Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: First day using H2o wireless was not too good

Feedback Score
    You can also remove the notification online using the "my account"

Feedback Score
    thanks for the feedback. I am near detroit, and just check coverage online, and it looks solid for voice and all data speeds. I like that the h2o cards are available at many large retailers too. Just make the company seem more mainstream. I may give h2o a try.

Feedback Score
    thanks for the feedback. I am near detroit, and just check coverage online, and it looks solid for voice and all data speeds. I like that the h2o cards are available at many large retailers too. Just make the company seem more mainstream. I may give h2o a try.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mnalep View Post
    I am thinking about activating h2o. (My PTEl carrier is going out of business, so I need an new PAYGO provider.)

I was looking to get 1 year of paygo (for $100) - so i really would not want 'balance notifications' after every msg or call. That would be not only annoying, but if they charge you for notifications - pricey too!

Can someone confirm that h2o can turn those notifications off?

Can someone here give good reference for h2o?

I am also considering TING (as suggested by PTEL). I don't see any forum here for TING, or advice.
    Re Ting, if you can live with the $6/month line fee, and if you don't use much data, Ting might be a good choice. Their CS is still pretty good. You can use Sprint or T-Mobile (but not both on the same phone). Not sure if this makes sense, coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

Carrier(s)
    Black Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I wouldn't trust the coverage maps. I live a dead zone for all the companies and they all claim to have my area covered very well. Ask some friends to come over and ask them who they use and how the reception is in your home. H2O uses AT&T. Oh, and all the flip and bone phones I have used beat all the smart phones I have used when it comes to reception.

Feedback Score
    One option that has not been mentioned is Airvoice. They are on the ATT network. The paygo option is a little expensive but the 10-250 plan is a very good option. It is $10 per month with 2 cent texts and 4 cent minutes. If you approach 250 minutes per month or 500 texts, it is the best value.

Feedback Score
    It is quite mainstream. They have done a lot of changes at the core to be one of the best MVNOs in the market.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vey9 View Post
    I wouldn't trust the coverage maps.
    This. T-Mobile's coverage map has my home in a solid 4G area. In reality, I can barely get 2G at the back of my house. H2O Wireless sims are $0.01 on Amazon. The best way to check coverage is to buy a sim card, put $10 onto it and try it out in all the locations you're going to use it regularly.

Feedback Score
    That's actually what I tell customers to do. Its the cheapest option.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tacitust View Post
    This. T-Mobile's coverage map has my home in a solid 4G area. In reality, I can barely get 2G at the back of my house. H2O Wireless sims are $0.01 on Amazon. The best way to check coverage is to buy a sim card, put $10 onto it and try it out in all the locations you're going to use it regularly.
    I looked into the Amazon card. it is .01, but $6.04 with shipping.

I saw best buy running a sale for $2.99 with free in store pickup, but it is on clearance, and the picture does not show that it is "4G LTE"? Best Buy also has 2 other SIMS for h20, both listed as '4G LTE" - one for "MONTHLY UNLIMITED", and one for 'PAY AS YOU GO".

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpa...=960&keys=keys

It make me wonder if the $2.99 sim is not 4G LTE capable?

I also wonder if you need to buy the PAY *** YOU GO sim if you are not wanting an unlimited monthly plan?

Feedback Score
    I looked into the Amazon card. it is .01, but $6.04 with shipping.
    You may want to check again. There's at least two sellers who sell H2O sims on Amazon for a penny with free shipping. (Not sure if it's against forum rules to name the sellers or provide links, so I'll err on the side of caution). I picked one up myself last week because I had to port out of PTel.

Carrier(s)
    Black Wireless
    Feedback Score
    There are h2o sims for sale on ebay. 99 cents and free shipping.
    That's where I got my last one and yes, it was 4g.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beagleinspace View Post
    You may want to check again. There's at least two sellers who sell H2O sims on Amazon for a penny with free shipping. (Not sure if it's against forum rules to name the sellers or provide links, so I'll err on the side of caution). I picked one up myself last week because I had to port out of PTel.
    You're right. I found this one
    http://www.amazon.com/H2O-SIM-Card-W...O+Wireless+SIM

but it does not indicate if it is for pay as you go, or unlimited. Also sort of worries me that it says it is a DISCONTINUED card! What does that affect, if anything?

Feedback Score
    I recall the h2o rep saying to buy the current one from their website for $9.99.

I was surprised to see that Best Buy had 2 versions - 1 for Pay as you go, and 1 for unlimited monthly service. Are these 'hard coded' into the SIM such that if i want PAY AS YOU GO, I cannot buy the unlimited monthly plan SIM card?

The EBAY sim cards do not seem to make the distinction, like the card at Best Buy did, between selling a sim for papygo and selling a different sim for unlimited plans. Iis their a reason to be concerned if buying the EBAY sim cards? If their are unique cards, and I buy a unlimited card, perhaps I cannot use it for the pay as I go plan?
    Last edited by mnalep; 02-03-2016 at 01:22 PM.

Feedback Score
    I bought the $.99 card from ebay and it activated yesterday with no problem.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast