Page 67 of 91 FirstFirst ... 17 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1358

Thread: HARBOR MOBILE - New T-Mobile MVNO?

  1. #991
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    On an Island...
    Posts
    5,879
    Device(s)
    iPhone8, Galaxy_S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin_Mobile, Total_Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    Is that a joke or are you trolling?

    Metro has been a wholly-owned subsidiary of T-Mobile for some time now.

    And Verizon is the worst perpetrator of this - crippling data performance of its MVNOs.
    Yuuuuuup.

    Metro is one of the best thing to happen to prepaid, it's just too easy to upset all their fanbois, and yes VZW does no favors to their mvno's, with the exception being Carlos' companies. Mr. Slim seems to get exceptional rates which he then passes on to his Trac companies subscribers.... If only they would improve on the Customer Service side of the biz, they would be worthy competitors.
    PREPAID means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...


    Virgin Mobile: $50 / $10 | Total Wireless: $25

  2. #992
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Patriots Nation & St Petersburg FL
    Posts
    9,536
    Device(s)
    LG G6, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    Guarantee they won't be as good value as what they could offer under t mobile
    Guarantee you will be able to use your device in more places than on T-Mobile.


    Sent from an iPad via the HoFo App

  3. #993
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    13,768
    Feedback Score
    0
    E
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    Guarantee you will be able to use your device in more places than on T-Mobile.


    Sent from an iPad via the HoFo App
    Yes it is objectively true that AT&T and Verizon both offer much better geographic coverage compared to T Mobile. That is why T Mobile and harbor in the past have had to offers significantly lower pricing to those customers that don't need that extra- rural coverage. AT&T is able to get much higher rates and therefore it's MVNO's are forced to be more expensive. With some rare and mostly slim companies as notable exceptions.

    I never claimed otherwise. Sorry, what was your point again?

  4. #994
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    20
    Feedback Score
    0
    The real reason for why T-Mobile has lower prices is that they have significantly smaller market share and are playing catch up. While there surely also is a correlation between that and their coverage areas, I'd think the smaller customer base is the primary reason for their competitive pricing.

    Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

  5. #995
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    13,768
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cannondale0815 View Post
    The real reason for why T-Mobile has lower prices is that they have significantly smaller market share and are playing catch up. While there surely also is a correlation between that and their coverage areas, I'd think the smaller customer base is the primary reason for their competitive pricing.

    Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
    Same result, AT&T and Verizon charge more because they can, T Mobile and Sprint charge less because they have to.

  6. #996
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    573
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cannondale0815 View Post
    I'd think the smaller customer base is the primary reason for their competitive pricing.
    You'd think Verizon and AT&T had economy of scale over T-Mobile.

  7. #997
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    13,768
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by randian View Post
    You'd think Verizon and AT&T had economy of scale over T-Mobile.
    Yes of course they do, once their infrastructure build out has been amortized their cost per unit are a fraction of the smaller players'. But rather than competing on price which would be stupid, they just take higher profits, probably 10 times what T Mobile is making, and an infinity times Sprint's.

  8. #998
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,010
    Device(s)
    BM iPhone 5S (Carrier Unlocked), Samsung Galaxy Prevail
    Carrier(s)
    netTTALK, Harbor Mobile (T), Boost Mobile, at&t, Cingular, T-Mobile, Voicestream, Sprint, Omnipoint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Can we go back to discussing HM? This thread is going way off topic.


    via the HoFo App

  9. #999
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    49
    Feedback Score
    0
    New Harbor Mobile Facebook post:

    SERVICE UPDATE: As you can see we are going through some changes. Harbor is built on transparency and our relationships with our customer. That being said we need to get you all up to speed with what is going on internally.
    Good news: We are transitioning to become an AT&T Platinum Reseller!!
    So so news: We are no longer signing on new T-Mobile lines.
    EXCELLENT NEWS: and all our current customers that signed on with us and T-Mobile will continue to receive the customer service they have come to expect from our all star Harbor Mobile team.
    Please don't hesitate to reach out with questions, concerns or comments -- through facebook, instagram, twitter, google+, website, email or phone! Our team is here to help.

  10. #1000
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    49
    Feedback Score
    0
    So - it doesn't actually say that us current customers on T-Mobile will be able to continue with their current plans.
    But only to to continue to receive the customer service they have come to expect from our all star Harbor Mobile team???

    I hope that's not what they meant...

  11. #1001
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    573
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gdenton61 View Post
    We are transitioning to become an AT&T Platinum Reseller!!
    Meaning what? Never heard of the program.

  12. #1002
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    84
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by randian View Post
    Meaning what? Never heard of the program.
    It's one of the first Google search results.

  13. #1003
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    116
    Feedback Score
    0
    So will existing customers be allowed to stay with tmobile?

  14. #1004
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    84
    Feedback Score
    0
    Article on Prepaid Phone News about the Harbor Mobile changeover: http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2015...makes.html?m=1

  15. #1005
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,576
    Feedback Score
    0
    The question is whether they have been fully candid with AT&T about the nature of their business and how they plan on operating.

    If not, AT&T has a history of cutting off resellers who are not following their rules in short order - a lot faster than TMobile.

Page 67 of 91 FirstFirst ... 17 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New T-Mobile MVNO? Univision Mobile
    By @TheRealDanny in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-17-2014, 11:25 AM
  2. New T-Mobile MVNO: Solavei™ / Unlimited Talk+Text+Data for $49
    By @TheRealDanny in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 190
    Last Post: 10-30-2012, 08:57 AM
  3. New Sun Mobile USA thread Verizon / gsm unlimited mvno
    By fonezfonz in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-19-2009, 06:37 AM
  4. Bell Mobility new plan?
    By AzNsEnsAtIOn in forum Bell Mobility
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-06-2001, 12:13 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks