Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Sprint becoming "The Disruptor"

Feedback Score
    Let's hope they're gauging public reaction and will actually be disruptive later in the week. Cause this just is sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by kirt View Post
    Well, I don't know how they came up with the mess that they put in their news release, but it is not simple, and doesn't seem disruptive - so Marcelo did not meet his own guidelines. They need to keep it really simple, like the prepaid companies do. You pay X, you get Y. No rules or qualifiers, etc. They should even pull the tax/fees out of the equation. Maybe they will get there eventually.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ProzacBoy View Post
    Let's hope they're gauging public reaction and will actually be disruptive later in the week. Cause this just is sad.
    Well its Monday, I don't hear any news about "DISRUPTIVE" pricing all I know they have a $160 w/ 20GB and $50 for UNL catch req. to finance phone :T.. That's not DISRUPTIVE, its more like a meh' @ least TMO when they did something it was a BANG when they announced their Uncarrier strategy. Sprint is just copying, so if they MERGED ya they would have COPIED VZW & ATT and there WOULD BE NO Competitive pricing as promised so I am glad they didnt merge. Specially seen as this is their DISRUPTIVE move..

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus - VZW 128GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Why hello old friend....
    Feedback Score
    This is just disappointing. Who cares about 20GB of data. I'd guess 98% of the people on Sprint don't come close. Heck I'm on 10GB with AT&T and I find it tough to use half, and that's with streaming radio and podcasts daily. I was hoping they would do something to really shock and disrupt the market, even something to shock T-Mo. Even if they did it for the next couple of years while they get their network up to par. Something like $40 for unlimited everything and $20 add on for each additional line. That would have been HUGE.
    Hi, my name is Joey and Im addicted to cell phones...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoCal19 View Post
    This is just disappointing. Who cares about 20GB of data. I'd guess 98% of the people on Sprint don't come close. Heck I'm on 10GB with AT&T and I find it tough to use half, and that's with streaming radio and podcasts daily. I was hoping they would do something to really shock and disrupt the market, even something to shock T-Mo. Even if they did it for the next couple of years while they get their network up to par. Something like $40 for unlimited everything and $20 add on for each additional line. That would have been HUGE.
    Easy to use 10-20gb monthly, esp if you have a job that requires lots of standby time. However on the Sprint network, no way can I use even 2-3gb monthly, their LTE just doesn't reach indoors very well. On Vzw or ATTM it'd be a snap burning that kind of data if you had the indoor coverage and a job that forced inactivity on you while you waited for something to happen, putting you to work.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Wait guys. More announcements coming for single lines.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galazy S2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Gee...I'm a current Sprint family customer. Guess none of this applies to me....only new customers.

Feedback Score
    meh.. that's actually more expensive than the other plans.. they are just rearranging the smoke and mirrors.

3 lines 20gb+ 2yr = 220/mo before taxes. (100+40+40+40) THEN + 15$ish for taxes and then discount..

I was actually hoping for them on this one..

Feedback Score
    This at least puts sprint on a relatively level playing field compared to its competitors. Sad to say, even that is a victory given sprint's history of suicidal decisions.

Feedback Score
    How do they get away with this.... this is a Flat out lie... there is NO WAY you can get $100 monthly charge w/20gb of data.. you have to add the data access to it..

----------------------------------------------

Sprint Doubles the Data
    Sprint introduces new shared data plans that offer double the high-speed data at the same or lower price as compared to AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless.

For a Family up to 10 lines, get 20GB of Shared Data and Unlimited Talk & Text for only $100 a month
    It really doesn’t matter if your family is 3, 5, or 10 people, you will get at least 20GB of shared data and your monthly charge will be $100.

Also... looks like they are waiving the 15 again.....

1 To improve the data experience for the majority of users, throughput speeds may be limited, varied or reduced on the network

2 The $100 offer is available Aug. 22, 2014 – Sept. 30, 2014 when customers switch to Sprint. It includes $15/mo./line access charges waived through 2015. Valid only on 20GB or higher data allowance.
    Last edited by ekz13; 08-19-2014 at 08:57 AM.

Device(s)
    pixel xl
    Carrier(s)
    google fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam73065 View Post
    As hard as you'd have to work to use 20gb on Sprint, it's a disappointing offering. Hopefully the individual plans are better.

via the HoFo App

you know what would be *disruptive* ?

should that 10, 20, 30gb etc, on both individual plans & shared, be indistinguishable in usage, mobile or tethered -

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...0#post15527890

sprint breaks that invisible boundary on data usage, & HOW one uses their *paid for* data,

along with their network upgrade, & what ever shaping they do , they'll have a winner..

some 1 has to do it..
    >:-,

“There's no benchmark for how life's "supposed" to happen. There is no ideal world for you to wait around for. The world is always just what it is now, it's up to you how you respond to it.”
    ― Isaac Marion, Warm Bodies

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    3 lines on Sprint, 1 line on Verizon
    Feedback Score

Sprint becoming "The Disruptor"

I don't see how this will attract new customers from the big 2. I am a customer of Verizon. I brought my own devices and have 3 lines. I get a 22% discount. So I pay $78 for 10gb data across 3 lines and $15 access times 3 lines for a total of $123.00. The 3 of us are lucky if we use 6-7gb of the 10gb and we use are devices a lot. We do use wifi at home. If I switch to Sprint, I get more data then I need but would pay the same for an inferior network, locked iPhones, etc. Why would I switch? And if I chose the 8gb Sprint plan I would pay more. Here's the math. New Sprint plan with 8gb data for 3 lines with BYOD. I get a 23% Sprint discount. So at 8gb it would be $70-$16.10=53.90. Plus the line access is now $25. 3 lines at $25 plus data at &53.90=$128.90. More expensive then my Verizon plan with 10gb. There is absolutely no incentive to switch unless we were huge data hogs. We are not and the majority of people can get by on 10gb for 3 lines. Fail.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    If Sprint doesn't recognize the difference between lowering prices and disruptive pricing, there really is no hope for them. Even if they match T-Mobiles's prices, they won't see similar gains. T-Mobile welcomes any device thats compatible with their network. And 120 million potential customers can switch without buying new devices. In contrast, Sprint has idiotic policies on what devices they are willing to activate on their network. Coming to Sprint will likely require customers purchase new devices. Leaving Sprint will likely require the same, thereby discouraging folks from test driving Sprint.

Offering lots of data won't help. First, between them and T-Mobile, they already have all the data hogs they're going to get (they aren't going to poach AT&T and Verizon unlimited customers). Second, data hogs are the bane of every network, which is the last thing the company needs. Third, doubling down data won't attract hordes of new customers. Between work, school, and public places, most people are near wifi the majority of the day. Only a small minority of wireless customers in the US use more than 2 GB per month.

For Sprint to be disruptive, they have only two options. Offer something unique, like j'va's suggestion of data only plans with integrated VoIP. Or, drastically drop prices of their devices or plans. Like giving away flagship phones free with a two year contract.

The competitive landscape is going to get harder. AT&T has not yet figured out how to use Cricket, but will be a force to be reckoned with. With thousands of dedicated stores throughout the country where the masses can walk in clueless and walk out working. With plans that run the gamut, at the lower end, a $25/mo plan with unlimited talk & text and no data, and at the high end a $55/mo plan with a 5 GB soft cap. Sprint must offer a better value to incentivize customers for their inferior network.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ekz13 View Post
    meh.. that's actually more expensive than the other plans.. they are just rearranging the smoke and mirrors.

3 lines 20gb+ 2yr = 220/mo before taxes. (100+40+40+40) THEN + 15$ish for taxes and then discount..

I was actually hoping for them on this one..
    Why $40? Its $15 connection fee off contract like the big two. The pricing is identical, just twice the data.

If I also had to guess, employee discounts will come off the data portion (thats Sprint's current policy) so off the $100.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    I had this big reply and then the app on my phone crashed. So to sum up what I was saying.

These new plans (they were testing these in a couple markets, and I am sure 20GB isn't the only option since it wasn't during the tests) its just the price point everyone advertises. Its the focus.

Could be great once the network is better, but it completly ignores T-Mobile.

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus VZW
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Big incentive here is obviously if you have your own phone. They're running the promo if you get the 20GB plan for $100. If you port your number over, Sprint will pay up to $350 ETF from your old provider, will waive the $15 access fee until Dec 2015 and you get the extra 2GB per line until Dec 2015. Too bad their network is not that great around the states.

But if you bring you want a single line, then framily still comes out better at $45/month compared to this new $45/m for 600MB. But they said they will come out with other plans for single lines.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast