Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: LTE now "live"

Feedback Score
    I also would vote for the issue of "Is Verizon better than PagePlus" and its variations such as "What are the advantages of using native Verizon instead of PagePlus" being considered off-topic for this group.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Yet others report the same speed they got with Verizon (though not all have reported the actial speed).
    I just saw another report of that.
    Those reports reporting favorable speeds that I have seen have usually been very vague, no A/B test Verizon/PagePlus, no details, so I am not sure that they really are correct and that the person was not mistaken or whatever.

It is certainly possible though that some people have got good speeds and if so it will be clearer with time.

One possibility is that PagePlus has elected a lower service level, say for example "priority 3", to reduce cost, and that there is variation on the speeds that this translates into in different areas of the country or on different categories of towers.

Or there simply could be errors and inconsistencies in the Verizon implementation of virtual LTE networks. The virtual network extension to LTE may never have gotten a through workout until now. The question then becomes, which way is it supposed to be behaving? With a throttle, as it is currently behaving throughout the Carolinas, and in South Dakota, or without a throttle, as it may be in a couple of other areas?
    Last edited by comintel; 10-06-2014 at 09:11 PM.

Device(s)
    LG Gł™ (Metallic Black) and HTC One® M8 (Gunmetal)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless. The Fastest, 4G LTE/XLTE Prepaid Network!!!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by avo1 View Post
    Jesus christ dude stop ****ing shilling for verizon. You sound like a used car salesman. This forum sure has gone to hell with the likes of you around. I quit lurking here once and come back. But you certainly make this whole place stink. I'm done here.
    Hmm.... Okay
    "Fools trade their SOULS for gold in an attempt to take hold of things they can't control."

-------LG Gł™ (Metallic Black) ---------HTC One® M8 (Gunmetal)

ONLY VERIZON WIRELESS. THE FASTEST, 4G LTE/XLTE PREPAID NETWORK!

-------Primary FREE Wi-Fi ----Secondary FREE Wi-Fi (For my Guests)

Carrier(s)
    Ting - R+ - Lyca - BYO - Selectel
    Feedback Score
    It is beyond shilling, it is called trolling to get a rise out of people. This person provides no pertinent content, mostly irrelevant. Their purpose seems solely to lambaste PPC or any other VZW MVNO while supporting VZW Mothership Service as the holy grail and belittling others who don't in an off hand way. Metaphorically, attempting to rub your nose in it at every opportunity.

Troll "a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion"

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pfoneguy View Post
    It is beyond shilling, it is called trolling to get a rise out of people. This person provides no pertinent content, mostly irrelevant. Their purpose seems solely to lambaste PPC or any other VZW MVNO while supporting VZW Mothership Service as the holy grail and belittling others who don't in an off hand way. Metaphorically, attempting to rub your nose in it at every opportunity.

Troll "a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion"

Hmm... okay

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wardcst View Post
    4.38 on pageplus sim 19.22 Verizon sim
    NE South Dakota
    I am very happy new devices without flashing

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

What device are you using to test the Page Plus LTE speeds with?

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    Those reports reporting favorable speeds that I have seen have usually been very vague, no A/B test Verizon/PagePlus, no details, so I am not sure that they really are correct and that the person was not mistaken or whatever.
    True enough. It may well be that they haven't run anything to get actual, numbers and are just going on feel.
    ie, it feels the same as their Verizon direct service.

There was a post here though where they had numbers and PP matched Verizon, though neither number was spectacular.

The question then becomes, which way is it supposed to be behaving?
    That's the one bit of info we are least likely to actually get.
    MVNOs in general are tight lipped and vague when they actually do say something.

Carrier(s)
    Selectel Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Galaxy s4
    Is what I used 4 test

Have your phone upgraded to the new 4G service on Selectel MUHAMUHAMUHA

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wardcst View Post
    Galaxy s4
    Is what I used 4 test

Okay. Thanks for the update.

Sent from my LG Gł™ (Metallic Black) on Verizon Wireless Prepaid Fastest LTE/XLTE Network!!!

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Speed Test with PagPlus Sim Card on a Samsung Galaxy S3 from Palm Springs, CA around 8:56pm
    3.34 down and 0.81 up, Ping 41

so this is consistent with everybody else. PagePlus should come clean and just say upfront that LTE speeds are throttled below 4 Mbps.

At least people can make an informed decision if they want to go with throttled PP speeds or something else.

Not complaining just happy that I can use any newer Android phone without flashing and only paying $29.95 a month

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BuonaDomenica View Post
    Speed Test with PagPlus Sim Card on a Samsung Galaxy S3 from Palm Springs, CA around 8:56pm
    3.34 down and 0.81 up, Ping 41

so this is consistent with everybody else. PagePlus should come clean and just say upfront that LTE speeds are throttled below 4 Mbps.

At least people can make an informed decision if they want to go with throttled PP speeds or something else.

Not complaining just happy that I can use any newer Android phone without flashing and only paying $29.95 a month
    Okay. Thanks for the update on Page Plus LTE speeds in your area. Viper seems to be very consistent with his speed result. But GPz1100 reported that the LTE speeds from Page Plus in his area are 6Mbps. I'm sure Page Plus wouldn't limit just West coast and East coast. Question do you have a Verizon Wireless postpaid or prepaid LTE SIM card to test?

Sent from my LG Gł™ (Metallic Black) on Verizon Wireless Prepaid Fastest LTE/XLTE Network!!!

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    High speed around here was short lived. I'm getting ~3mbps now all over town too and barely 1mbps on the upload. This is 3G + .001% octane boost with a bit of engine detonation. Very visible in the speed test graph plots. It starts out quick until QOS kicks in.

The saving grace can be considered access to current phones. Maybe different speed tiered plans will be made available at some point in the future.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    High speed around here was short lived. I'm getting ~3mbps now all over town too and barely 1mbps on the upload. This is 3G + .001% octane boost with a bit of engine detonation. Very visible in the speed test graph plots. It starts out quick until QOS kicks in.

The saving grace can be considered access to current phones. Maybe different speed tiered plans will be made available at some point in the future.

Yikes... So, is it safe to say it's official that Page Plus LTE speeds are limited to 3.5Mbps? We have testing from West coast, East coast, Central and South.
    Last edited by battmann; 10-07-2014 at 02:13 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Selectel Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by battmann View Post
    Yikes... So, is it safe to say it's official that Page Plus LTE speeds are limited to 3.5Mbps? We have testing from West coast, East coast, Central and South.
    Yep and pleased as hell with it way faster than 3g was in my area all newer phones with out flashing with stock mms
    I see it as apositive you see it as a negitive
    This is not the Verizon Prepaid forum
    Nor are we trying to be we are PagePlus people in a pageplus forum tring to HELP each other

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Exactly right Wardcst! Batt Mann needs to find a new hobby. His posts are of no use to pageplus users.

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast