Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: LTE now "live"

Device(s)
    LG Gł™ (Metallic Black) and HTC One® M8 (Gunmetal)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless. The Fastest, 4G LTE/XLTE Prepaid Network!!!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wardcst View Post
    Yep and pleased as hell with it way faster than 3g was in my area all newer phones with out flashing with stock mms
    I see it as apositive you see it as a negitive
    This is not the Verizon Prepaid forum
    Nor are we trying to be we are PagePlus people in a pageplus forum tring to HELP each other

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    Uh... As I mentioned before I'm not bashing Page Plus. I thought when Page Plus would get LTE access it would have been like the other MVNO's. I'll just wait and see if Straight talk or Net10 gets this same speeds once granted LTE access. I'm sure people who were hoping for higher speeds would be disappointed and others who don't care about speeds are okay with it. But if they are giving only 3.5Mbps speeds without tower congestion, imagine when they are, what would the speeds be?

Sent from my LG Gł™ (Metallic Black) on Verizon Wireless Prepaid Fastest LTE/XLTE Network!!!
    "Fools trade their SOULS for gold in an attempt to take hold of things they can't control."

-------LG Gł™ (Metallic Black) ---------HTC One® M8 (Gunmetal)

ONLY VERIZON WIRELESS. THE FASTEST, 4G LTE/XLTE PREPAID NETWORK!

-------Primary FREE Wi-Fi ----Secondary FREE Wi-Fi (For my Guests)

Device(s)
    Moto G4 (unlocked, rooted)
    Carrier(s)
    Big Red (post paid)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by battmann View Post
    But if they are giving only 3.5Mbps speeds without tower congestion, imagine when they are, what would the speeds be?
    Regardless of speeds, the influx of both Verizon's own prepaid along with mvno's now on LTE is going to cause at least some congestion. There are plenty of places that had huge congestion during peak hours without the added strain of all these additional users, and Verizon has never been happy or quick about upgrading infrastructure to support the network. I'm guessing the lower speeds for mvno's is a two pronged attack to both limit the attractiveness of the lower price models as well as mitigate some of the network issues.

Carrier(s)
    Selectel Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Still better than 3g I would imagine.
    I rarely use mobile data.
    Wifi I am pulling over 30 so no point.
    So I rarely use my 500 mb
    Works for me plus when I decide to switch phone's just pop sim in and away I go.
    Speed is not a issue for most prepay customers. Nice but why pay extra for what is free over wifi.
    Guess I made 20 then 50 mb of data last when that was all we got so 4g is not a issue for me.
    4.3 mbs is still better than the 1 to 1.6
    That I got on 3g
    If speed was a issue I would go to postpaid but it is not for me.
    I am enjoying a smatphone for $30 a month which I have been doing for years
    I was paying more for a dumb phone plan on verizon with 250 minutes.
    Most on here know there options and make the choice of carrier and speed based on there needs not there wants.
    Just my thoughts.......
    Have your phone upgraded to the new 4G service on Selectel MUHAMUHAMUHA

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhoneX4, P+X2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX2, R+, AV, Ting
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    The saving grace can be considered access to current phones.
    Yep and pleased as hell with it way faster than 3g was in my area all newer phones with out flashing with stock mms
    With all these reports about low speeds, to me the main argument of not allowing newer LTE phones on the $12 and Standard plan because people should pay a premium by subscribing to a higher plan in order to benefit from the LTE network doesn't make any sense anymore.

I wonder if it was VZW or PagePlus itself who put that restriction in place.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davew1950 View Post
    I just received an e-mail from a Page Plus dealer that he has received the Sims and will be mailing out pre-orders today and tomorrow. He will send me shipping info once my sim is shipped. I believe this dealer is affiliated with the unnamed dealer mentioned by tracnet.
    Is this dealer a she or a he? Or a he who most people think is a she? Is that it?

Carrier(s)
    Cricket & PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracnet View Post
    I just talked with a PPC dealer out of Florida and they claim to have PPC 4G Sim cards on-hand and are currently activating customers on PPC 4g. They said the store is crazy busy today. They have them listed on their website at $2.50 with a very deep discounted first month on all the PPC plans. I believe this dealer has been mentioned in the refill thread at the top of this forum. I will not name them here until I get mod approval. I questioned this dealer over and over and he swears he is activating right now on PPC 4g with PPC 4g sim cards on hand!

