Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: New sprint iphone plans?????

Feedback Score
    Kirt and Dnicekid are flaming Sprint fanboys (I heard tell that Dnicekid gave a courtesy reacharound to the gerbil) so take what they say as such. Having said that, paying the remaining balance is not unfair. If you financed the iPhone 6 on the $50 unlimited plan you would have been paying a higher monthly rate for the phone just to keep it. If the plan doesn't work in your favor, go a different route. The Verizon $60 2gb plan comes to mind. I have several SERO plans and prefer flagship android handsets myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberman View Post
    that's unfair. Why would I want to pay the balance on a phone that's 2 years old by the time lease is up. The phone won't even be worth it to pay the remaining balance.
    Last edited by ProzacBoy; 09-14-2014 at 03:35 PM. Reason: So much better

Device(s)
    Samsung Rant
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ProzacBoy View Post
    Kirt and Dnicekid are flaming Sprint fanboys (constantly trying to spin these new plans into something they are not) so take what they say as such.
    Yup.

Sprint is just not willing to match Verizon's iPhone 6 trade-in offer ($199 phone and then a $200 debit card when you trade in your old iPhone). Sprint keeps saying it will "match" but that just means they have a deal where you can trade-in an old iPhone. sprint does not offer as as good a deal financially. I was offered $102 for a 16GB iPhone 4S to trade for $199 16GB iPhone 6. Sprint is desperate for new customers, but it just does not have the financial muscle of AT&T or Verizon.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Kirt and Dnicekid are flaming Sprint fanboys
    Gee, didn't realize I had gotten that bad. For my situation, it works. I pay $43 for unlimited Sprint everything on Framily with discount on data portion. I can't match that anywhere. If you want to compare like plans - you can't even use AT&T and Verizon, because neither offer unlimited data at any price. Tmobile would be $80 for plan plus $30 for iPhone, or $110. If you want to buy the iPhone on installments from Sprint, you can do that instead of lease, it would be $60 for the plan and $30 for the iPhone, or, $90. It is a good plan. If the lease fits, you can get everything for $70.

If you are sure that 2GB of data is enough, the Verizon plan is a good one, and I have said so.

Don't see the fanboy-ism anywhere in that.
    I don't feel like a thread-killer...

Device(s)
    Samsung Rant
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Okay, 3d time today was the charm. Finally, finally got Sprint to match Verizon's offer for the 16GB iphone 6: $199 for the 16GB iPhone 6, $23 in taxes, and $12 in shipping/handling minus $200 when we mail in the old 16GB iPHone 4s. Tried to assess another $35 activation fee, but of course that does not match Verizon so they waived that $35 charge.

Need to be polite, but persistent. I had to make 6 totals calls and 3 calls today alone. First 2 people I spoke with today said Sprint would not mach Verizon (or AT&T) offers. I think most of the CSR people are just inexperienced at giving away free phones to keep up with AT&T and Verizon.

If you get someone who will not match the VZ or AT&T offer, call back and try again.

I also did the whole thing by phone. I think it is somewhat cumbersome for the CSR so I was told twice that could one only do a trade-in for an iPhone 6 ppre-order in-store. That is not true either as I did the trade-in and pre-order of the iPnone 6 by phone.

Feedback Score
    $43 plus phone of course (insert fanboyism). If you want a new flagship add $25 or more. Seems to me Verizon's 2gb is more manageable than the Sprint plan plus phone portion. I'm definitely a fan of subbed handsets. I love my SERO and trust me Sprint makes money off me every month. Their network is garbage and has been for YEARS. If it works where you are godspeed, but they need to genuinely disrupt, not just claim they are. The iPhone plans are a step but barely that. Sprint needs to give us tangible, cheaper plans. This subterfuge and slight of hand needs to stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by kirt View Post
    Gee, didn't realize I had gotten that bad. For my situation, it works. I pay $43 for unlimited Sprint everything on Framily with discount on data portion. I can't match that anywhere. If you want to compare like plans - you can't even use AT&T and Verizon, because neither offer unlimited data at any price. Tmobile would be $80 for plan plus $30 for iPhone, or $110. If you want to buy the iPhone on installments from Sprint, you can do that instead of lease, it would be $60 for the plan and $30 for the iPhone, or, $90. It is a good plan. If the lease fits, you can get everything for $70.

