Thread: Red Pocket GSMT(T-Mobile)Discussion

Carrier(s)
    Ting - R+ - Lyca - BYO - Selectel
    Feedback Score

Red Pocket GSMT(T-Mobile)Discussion

Red Pocket rolls out new Website with plan changes. LINK

For GSMT:

UNLIMITED EVERYTHING - 3GB

$59.99 Unlimited EVERYTHING - 30 Day Refill UNLIMITED Talk UNLIMITED Text UNLIMITED Picture & Video Messaging (MMS) UNLIMITED Mobile Web [email protected] Speeds Up to 200 Minutes FREE International Long Distance (depending on destination)

$59.99/ 30 days

UNLIMITED EVERYTHING - 1GB

$49.99 Unlimited EVERYTHING - 30 Day Refill UNLIMITED Talk UNLIMITED Text UNLIMITED Picture & Video Messaging (MMS) UNLIMITED Mobile Web [email protected] Speeds Up to 200 Minutes FREE International Long Distance (depending on destination)

$49.99/ 30 days

UNLIMITED EVERYTHING - 500MB

$39.99 Unlimited EVERYTHING - 30 Day Refill UNLIMITED Talk UNLIMITED Text UNLIMITED Picture & Video Messaging (MMS) UNLIMITED Mobile Web [email protected] Speeds Up to 200 Minutes FREE International Long Distance (depending on destination)

$39.99/ 30 days

WEB & TEXTER

$34.99 Web & Texter - 30 Day Refill 300MINS Talk UNLIMITED Text UNLIMITED Picture & Video Messaging (MMS) UNLIMITED Mobile Web [email protected] Speeds

$34.99/ 30 days

UNLIMITED TALK & TEXT - BASIC

$24.99 Unlimited EVERYTHING - 30 Day Refill UNLIMITED Talk UNLIMITED Text UNLIMITED Picture & Video Messaging (MMS)

$24.99/ 30 days

STARTER PLAN

$19.99 - 30 Day Refill 300MINS Talk UNLIMITED Text UNLIMITED Picture & Video Messaging (MMS) UNLIMITED Mobile Web @ reduced speeds

$19.99/ 30 days

Red Pocket GSMT works with T-Mobile phones and unlocked GSM phones. 4G LTE data is available on phones that support LTE band 4 except for iPhones

Portion borrowed from prepaidphonenews
    Last edited by pfoneguy; 08-07-2014 at 04:40 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My iPhone 5 won't be able to use LTE?

via the iPhone HoFo App

Device(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    That $19 plan for GSMT, "regular speeds" is EDGE? Or HSPA+

via the iPhone HoFo App

Feedback Score
    "regular speeds" is 128Kbps - I believe it's throttled 3G.

Feedback Score
    Regular speed on the GSMT $19.99 was 64kbps for me. Phone connects to HSPA+ but it's throttled.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    This was discussed somewhere on HoFo in June or July, if somebody feels like searching for the thread. I and others had a lot of contact with Red Pocket trying to get some questions answered, which I think most were pretty well answered. I don't know if it was a separate thread, so it's good to have one, but there was some good info in that discussion.

Carrier(s)
    Redpocket Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Unless they increased the data speed, the older $20 plan was better since it was unlimited everything instead of just 300 mins.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blcistheking View Post
    Unless they increased the data speed, the older $20 plan was better since it was unlimited everything instead of just 300 mins.
    Very true!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blcistheking View Post
    I don't believe they've ever offered a Tmobile plan with unlimited everything for $20. The only one they've had has always had 300 minutes/unlimited texts/unlimited data.

Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    This was discussed somewhere on HoFo in June or July, if somebody feels like searching for the thread. I and others had a lot of contact with Red Pocket trying to get some questions answered, which I think most were pretty well answered. I don't know if it was a separate thread, so it's good to have one, but there was some good info in that discussion.
    I purchased the Tmo $20 plan last month and tried it in several devices. 64kbps consistent data rate.

Carrier(s)
    Redpocket Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade00 View Post
    I don't believe they've ever offered a Tmobile plan with unlimited everything for $20. The only one they've had has always had 300 minutes/unlimited texts/unlimited data.

I purchased the Tmo $20 plan last month and tried it in several devices. 64kbps consistent data rate.
    really? I could of swore it was unlimited talk and text with unlimited reduced speed for $20?
    Well either way I hope they offer better speed than 64kbps speed now that they have LTE.

Feedback Score

Holy cow, that seems pretty unusable

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yomuppet View Post
    Holy cow, that seems pretty unusable
    Yeah, it's pretty bad. Emails are fine. Web browsing is a pain - I forgot what we used to labor through on dial-up 15 years ago.

Feedback Score
    The only compelling advantage I see is the free international calling. If you don't need that, there pricing isn't anything special. For example, they have unlimited V/T, 500MB data for $40. At Verizon it's $45. For 1GB, it $45 vs $50 at Verizon. For 3GB it's $60 vs $65. And Verizon has awesome coverage in a whole lot of the country.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, it's pretty bad. Emails are fine. Web browsing is a pain - I forgot what we used to labor through on dial-up 15 years ago.
    Not quite apples to apples. Web pages back then weren't as detailed as they are today. Even dial-up was bearable for most Web pages back then.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    $39 plan is now listed with 1gb before throttle, while the $49 plan is 2gb before throttle. Although website says that upgrade is a limited time offer, it is possible that the change will be the new amount in the near future.