Thread: Loud flip phone for a Senior?

Feedback Score

Loud flip phone for a Senior?

Hi, looking for a loud flip (ear piece and ringer) phone for my 96 year young father.

Preferably a flip.

He is currently with Verizon but I want to get him on a cheap Pay As You Go deal as his phone use is minimal but undecided which one yet.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Maybe a Jitterbug? There are probably some on evil bay.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by futurephone View Post
    Maybe a Jitterbug? There are probably some on evil bay.
    Thanks, that phone looks like it would be perfect but it looks like the eBay Jitterbugs I've contacted sellers on are all locked to GreatCall. :/

I see TracFone has a Senior Phone. Anyone care to share any input about their phones or pay as you go service or perhaps other suggestions?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranglehold View Post
    Thanks, that phone looks like it would be perfect but it looks like the eBay Jitterbugs I've contacted sellers on are all locked to GreatCall. :/

I see TracFone has a Senior Phone. Anyone care to share any input about their phones or pay as you go service or perhaps other suggestions?

Thanks
    That's a good question. Probably have much better luck asking in the Tracfone forum, though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    You could Google "phone for seniors". There are lots available and not expensive. The Jitterbug seems to fit your requirements but the service is unnecessarily expensive. I would look for an unlocked GSM phone that could be activated on any MVNO of either ATT or T-Mobile.

P.S. You might consider the Doro PhoneEasy on Consumer Cellular. The phone seems to fit your requirements and Consumer Cellular is a good company with good customer service.
    Last edited by DRNewcomb; 08-15-2014 at 11:23 AM.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    You could Google "phone for seniors". There are lots available and not expensive. The Jitterbug seems to fit your requirements but the service is unnecessarily expensive. I would look for an unlocked GSM phone that could be activated on any MVNO of either ATT or T-Mobile.

P.S. You might consider the Doro PhoneEasy on Consumer Cellular. The phone seems to fit your requirements and Consumer Cellular is a good company with good customer service.

Much thanks! Will check out Doro and Consumer Cellular closer and looks like it will work fine for his needs.

Feedback Score
    Guys, please don't recommend the new Jitterbug 2 to people that have hearing loss.....I bought it, can't hear a thing. and the new "2" the speaker is on the reverse side of the phone. You can't test the phone until you activate it either.
    I'm still looking for another phone I can hear on.....

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone(Verizon) Tracfone (GSM)
    Feedback Score
    I have a LG VX8300 that is quite loud. I can use it without my hearing aid. It is an older flip phone formerly on Verizon Wireless.

Feedback Score
    Thanks Gene, I will look into it for him. I also looked at J BUG and the plans are too expensive and phones are proprietary to Great Call.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam72 View Post
    If you are looking for a loud flip cell phone for seniors, i recommend JITTERBUG 5 and Doro PhoneEasy 618 these two phones are designed with seniors in mind, you can check their features at the best cell phones for seniors, also you can check their plans at the best cell phone plans for seniors.
    My uncle have the Jitterbug phone and say it is well designed and offers a reliable service, since great call has a good customer service.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Sorry if my post is too late. My mother is 72 years old and I recently bought an LG 450 flip phone for T-Mobile's PAYG service. The buttons are reasonably sized and the screen is easy to read. She hasn't used it much, but the earpiece volume seems to be sufficient.

If you use an AT&T-based provider, e.g. Cricket, then you can get an AT&T (ZTE) Z222 GoPhone for only $7.50 this week at Best Buy. User ratings on Best Buy's website seem to be positive overall. I may buy one and hold on to it in case I decide to switch my mom from T-Mobile PAYG to an AT&T-based MVNO provider.

The Doro 618 for Consumer Cellular seems like a nice phone for a senior. I wonder if one can use it with any AT&T MVNO or if it can only be used with Consumer Cellular as the provider. Any ideas?

Feedback Score
    I have an Alcatel flip phone with Metro PCS. There is a $25 plan which they don't advertise, but will give if one asks for it. It is unlimited call time, unlimited long distance (that might be in the 48 states, I don't know), and texts. I don't text. There is voice mail, which is activated whether one wishes it, or not. The $25 plan requires a $10 activation fee, and buying the phone from Metro PCS.

On speaker phone, the phone is loud.

I think they offer a different brand of simple flip phone now. I like the $25 plan, and I like it that I can go to the Metro PCS store, and have someone help me, if I need customer service.
    Alcatel Big Easy, w/ TracFone
    Alcatel flip phone w/ MetroPCS

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loaloa View Post
    I recommend to get a prepaid cell phone such as Nokia 106 and go for a cheap cell phone plans for seniors, since seniors usually don't use their phones too much.
    I'm using LG EXACT with a cheap plan, since I rarely use my phone.

Feedback Score
    If you are looking for a flip phone with a basic plan, you should consider the Doro PhoneEasy 626 with any affordable senior cell phone plan from consumer cellular.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dastin11 View Post
    If you are looking for a flip phone with a basic plan, you should consider the Doro PhoneEasy 626 with any affordable senior cell phone plan from consumer cellular.
    I guess the jitterbugflip from GreatCall is the best option for a senior looking for a flip phone.