Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: AT&T HD Voice (VoLTE) - Latest Markets and Announcements

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Is the iphone 6 still the only phone that can access HD Voice/VoLTE?

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizam76 View Post
    Is the iphone 6 still the only phone that can access HD Voice/VoLTE?
    No, there were a couple other phones before the iPhone 6.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Phones like the Galaxy S 5 can, it is just still disabled I believe?

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizam76 View Post
    Phones like the Galaxy S 5 can, it is just still disabled I believe?
    No idea. Never really kept up with that as voice is very little interest to many people including myself.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
    What does that have to do with anything?

Probably different vendors in different parts of the US. They all have to roll out the software updates on their hardware. Not to mention, we're also waiting for CA to go live. I think both of those will be going up around the same time in various markets.
    I'm just jealous how T-Mobile, Sprint and Verizon can launch the service nationwide but my favorite carrier has to do the rollout in a spotty way...

That's why I asked if there is a technical reason.

I like VoLTE voice. Voice calls sound really clean and I like keeping my LTE session alive during a call. I can't wait for it to go nationwide.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adonis View Post
    I'm just jealous how T-Mobile, Sprint and Verizon can launch the service nationwide but my favorite carrier has to do the rollout in a spotty way...

That's why I asked if there is a technical reason.

I like VoLTE voice. Voice calls sound really clean and I like keeping my LTE session alive during a call. I can't wait for it to go nationwide.
    The technical reason is they launched with release 8 hardware. While it's more than capable of doing VoLTE, it is not capable of SRVCC so there would be no handoffs to UMTS. T-Mobile launched release 10 out of the gate, and could flip the switch after trials immediately. Verizon, while also setting up release 8, doesn't hand off to EVDO as they never went 1x-Advanced, so upgrading to release 10 is something they can do at their own pace and go nationwide with a mix of 8 and 10. AT&T is launching only where they've upgraded to release 10, which also of course allows CA.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I live in Cincinnati, which is listed as an HDVoice/VoLTE market but my iPhone 6 goes to 4G when I place a call. The iPhone settings are already set to Enable LTE Voice & Data.

Do you guys know if I need to do something to get VoLTE?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rafael View Post
    I live in Cincinnati, which is listed as an HDVoice/VoLTE market but my iPhone 6 goes to 4G when I place a call. The iPhone settings are already set to Enable LTE Voice & Data.

Do you guys know if I need to do something to get VoLTE?
    Yeah, I live in the Detroit area which was lit up for VoLTE last week and my iPhone 6 would keep falling back to HSPA whenever I made or received calls. I ended up calling AT&T support on Tuesday evening and they got VoLTE working for me after forcibly de-registering my handset from the network; I was instructed to power cycle my handset after I lost connectivity right in the middle of the support call. The engineer called me back moments later and when I answered it, I noticed the iPhone didn't fall back to "4G" during the call and the remainder of the calls I made yesterday evening, the iPhone band never fell back to "4G". I'm not entirely certain if you can just refresh your handset registration on the network by rapid power cycling, since there may be a time interval when your registration is still live. All I know is there isn't any special notation you need on your account, besides it being a post-paid account with a valid VoLTE capable device being utilized for that line.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I've been in downtown Atlanta driving around all day.

So far I haven't been able to use HD Voice. During calls data still drops down to 4G HSPA+. Cellular network settings are set for LTE over voice and data.

Care says there is nothing to provision or add to my account to make HD Voice active.

Here in my hotel I'm band 2. Speeds are under 15 Mbps (download) consistently over LTE where I'm staying.

Attachment 119211

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adonis View Post
    I've been in downtown Atlanta driving around all day.

So far I haven't been able to use HD Voice. During calls data still drops down to 4G HSPA+. Cellular network settings are set for LTE over voice and data.

Care says there is nothing to provision or add to my account to make HD Voice active.

Here in my hotel I'm band 2. Speeds are under 15 Mbps (download) consistently over LTE where I'm staying.

Attachment 119211
    Did you get a new sim with your iphone 6, and are you currently using that SIM?

Feedback Score
    VoLTE seems to be live in West Chester, PA (outside of Philadelphia)

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by matt110 View Post
    Did you get a new sim with your iphone 6, and are you currently using that SIM?
    Yeah they made me get a new SIM when I activated my new iPhone 6.

To AT&T's credit their network in the Dunwoody, GA. area is world's above Verizon. Everywhere I've gone so far out here my iPhone's data connection works well while my 2 coworkers with Verizon have "3G," on their iPhone 6 devices or a data connection that won't connect.

Verizon has been disappointing me lately. I tried to use my Verizon Mi-Fi today at a conference and all I could get is unusable 3G as well.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Questions for those of you who see the VoLTE working...Do you see the phone stay on LTE when calling an 1-800 number or just when calling another AT&T "HD Voice" phone?

I don't currently have any friends or family that have a compatible phone, so I have been calling the AT&T 1-800 number and 611 to test HD Voice. So after reading this blurb below I won't be hearing the high definition sound for a while.

"How do I use HD Voice?
    Both you and the person you’re calling must be AT&T customers on postpaid plans using properly provisioned AT&T HD Voice-capable devices while in an AT&T HD Voice coverage area.

Feedback Score
    VoLTE live in Baltimore/Washington area, Philadelphia, and Atlantic City

Device(s)
    6+
    Feedback Score
    Does the OnePlus One support VoLTE?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast