on very specific occurrences. I tried AT&T for a month and never had the problem. I still tend to think it's the network, but we'll see. I have a ticket open with T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    Touch Pro II
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (USA)
    Feedback Score
    It happens frequently on my Note 3. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for it. It's exceedingly annoying.

When I had an S4, it worked perfectly until I upgraded it to KitKat - it then behaved exactly the same way as my Note 3 does now - data drops left, right and center.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlanigan View Post
    If that's really the case, then I guess I'll deal with it until it's fixed. In the meantime, I just found an app in the Play Store called "Connection Stabilizer". It supposedly helps with this type of problem and works well, according to reviews. It will probably impact battery life, but it's worth a shot.
    After running the "Connection Stabilizer" app for 48 hours, I'm able to use LTE much more reliably. It pings every few seconds to verify data can be sent and received, then will automatically (and quickly) reset my connection if there's a timeout. There is a slight hit on battery life, but it's not bad. I've been web-browsing, streaming videos, and using Pandora all throughout yesterday and this morning without disruption.

As you can see, it's already caught some data interruptions and reset the connection. This might work for some of you Android users experiencing data drops. I will report back after a week.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile, Boost Mobile(former)
    Feedback Score
    I've noticed this as well with the Nexus 5 and T-Mobile. It also seems to be tower specific meaning it happens on only some towers serving LTE. Not sure what the cause is but it is annoying when the issue pops up.
    Former Boost Mobile Subscriber (2001-2013)
    Current T-Mobile Subscriber

Feedback Score
    It only happens to me while driving it eventually fixes itself

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punishedsnake View Post
    It only happens to me while driving it eventually fixes itself

via the HoFo App
    Probably tower-specific then. I'd suggest seeing if it happens in the same spot every time.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've been noticing this same problem on both my iPhone 5S and LG F6. I didn't have this problem before - it's annoying. Forcing my phone to HSPA+ gets rid of the problem so I know it's only on LTE.
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 12 Pro eSIM; Pixel 2 XL
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 12 Pro dual-SIM [AT&T] & iPhone XS [Verizon]
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z917 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10)

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The only thing I can suggest is downloading an app that tells you the tower you're connected to and reporting that to T-Mobile when you have the problem. Try to do this on two phones because if you just try it on one the engineers will close the ticket and tell you to get a new SIM card.

The only thing that lights a fire under them is going back and testing the issue on multiple devices on the same cell site and reporting it again. That's what I had to do.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast