Thread: Flashing Motorola Electrify M (XT901) to Cricket with 4G

Device(s)
    ZTE Source N9511
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice
    Feedback Score

Flashing Motorola Electrify M (XT901) to Cricket with 4G

Alright, so I got a Motorola Electrify M, originally on US Cellular, with Android 4.1.2 & I'm trying to flash it over to CricKet CDMA (I know, it will only be around for another year or so but still) & keep the 4G.

So far I have not had much success with Google search as the instructions are incomplete, & I keep running into parts that are questionable &/or not possible on this particular device (like dialing ##DIAG). They often say to "Follow the instructions for the Razr M or Droid Razr Maxx" which I assume is part of the reason things don't work. So I'm looking for information & as HowardForums is THE place for such things I figured this is where the information should be collected for any future searchers.
    This is my 1st flash for an Android so I'm new & hopefully that will mean more "Easy for newbies to follow" & less "stumbling along the way". If there's anyone who has flashed the Electrify M to Cricket, any information would be appreciated.

So, where I am so far:

I have unlocked the bootloader by getting the Unlock code from Motorola
    https://motorola-global-portal.custh...-your-device-a

From my current 4G Cricket phone I have collected some information:
    I use CricKet service in Phoenix, AZ so some of this will be different for different areas
    PIM: 102877
    MIN: 4802556173
    PRL Version: 58302
    PRI Version: 2.0.0
    SID: 04923 (Phoenix, AZ)
    MDN: {My Cricket Number}
    Band: 1
    Channel: 1150

I have collected few programing codes that actually work on the XT901:
    NAM(Fast): ##626* [Send] (333333 Default)
    NAM Programing: #073887* [Send]
    IMEI: *#06#
    Hardware Version: *#8888#
    Software Version: *#9999#
    ?Email Debug?: *#*#36245#*#*
    Enable Voice Dialer Logging: *#*#8351#*#*
    Disable Voice Dialer Logging: *#*#8350#*#*
    ?Service Menu: *#*#340910#*#* Goes back to dialpad
    Settings
    Testing Menu: *#*#4636#*#*
    Home screen tips
    ?ProTips?: *#*#8477#*#*
    Calendar Storage
    Calendar Info: *#*#225#*#*
    Google Play Services
    com.google.android.gms.checkin.CheckinService$Secr etCodeReceiver: *#*#2432546#*#* Goes back to dialpad, Notification: checkin succeeded
    com.google.android.gms.update.SystemUpdateService$ SecretCodeReceiver: *#*#947322243#*#* (Powers Off) Shows android with spinning WireBall in stomache with progress bar, then reboots, no noticeable changes, still rooted
    com.google.android.gms.gcm.GcmDiagnosticsReceiver: *#*#426#*#* Google Play services Ping/Connect/Disconnect/Events
    com.google.android.gms.games.receiver.GamesSystemB roadcastReceiver: *#*#426377962#*#*
    Google Services Framework
    .checkin.CheckinService$SecretCodeReceiver: *#*#2432546#*#*
    .update.SystemUpdateService$SecretCodeReceiver: *#*#947322243#*#*
    .update.SystemUpdateService$Receiver: *#*#46#*#*
    .update.SystemUpdateService$Receiver: *#*#7867#*#*
    .gtalkservice.diagnostics.GTalkDiagnosticsBroadcas tReceiver: *#*#8255#*#*
    Google Partner Setup
    Rlz Debug UI: *#*#759#*#*
    Demo mode
    com.motorola.demomode.DemoModeCommonReceiver: *#*#33666633#*#*
    CQATest
    CQATestReceiver: *#*#2486#*#*
    SuperSU
    .MainActivity$Launch: *#*#1234#*#*
    .MainActivity$Launch: *#*#7873778#*#*

I Rooted the device using Motochopper, there are other methods available & Motochopper doesn't require Unlocked Bootloaders but it was the simplest & specifically works for the XT901.
    http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...-newer-builds/

--------------------------------------

So that's where I am so far. My next step will be to try to get the subsidy unlock codes from US Cellular. I bought the phone on eBay so that may be a bit of a problem, but that's my next step I think.
    Last edited by LostOnline; 08-21-2014 at 04:38 AM.

Feedback Score
    So far as I know Cricket is no longer accepting new customers on the CDMA side. GSM only.

Device(s)
    ZTE Source N9511
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    You are correct Mysterious Swashbuckler, They are not accepting NEW customers on CDMA but existing customers can stay on CDMA until they are forced to switch which will happen by market starting "Mid 2015" & will take "about 2 years to complete the transfer". As I am on a 5-Lines-For-$100 plan & the best GSM plan they have is $40/month per line with a $10 extra saving per additional line & a $5 auto-pay credit for the account & that only gives 500MB data at 4G as opposed to my current 2GB per line, I'm not switching until I absolutely have to. Plus My grandparents live in an area where only Verizon gets service & with CricKet I get service there, AT&T does not. Once I have to switch, if I stay with CricKet I will likely just go for a Runbo or similar phone.

I know the support will be hard to find for a system that expires in 3 years or less, I just hope someone who has done it previously would be willing to share or I'll figure it out myself & leave it here for the archivist.