EDIT: I took a look at the refill thread and I do not think this place has been mentioned there.
    Quote Originally Posted by davew1950 View Post
    I just received an e-mail from a Page Plus dealer that he has received the Sims and will be mailing out pre-orders today and tomorrow. He will send me shipping info once my sim is shipped. I believe this dealer is affiliated with the unnamed dealer mentioned by tracnet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie500 View Post
    Is this dealer a she or a he? Or a he who most people think is a she? Is that it?
    lol....The dealer I referred to in my post is not the he/she/it dealer that I believe that you are referring to. I do not believe that is who davew1950 was referring to either. (I've never understood the need for all that deception by the he/she/it dealer. The gender thing is just the tip of the iceberg.)

Device(s)
    LG G6, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    4.38 on pageplus sim 19.22 Verizon sim
    NE South Dakota
    I am very happy new devices without flashing

Exactly.

As much as pfoneguy thinks it's an "excuse" referencing the ability to use top flight phones it isn't. Ask him if he'd be happy with those speeds on a budget Sprint MVNO.

Your getting Verizons native coverage, a good selection of phones along with data speeds that will suffice for most tasks. Let's face it, it must be all about Verizon otherwise Cricket has some real attractive options.

The carriers have done a remarkable job of brainwashing the general public with the perception of how important 4G LTE is.

I thought about the 29.00 plan for my wife but since Sprint works well both at home and my place in Florida, I'll keep her on my friends Framily plan for 25.00 a month with an additional .5GB of data.

I've recommend PagePlus often to people, it's now become better even if the speeds are capped.
    4.38 on pageplus sim 19.22 Verizon sim
    NE South Dakota
    I am very happy new devices without flashing

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jairzinho View Post
    With all these reports about low speeds, to me the main argument of not allowing newer LTE phones on the $12 and Standard plan because people should pay a premium by subscribing to a higher plan in order to benefit from the LTE network doesn't make any sense anymore.

I wonder if it was VZW or PagePlus itself who put that restriction in place.
    I don't know if there's an income difference to dealers, but the monthly income per user to Page Plus is likely higher on the $30 and up monthly plans compared to the excluded plans. Until there's a reason to suggest otherwise, I consider it reasonable to guess the restriction was likely a Page Plus decision. Maybe they anticipated problems and wanted to try to limit the initial access, since the higher income might help offset any support costs. It's clear-enough that there's a gap between the $12 and $30 plans that Page Plus does not care to fill, so maybe they were just rewarding $30 plan users and wanted to encourage a few users to upgrade for newer phones. Anyway, until other Verizon MVNOs get LTE access it's all a guessing game. I doubt if this sort of 3G / 4G service split will be common across various service providers, so I figure something will eventually change for Page Plus in the future. If the $12 plan is a hot seller as suggested by one dealer, then at some point I would expect a trickle down, since it doesn't make much sense to drop a product that people buy. Personally I'm waiting to see what Selectel and other service providers offer with LTE access.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracnet View Post
    lol....The dealer I referred to in my post is not the he/she/it dealer that I believe that you are referring to. I do not believe that is who davew1950 was referring to either. (I've never understood the need for all that deception by the he/she/it dealer. The gender thing is just the tip of the iceberg.)
    Tracnet is correct. I was referring to a fairly new dealer, connected to a dealer out of Florida.

I received my sim yesterday and ported into pageplus last evening for a total cost of $11.98 (includes 1st month on the $29.95 plan. Can't beat that!

Everything is running smooth. Very happy.

Carrier(s)
    Selectel Wireless
    Feedback Score
    New port in pulling 5.3 on lg 4g phone

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Still 3.5Mbps here on a LG G3 here, same phone on Verizon contract sim card is pulling 34 Mbps

Feedback Score
    I got the opportunity to test Page Plus LTE this morning (~11 am) in Western North Carolina, along side my daughter's postpaid Verizon service. The PP sim was in a Droid RAZR and my daughter uses a Note 3. PP = 3.55 down / 1.42 up. VZW 9.42 down / 8.68 up.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Big Red (post paid)
    Feedback Score
    I'm actually one of those who is okay with the idea of the throttled speeds. With such small amounts of data most people use on PPC, it really seems like a non-issue. How many 1080p HD Netflix movies can you watch on even the biggest 3GB plan anyways? One? (Answer: Zero. It takes 4.7GB/hour to stream 1080p according to this website http://gizmodo.com/you-can-burn-thro...-in-1524579598). It just doesn't seem like it would be a big deal for the folks who've been waiting a long time to use the newer phones.

If and when everything smoothes out, I may try the LTE waters again and get a few PPC sims for me an the wife's Bionics. I can always force the phone back to 3G if things haven't changed.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SmilingBob View Post
    I can always force the phone back to 3G if things haven't changed.
    That could change in the comming months...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Big Red (post paid)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    That could change in the comming months...
    I thought Verizon was going to keep CDMA until at least 2020 or so?

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast