Page 78 of 91 FirstFirst ... 28 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1358

Thread: HARBOR MOBILE - New T-Mobile MVNO?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gwite View Post
    Looks like the new Harbor plans will not include the additional taxes and fees, which will be added to the listed rates.
    And this is news how?

Very few carriers include taxes and fees in their pricing. One of the draws of MetroPCS, what they say is what you pay.

Feedback Score
    Same with Selectel. Listed price is what you pay.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gwite View Post
    Looks like the new Harbor plans will not include the additional taxes and fees, which will be added to the listed rates.
    And this is news how?

Very few carriers include taxes and fees in their pricing. One of the draws of MetroPCS, what they say is what you pay.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pzo View Post
    Being new in Austin and needing GPS for almost everything, I thought about buying a dedicated car unit. What I found was that you have to go pretty high end to equal the features in my WP plus HERE!
    Absolutely not worth it. But you may want to buy a cheap Android tablet and put it in a $10 data plan. Voila, 7" GPS unit!

Feedback Score
    Thanks for that Sygic suggestion! They actually have a WP version, how about that. Downloaded it and set off to a destination I'd not been before. Wow, it makes Drive look like a kid compared to an adult. Better graphics, better lane advice, speed reduction notices, three route options for every inquiry, the ability to enter latitude and longitude, etc., etc. The search seems a bit clunkier and less sure of itself than NavTeq/Drive, and it lacks the oh-so-easy Metro look for functions, but I'm literally sold. Quite happy to buy a "high end self contained GPS" for $25, which I did.

I also came up with a simple trick to get data and Cortana to work on the data-less phone. A real palm to the head moment. I turn on Internet Sharing on my 925 phone with the HM voice-text-data plan, connect the data-less 810, and voila! Works perfectly.

Compared to having a big unit where it won't block my vision, I like the smaller phone size but up close at the edge of the dashboard, way out of the line of sight. And unlike the big ones mounted to the windshield, I easily slip mine out of the holder and do whatever I need to do in my hand.

It's a lot different from when I started with an ancient Garmin in 2000!

Feedback Score
    Any existing Harbor Mobile customer experiences outage? My phone this morning can no longer connect to the T-mobile Network, and when trying to connect manually, it shows "No service Selected Network (T-Mobile) unavailable". This is at my work where other regular T-mobile users have no problem connecting, so it is not the signal issue. When I called my number using another phone, I got "Subscriber Not in Service error code CA11956". My Harbor Mobile account is current and has no balance due. I am in Sunnyvale, CA. Harbor Mobile number has no one answered, and online chat is offline. Maybe Harbor got cut off by T-mobile?

Device(s)
    BM iPhone 5S (Carrier Unlocked), Samsung Galaxy Prevail
    Carrier(s)
    netTTALK, Harbor Mobile (T), Boost Mobile, at&t, Cingular, T-Mobile, Voicestream, Sprint, Omnipoint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by acefr View Post
    Any existing Harbor Mobile customer experiences outage? My phone this morning can no longer connect to the T-mobile Network, and when trying to connect manually, it shows "No service Selected Network (T-Mobile) unavailable". This is at my work where other regular T-mobile users have no problem connecting, so it is not the signal issue. When I called my number using another phone, I got "Subscriber Not in Service error code CA11956". My Harbor Mobile account is current and has no balance due. I am in Sunnyvale, CA. Harbor Mobile number has no one answered, and online chat is offline. Maybe Harbor got cut off by T-mobile?
    Everything works fine for me in NYC market. I am on the $30+$3fee= $33 a month t-mobile plan through Harbor Mobile.

Device(s)
    OnePlus One, Sony Xperia Z Ultra, Nexus 7 (2013)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I just checked and it is working fine in the greater Los Angeles area.

Sony Xperia Z Ultra (C6806 - Black) - TWRP 2.7.1.0 - SlimKat 4.4.4
    OnePlus One (64GB - Sandstone Black) - TWRP 2.8.1.0 - Dirty Unicorns 6.0.1
    Nexus 7 (2013) (32GB - WiFi) - TWRP 2.8.1.0 - SlimKat 4.4.4 by DJLamontagneIII
    Nexus 9 (32GB - WiFi) - TWRP 2.8.7.1 - Dirty Unicorns 6.0.1

Feedback Score
    Mine still working too.

Feedback Score
    The thing is, was it temporary or are you still w/o service?

No issues in the Austin TX area yesterday.

The cellular business and technologies are so complex something like this may never have a known reason.

Feedback Score
    RE: Car Navigation systems.

The thing about car systems is they can recalculate the route quickly even without data, usually within 100ft of missing a turn, my route is already recalculated. Also with tickets for touching phone while driving, it's a nice option. I do agree, they are way over priced when coming from the car dealer.

I just bought Scion XB a few months back with a stock touch screen radio. I added the plug and play nav unit for less than $200 by buying it off ebay from a junkyard. Granted, I had to buy the headunit and Nav for $330 and then sell the headunit again. Mine came from a 2015 FRS so it has recent map data. I even tried the Toyota Entune Nav in it and it works fine. I like the Entune Nav and Voice search better but the scion one as ba better streaming package. If you have a Toyota car that has Entune available, you can add the nav unit relatively cheap, most cars use the same nav module so it does not matter where it came from. The only thing additional thing I needed was a $15 Toyota gps antenna also from ebay. In my XB, taking out the headunit to add the Nav is 10 minutes. Pull out the bezel, pull out the lower bezel and 4 10mm bolts holding the radio. Do some research in forums before buying, my scion had everything preplumbed. Not sure if all lower end Toyota come as completely prewired.

I prefer using my in dash unit over the phone's navigation, mainly cause its always there, never needs a charge or cable and is convenient. If I wouldn't have found out I could get the factory nav so cheap, I'ld be using my phone too.

FYI,

The Scion Nav does not work with Windows Phone but Toyota's Entune Nav module does. You will need to setup a DUN connection in the Blutooth settings and you need tethered data availble on your phone. The Phone is used for streaming, getting weather and traffic, not for mapping data.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint since 1999
    Feedback Score
    Same here I have "No Service" since I woke up this morning around 6AM. Monterey, CA

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthroat View Post
    Same here I have "No Service" since I woke up this morning around 6AM. Monterey, CA
    I'm up on harbor in NY no service issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    BM iPhone 5S (Carrier Unlocked), Samsung Galaxy Prevail
    Carrier(s)
    netTTALK, Harbor Mobile (T), Boost Mobile, at&t, Cingular, T-Mobile, Voicestream, Sprint, Omnipoint
    Feedback Score

HARBOR MOBILE - New T-Mobile MVNO?

I wonder if the OP is also in Montery, CA if so it might just be a network outage in T-Mobile possibly.

EDit: just noticed they are in Cali. But different city. Maybe it's close by and an outage not sure.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Data plans only, no problems here (NoVA). A couple weeks ago I had an extended outage (8hrs, a first). HM routed me to TMobile tech support and put in a service check and voila/viola service was back. So , presumably a local tower issue.

Page 78 of 91 FirstFirst ... 28 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 LastLast