Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Sprint becoming "The Disruptor"

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Sprint becoming "The Disruptor"

Well, looks like the new gunslinger has a quick trigger finger. We will see how disruptive they get.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0GE26I20140814
    I don't feel like a thread-killer...

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    About time!

Also:
    Claure spent his first day on the job meeting Apple Inc CEO Tim Cook, and said "Apple will become a crucial part of Sprint," the website reported.
    But it's nice that he acknowledges that the Sprint network sucks so they have to compete on value/price to make up. That should mean he'll be committed to improving the network to profit (charge more) in the future.

Should be interesting to see how the wireless market transforms over the next year, now that there will be two disruptive carriers in the marketplace.
    Carriers I've used: Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket, AT&T, Verizon, Page Plus, Virgin Mobile, Movistar, AT&T Mexico, Telcel, Straight Talk, RingPlus.
    Phones I've used: iPhone 6S, iPhone 5c, HTC One M9, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG G2, BlackBerry Storm, Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Device(s)
    Sprint: iPhone 45-32
    Feedback Score
    Ouch!!

John Legere ‏@JohnLegere · 1h
    Go ahead and slash prices, @sprint! It won't matter. You couldn't pay people to use your network! #sprintlikehell http://reut.rs/1yBG3hi
    iPhone 7 Plus - Sprint SERO
    iPhone 6 Plus - Altice (testing)

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I am thinking that Sprint is going to make it incredibly easy for those that like iPhones to get the newest one. As for me, how can you get any cheaper than $25?

Feedback Score
    LOL relying on APPLE cause APPLE made Sprint their *****.. The only disruptive activity going to happen is their network blackouts ... We heard this time and time again DISRUPTIVE, New Network, Change network, etc, etc, same story will happen again. Easier to TALK then DO in this industry.

Device(s)
    HTC One M8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Can't wait to see what he comes up with...
    Sprint was built on being the low price leader, who also happened to carry the coolest phones before anyone else, and didn't have huge credit requirements. Everyone admitted they had coverage issues - - but they put up with it because it was a great value, and they really did have some major 'firsts' in the way of phones (first MP3 player in a phone, first color screen, first camera, first smartphones, first unlimited txt service--even though it was web based etc)

Once Nextel happened that all changed and they never recovered... They tried like hell to not lose Nextel's high ARPU and play with the Big 2... Which never worked. I'd hoped that Hesse was going to bring the pricing back down, but he never really did.

Sprint's original formula is EXACTLY what has been working for T-Mobile but in a modernized form - - and had the pulled their heads out of their butt before T-Mobile did, it probably would have worked for them again.

People will forgive things like coverage and even data speed (which they are working on)... If the price is right.

So I'm excited to see if this is truly disruptive on the level of Iliad's 'free' in France (which has an average price of around $35 per month for unlimited everything including international calling to 100 countries and lesser plans starting at around $3.50) or is just a word being thrown around and we'll see something more along the lines of Framily without having to screw with creating a framily...

Feedback Score
    Sprint even admitted that Framily was not competitive at certain price ranges. Framily is a mess and needs to be taken down and re-constructed. This is what happens when you get alot of "YES" men in the marketing room.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    $25 for unlimited talk, text and 1GB data, $40 for unlimited talk text and 3GB data & $50 for unlimited talk, text and data. Buy your phone and pay for your plan voila you are a customer.

They can't get any more disruptive than that.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NGeorge View Post
    So I'm excited to see if this is truly disruptive on the level of Iliad's 'free' in France (which has an average price of around $35 per month for unlimited everything including international calling to 100 countries and lesser plans starting at around $3.50) or is just a word being thrown around and we'll see something more along the lines of Framily without having to screw with creating a framily...
    That might be one of the few things that would make Sprint disruptive.

Currently all the carriers provide cheaper pricing if they bring families/groups of 4 or more lines to them. T-Mobile has the 4 lines for $100 ($25/line), Sprint has the $25/month if you bring 7+ people, or $40/line on AT&T/Verizon if you bring 4 lines. Individual prices on AT&T/Verizon? Way too much.

Another example, T-Mobile sells the 1GB smartphone line for $50/month to individuals, but to businesses with 6+ lines, $20/month.

Might be time for a carrier to finally market to individuals. Much like Iliad/Free does in France, come out with one cheap, individual line. Say $24.99 to $29.99/month for a 1GB smartphone line, and rely on add-ons (unlimited streaming, more GBs of data, unlimited data, international calling, tethering packages, tablet/hotspot lines, device insurance, etc) to increase ARPU. Obviously no contract or included device, but they'd be targeting individuals/singles (not family plans). Such a plan would also target the growing prepaid market. Why should I go to Sprint postpaid if I can go to a better network (AT&T via Cricket) and get 2.5GB for $45 a month without any taxes or fees? Better phone selection, too. Oh, and allow it as prepaid form or make credit checks much easier (at least for the service part). A crappy network can't be picky about their customers.

Feedback Score
    As a sales rep at sprint I am super excited to see whats coming down the pipe. Framily is a great deal at 7+ people but having to explain that to everyone is really hard

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakezula84 View Post
    As a sales rep at sprint I am super excited to see whats coming down the pipe. Framily is a great deal at 7+ people but having to explain that to everyone is really hard

via the HoFo App

My prediction is that they will try this new price plan will pick up "SOME" people due to hype and then START bleeding because of their piss poor network OR some execution in management level so Mr Son due to bleeding will just sell SPRINT or DIVEST Sprint to some other entity like Huawei or Lliad, or Chinese investor like Alibaba..

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    i wouldn't necessarily call them a "distruptor." they haven't done anything yet to move big red or blue.

via the HoFo App

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL)

Duluth, MN
    4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Sprint needs to allow phone unlocking. That wait til January stuff is crazy.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________

Speed achieved using T-Mobile Samsung GS2

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    How about free tethering on the network. I'm sick of having to root/jailbreak my device so I can tether 40-50 gigs of data a month. I can attest that here in Chicago it has gotten a lot better so I will continue to abuse the network.

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Not bad since I'm in the bunker of a basement here at work. I just downloaded 2 movies off of movie box too. Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1408131568.649967.jpg
Views: 1408
Size:  53.1 KB

via the HoFo App

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast