Page 77 of 91 FirstFirst ... 27 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1358

Thread: HARBOR MOBILE - New T-Mobile MVNO?

Device(s)
    Pixel 4 XL
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellyon View Post
    Harbor is now a AT&T dealer!
    If that were true, wouldn't their site reflect this. It still says the site is down for maintenance (for several weeks).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by compuguy View Post
    If that were true, wouldn't their site reflect this. It still says the site is down for maintenance (for several weeks).
    You are getting breaking news here on howardforums, go back and read the thread. It is a small operation, getting the website updated probably will happen as part of their official public rollout, but can't be the top priority compared to getting their infrastructure in place and staff up to speed on the new offerings.

Or of course it is possible the whole operation will disappear before lunchtime, such is the reality in this fast changing segment of the industry

Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Pixel 4 XL
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    You are getting breaking news here on howardforums, go back and read the thread. It is a small operation, getting the website updated probably will happen as part of their official public rollout, but can't be the top priority compared to getting their infrastructure in place and staff up to speed on the new offerings.

Or of course it is possible the whole operation will disappear before lunchtime, such is the reality in this fast changing segment of the industry
    Not really...they've been saying this since the middle of August......

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AnciusD View Post
    This is dated Aug 20.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by david0858 View Post
    This is dated Aug 20.
    Don't worry as soon as any substantial changes come out Dennis will update it he's real good about that

Feedback Score
    Well, what a surprise! Yesterday I go to the HM page to look at some plan options, and there's this HM 2.0 ATT crap! I sent an inquiry and was given their current TMO pricings, same as before, but said they weren't signing up new customers.

So I came back here and I guess I'm late to the party!

I signed up with HM in early December and have had zero issues with them, so I've had no reason to go to their page or ask for support. But this jumping the TMO ship sounds kind of skittish and makes me a bit nervous. Without going back and reading all of the postings on this topic (I've read some), I'm guessing HM is in good standing as a business reseller and paying the bills, but maybe either TM got tired of the bogus businesses, or ATT is giving them a heck of a deal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by actinic View Post
    No domestic DATA roaming I believe. Talk & text yes which I infer from their front page.
    So, when your GPS seeks map or routing data, nada?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pzo View Post
    So, when your GPS seeks map or routing data, nada?
    Regardless of carrier, there are places where there will be a gap in coverage. If GPS is critical, its advisable to have an app that uses offline maps.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by afblangley View Post
    Regardless of carrier, there are places where there will be a gap in coverage. If GPS is critical, its advisable to have an app that uses offline maps.
    Which is one of the great things about HERE maps on my Windows Phone. Never a gap. My brother has experienced gaps near Tampa on his T-Metro, as we call it, service near Tampa, FL. Couldn't rapidly download the next map segment needed.

Even with maps all in the phone data is needed for route planning, whether via wifi or over-the-air type. One disadvantage of a phone GPS compared to a dedicated car unit. Just when you need it because you have driven past that barn three times now, no signal, no escape!

Feedback Score
    Even with maps all in the phone data is needed for route planning, whether via wifi or over-the-air type. One disadvantage of a phone GPS compared to a dedicated car unit.
    I use Sygic, which requires no data connection at all. So long as there is GPS signal, it works. Tablets make a great infotainment system, and they've now reached a low enough price point that they can be dedicated units. Combined with an OBD2 connector, it's a headunit that rivals Tesla's.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Which is one of the great things about HERE maps on my Windows Phone. Never a gap. My brother has experienced gaps near Tampa on his T-Metro, as we call it, service near Tampa, FL. Couldn't rapidly download the next map segment needed.

Even with maps all in the phone data is needed for route planning, whether via wifi or over-the-air type. One disadvantage of a phone GPS compared to a dedicated car unit. Just when you need it because you have driven past that barn three times now, no signal, no escape!
    I don't know about the Windows Phone version, but HERE on Android does not require data for routing. Provided you have downloaded the maps for the states or countries you will be traversing, even with the phone in Airplane Mode it can search for and find an address, calculate a route and provide spoken and visual turn by turn directions. It's free too.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Looks like the new Harbor plans will not include the additional taxes and fees, which will be added to the listed rates.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    I don't know about the Windows Phone version, but HERE on Android does not require data for routing. Provided you have downloaded the maps for the states or countries you will be traversing, even with the phone in Airplane Mode it can search for and find an address, calculate a route and provide spoken and visual turn by turn directions. It's free too.
    Well, that's a bummer. For me. I just tried again with my 810 WP with no data plan, turned off the wifi. Yup, no routing. My 925 is no different. Yes, I have the maps for my state and others downloaded. I feel jilted, ha ha, since HERE was a Nokia product and Nokia was totally committed to WP for those several years. And now some Android hussy comes along.............

What model android are you using?

Being new in Austin and needing GPS for almost everything, I thought about buying a dedicated car unit. What I found was that you have to go pretty high end to equal the features in my WP plus HERE! Things like lane advice, speed limit database, but mostly voice commands. "Drive to XXXX." Or, Cortana (WP's Siri) "Where is the nearest Walgreens?" Poof.

i decided to save $150 and just use my phone(s). Nothing to do with HM, I guess, but it's not like I'm the first to wander!

Page 77 of 91 FirstFirst ... 27 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 LastLast