Page 58 of 91 FirstFirst ... 8 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast

Thread: HARBOR MOBILE - New T-Mobile MVNO?

Feedback Score
    I got the same letter too. But always look at the bright side. Unlimited International roaming to 120+ for text and 128kbps data is still free.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoydude24 View Post
    I got the same letter too. But always look at the bright side. Unlimited International roaming to 120+ for text and 128kbps data is still free.
    But it's a pain to enable. You have to contact their support, place a $25 deposit, and then once your trip is done you have to contact them again to request a refund.

I was hoping the North America option would become standard on Harbor Mobile so that it would just work without having to make contact multiple times for every trip.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rickhuizinga View Post
    I was hoping the North America option would become standard on Harbor Mobile so that it would just work without having to make contact multiple times for every trip.
    This would have been really nice for sure!

Feedback Score
    I think they will revamp the plan by next week. Old subscribers will be grandfathered with no Canada Mexico roaming. While the new plan with Canada and Mexico plan will be greater than 30 a month. That brings more profit to Harbor.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zeen View Post
    i wonder why they decided not to offer this? it was a free service offered by tmobile, so in theory should not have cost harbor mobile anything to implement ?
    Well, on large scale business plan it does cost $1/line/mo. second, they probably chose to stay "grandfathered" in their large-scale enterprise plan, which may be cheaper per line on average than large scale T-mobile offering coming into effect Thu. Also - North American option is one more product offering they need to manage, people will be switching between for trips, etc, which requires more CSR time to handle. So I guess they kept their offering to fit majority of their American customers, without them eating into their margins. Which makes sense.

If you travel internationally extensively, there are better offerings for that like Truphone business plans, which even don't have "excessive roaming" clauses.

Feedback Score
    ^ thanks for the info.

Feedback Score
    Hi,
    How do I find the account # and pin? I'm planning on moving to another carrier from HM?
    Sorry if it's been discussed already and I missed it.
    Thanks in advance,
    AK

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular GSM
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by collegea View Post
    I got that email too. But it didn't say the plans will remain the same. Only that calling to Mexico and Canada won't be free.
    Well I assume current subscribers plans wouldn't change otherwise they would mention it in the email. No idea about new ones.
    -Ben

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sinus007 View Post
    How do I find the account # and pin? I'm planning on moving to another carrier from HM?
    Get the Harbor Mobile account number from their CS; also ask for the PIN, but if they don't give that out, try using your VM pin.

Device(s)
    Moto G7, Moto G7 Play, Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint KickStart, AT&T unlimited Data
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    Get the Harbor Mobile account number from their CS; also ask for the PIN, but if they don't give that out, try using your VM pin.
    Harbor specifies quite clearly on its web site what to do in order to port out. All the OP has to do is follow instructions and he will have no problems. And I am speaking from experience since I ported my number from HM to RingTo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by collegea View Post
    Harbor specifies quite clearly on its web site what to do in order to port out. All the OP has to do is follow instructions and he will have no problems. And I am speaking from experience since I ported my number from HM to RingTo.
    Well they must be wording things oddly or using the robots.txt protocol to hide the page from Google

https://www.google.com/search?q=pin+...rbormobile.com

Link please?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Well they must be wording things oddly or using the robots.txt protocol to hide the page from Google

https://www.google.com/search?q=pin+...rbormobile.com

Link please?
    It's under the Frequently asked Questions/Porting:

https://www.harbormobile.com/faq/

Feedback Score
    Send an email to [email protected] with your request to port out. Please be sure to include your name, billing zip, number your would like to port out, and the carrier that you are porting out to. Please note that your line must be active and paid up to port out. Lines take 48 hours to be released before porting out.

If you are looking to move over to your own account on T-Mobile, then please request a change of responsibility in your email to support.

Do NOT try porting out your number before we have supplied you with your account number and PIN and ensured that your line has been released, as we will be unable to release your line. If you have submitted a port out request with your other carrier before being ensured that your line is released, then you must have the carrier cancel the port out request before we release your line.
    Note that whole "we must release your line" malarkey is false and illegal.

But why not help them out with their business processes, they're one of the good guys. . .

Feedback Score
    Wow. What a display of know nothings claiming that they do. Day after day. Predictions based on................nothing. Bemoaning HM doing this or not doing that. Hello! Like every other carrier does and doesn't do things, you know? It's THEIR business, not yours.

How many of you crying about HM not going the free Mexico and Canada calls actually spend time there? Huh? Even being charged for the calls and the drill you have to go through is NOTHING like what I used to have to do in Mexico ten years ago. Oh, wait! Wifi Calling! At least there's that.

Definitely time to unsubscribe. This thread has devolved into a circle jerk of the same questions being asked, some people not even using HM, and a lot of nattering without knowing.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Note that whole "we must release your line" malarkey is false and illegal.

But why not help them out with their business processes, they're one of the good guys. . .
    This topic has been discussed ad nauseam on both HM threads. Those who didn't like HM owning their phone number ported out to GV or RingTo or just ported out to another carrier.

HM is a very small operation that sometimes takes a few days to activate a line, give a credit or port a number out. But there have been no reports of a number being lost in the port process. For faster service, one can use the big 4.

There is nothing that you can bring up here that we haven't already scrutinized to death.

Those who have activated a line and been with HM for a while have read the FAQ and know all about the porting process.

HM is popular because the price is right, CS is responsive and the T-Mobile Network has improved dramatically over the past year.

New revamped plans tomorrow should be interesting. But with old plans being kept intact for those who have them, tomorrow may bring a big yawn.

Page 58 of 91 FirstFirst ... 8 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast