Device(s)
    Nokia 6301b
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Giving Up @Home Service

I have had the @Home service from T Mobile since 2010. It has been mostly good, and the price is right ($15 + tax or about $22 per month) on my family Simple Choice plan.

I have had some issues (mainly about occasional loss of service for a few minutes) which basically require me to power cycle the HiPort device. These occur no more than twice a month, and there have been long periods (months) of no problems. I do have some concern about the availability of the device (eBay or Amazon). For that reason, I am taking the plunge with Vonage and plan to discontinue this service with T Mobile.

I check these forums now and again, and I vaguely recall seeing posts for people asking for someone doing a change of responsibility for this service. I am not even sure if and how that can be done, especially since this is a line on my family plan. However, I am willing to offer this for anyone who wants and can figure out the details with T Mobile. I have not yet ported my "home" number to Vonage, but will do that in the next week or two.

If anyone is interested, post here or PM me.

Device(s)
    Google Pixel XL, Huawei Pixel 6P, Moto Nexus 6, LG Nexus 5, Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Dude! I'd take it off your hands! Do you want to do a CoFR?

Device(s)
    Nokia 6301b
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If this can work without me losing my number, I would do it. I haven't checked with TM, and I'm not sure what the logistics would be.

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Google Pixel XL, Huawei Pixel 6P, Moto Nexus 6, LG Nexus 5, Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    a CoFR (Change of Fiscal Responsibility) is the easy part. You call in first to 611, set it up, then I call in and complete it.

However, I don't know if it can be done if you are porting out the number on the line. If it's too much trouble, i totally understand.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus, Galaxy S6, Nexus 5, Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    This may answer your questions since it literally just popped up on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comm...ter_in_canada/
    Verizon Wireless 20Mhz FDD LTE

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    i'm not sure why you pay $15 a month--- mines is $10 but i keep mine on my account just to show longevity for loyalty discounts and what not
    Nokia 5165> Nokia 6160> Nokia 7120>Nokia 6820> Motorola V600> Motorola V500> Motorola V551>Nokia 8290> Sidekick II>Motorola Razr>Nokia 8800>Nokia 8800 Sirocco Black>LG Prada>Nokia 8800 Sirocco Gold>Sidekick III>Tmo Dash>BB 8320>BB 8820>iPhone>Tmo G1>BB 8220>BB 9530>BB 8900>MyTouch3G>BB 9630>BB 9550>Google Nexus One><BB 9700>Google Nexus One>BB 9780>BB 9810>BB 9900> HTC One S>HTC One S BLK> Nexus 4> Samsung Galaxy S4> iPhone 5s>iPhone 6>iPhone 7>iPhone X>iPhone Xs Max

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I would keep the @home line and use that SIM in a cell phone...best of both world! You don't have to depend on the @home router or internet for phone calls since you now do it on a cell phone. No worry about going over you minutes since there is no overage. And later if you want to go back making calls on the @home router you just put the SIM back in it. That's what I'm doing right now. Remember that once you get rid of the @home you can't have it back. You also can't use a regular cell line SIM in the @home router, it will not work.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    didn't it use to be if you put your @home sim in a cell phone and made calls you were charged by the minute ? because they could detect what device you are using?

I bet you could get a data plan added to it and even probably an old unlimited texting plan added if you had the SOC

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by RazzyRazzyRazzy View Post
    didn't it use to be if you put your @home sim in a cell phone and made calls you were charged by the minute ? because they could detect what device you are using?

I bet you could get a data plan added to it and even probably an old unlimited texting plan added if you had the SOC
    Calls you make using the @home SIM on the cell phone count toward your bucket of minutes, just like a regular cell phone. Now with no overage you don't have to worry about going over anymore. If you talk to the right tmobile rep you can add a data plan to it...I did.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    what data plan do you have? all they offered me was $5 for 30mb of 4G

said they didn't have an option to add any unlimited data plans to it....

Quote Originally Posted by slingster View Post
    Calls you make using the @home SIM on the cell phone count toward your bucket of minutes, just like a regular cell phone. Now with no overage you don't have to worry about going over anymore. If you talk to the right tmobile rep you can add a data plan to it...I did.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    what data plan do you have? all they offered me was $5 for 30mb of 4G

said they didn't have an option to add any unlimited data plans to it....
    I got Tzone, but only after talking to the right person in retention (I believe) that can (or is willingto) do it. I've been with them since the Aerial days so I don't know if that adds any clout.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    did you previously have tzones or was it added as a totally new feature and how long ago was this?

Quote Originally Posted by slingster View Post
    I got Tzone, but only after talking to the right person in retention (I believe) that can (or is willingto) do it. I've been with them since the Aerial days so I don't know if that adds any clout.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    [QUOTE=RazzyRazzyRazzy;15556396]did you previously have tzones or was it added as a totally new feature and how long ago was this?[/QUOTE

I previously had tzones when I added the third one, about a month ago.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    you wouldn't happen to have the SOC for the tzones package you have ?

I've had about 3 reps try to add other data packages (with SOCs) but the system wouldn't allow for it.

[QUOTE=slingster;15557003]
    did you previously have tzones or was it added as a totally new feature and how long ago was this?[/QUOTE

I previously had tzones when I added the third one, about a month ago.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    you wouldn't happen to have the SOC for the tzones package you have ?

I've had about 3 reps try to add other data packages (with SOCs) but the system wouldn't allow for it.
    Sorry I don't know what SOC stands for. Yeah...these days it's rarely a hit and mostly a miss to have tzone added.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast