Thread: iPhone 6+ Online Jump Upgrade

Feedback Score

iPhone 6+ Online Jump Upgrade

Has anyone tried upgrading and preorder the 6+ or 6 using jump? I ask this because I'm not sure if preorders work with jump. And can I do this online? I still have the first version of Jump if it matters.

via the HoFo App on iOS 8 powered by the nation's fastest 4G LTE network, T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just call in -- way easier than dealing with their website which is getting hammered. Should definitely be doable though.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I called in trying to jump over the phone and the rep told me I had to go into the store to jump upgrade my phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tmobileuser1234 View Post
    I called in trying to jump over the phone and the rep told me I had to go into the store to jump upgrade my phone.
    You mean this URL didn't work?

https://my.t-mobile.com/CIHU/?unavid=mngupgradephone

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S III (VZW)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    JUMP upgrades aren't working for me either. Only standard upgrades and add-a-line.

Quote Originally Posted by acearl View Post
    That's for standard upgrades, not JUMP!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tmobileuser1234 View Post
    I think Jump upgrades have always been required to be done in the store because it involves a device trade-in. They have to examine your device and make sure it meets the minimum operating requirements. If the device doesn't work, then I believe they process an insurance claim, you pay the deductible, and then you get the new device.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    You do know that the iPhone 6 does not appear to have LTE band 12 (i.e. T-Mobile's 700 MHz band)?
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S III (VZW)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    I think Jump upgrades have always been required to be done in the store because it involves a device trade-in. They have to examine your device and make sure it meets the minimum operating requirements. If the device doesn't work, then I believe they process an insurance claim, you pay the deductible, and then you get the new device.
    I have done Jump! upgrades online. It just asks you what condition the device is in.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VDubb View Post
    I have done Jump! upgrades online. It just asks you what condition the device is in.
    Do you still have to go to a store and trade it in or can you mail it in?

via the HoFo App on iOS 8 powered by the nation's fastest 4G LTE network, T-Mobile.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tacoman71 View Post
    Do you still have to go to a store and trade it in or can you mail it in?

You can mail it in. Once you complete the JUMP upgrade online, it will give you a PDF to print with the return paperwork/label for your old phone. I JUMP'ed online last night from the Nexus 5 to the iPhone 6 and it gave me the label.

Login to your T-mobile account and click on the "SHOP" link at the top, then (as long as it says you are JUMP eligible) click that you want to JUMP and you will get a dialog box that says you can do it in store OR online.

BE AWARE THAT BEING ABLE TO JUMP ONLINE IS BROWSER SPECIFIC FOR SOME REASON! The link does NOT appear on Internet Explorer. I had to use Firefox to be given the dialog box option to JUMP online.

Also FYI to anyone who has done it online with JUMP - check your order processing status online. Mine is now updated and showing an estimated delivery date of 9/17/14 with the 3 day shipping option I selected. So they may be shipping as early as Monday....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Trek234 View Post
    You can mail it in. Once you complete the JUMP upgrade online, it will give you a PDF to print with the return paperwork/label for your old phone. I JUMP'ed online last night from the Nexus 5 to the iPhone 6 and it gave me the label.

Login to your T-mobile account and click on the "SHOP" link at the top, then (as long as it says you are JUMP eligible) click that you want to JUMP and you will get a dialog box that says you can do it in store OR online.

BE AWARE THAT BEING ABLE TO JUMP ONLINE IS BROWSER SPECIFIC FOR SOME REASON! The link does NOT appear on Internet Explorer. I had to use Firefox to be given the dialog box option to JUMP online.

Also FYI to anyone who has done it online with JUMP - check your order processing status online. Mine is now updated and showing an estimated delivery date of 9/17/14 with the 3 day shipping option I selected. So they may be shipping as early as Monday....
    Thanks!