If you are sure that 2GB of data is enough, the Verizon plan is a good one, and I have said so.

Don't see the fanboy-ism anywhere in that.
    Last edited by ProzacBoy; 09-14-2014 at 09:08 PM. Reason: More to the point

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Their network is garbage and has been for YEARS. If it works where you are godspeed....
    I'll bring my own phone to get unlimited of this at my home for $43/mo:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    Good for you, but most folks have to factor in the handset as well. Add $25 plus. When you leave that out = fanboyism Just for the record I just got 21.5 down and 19.28 up on my SG3. I know my kids get better on their LG G2's. Not sure how to post directly from Ookla. Sorry.
    Last edited by ProzacBoy; 09-14-2014 at 10:31 PM. Reason: More is better

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Tmobile 4g speeds with one bar are much faster than this sprint lte.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus7 View Post
    Tmobile 4g speeds with one bar are much faster than this sprint lte.
    Mine works in a lot more places, especially with Verizon roaming.

Feedback Score
    Again, if it works where you are godspeed.

Mine works in a lot more places, especially with Verizon roaming.

Feedback Score
    Sign up for this plan with easy pay. Porting over from MetroPCS and have Spark in the area where the phone will,be used the most... LA, CA. I'm excited about 800mhz and I expect good things. I know how slow NV was and this 2.5 project isn't really going that much faster since there is a tendency of hiring cheaper consultants to process these sites in comparison to Verizon and AT&T. However, I have notice a change and I anticipate a quicker roll out.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by knox_sportx View Post
    I wonder if I can keep my $50 SERO plan if I try to upgrade to a new iPhone 6, or any phone for that matter?

I noticed under the "iPhone & Sprint" section of their iPhone 6 promo, that Point# 2 is to select a plan (a "newer" plan). On the surface Sprint Simply Unlimited appears to be the same as what I've already got.

Point# 5 is offering $200 for any iPhone traded in. Seems like a great offer (coming from a Sprint iPhone 4).
    Corporate store said they were 99% sure it couldn't be done. That said, I noticed they never even bothered to try. Just kept trying to sell me on the iPhone for Life plan.

I went to a Sprint Store operated by a 3rd party and they looked and said it looked like it was possible to renew and preorder the iPhone 6 on their computer. I'm not positive it worked. When I go online, it still says my contract date ended a while ago. That said, if I then try and get a new phone, the website says I'm not eligible for a discounted phone. E-mail after the preorder just says the amount I paid, not what it was for.

Feedback Score
    Log on to your account and go to upgrade phone. If you are eligible for upgrade and the iPhone shows up as available, you can upgrade just like any other handset.

Quote Originally Posted by gambit57 View Post
    Corporate store said they were 99% sure it couldn't be done. That said, I noticed they never even bothered to try. Just kept trying to sell me on the iPhone for Life plan.

I went to a Sprint Store operated by a 3rd party and they looked and said it looked like it was possible to renew and preorder the iPhone 6 on their computer. I'm not positive it worked. When I go online, it still says my contract date ended a while ago. That said, if I then try and get a new phone, the website says I'm not eligible for a discounted phone. E-mail after the preorder just says the amount I paid, not what it was for.

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YCGrad View Post

Just out of curiosity, any thoughts on how Sprint plans to monetize all the returned iPhones after two years?
    Offer them as a CPO?

Sent from my LG-LS980

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberman View Post
    that's unfair. Why would I want to pay the balance on a phone that's 2 years old by the time lease is up. The phone won't even be worth it to pay the remaining balance.
    The problem is the residual value is the same as what it was new. At least with a car lease the buy out is less than the original purchase price.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast