Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Page Plus 4G LTE Activation Information, Upgrading, and Compatibility

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    True. I wasn't thinking in terms of stores, but of their respective websites.
    All good to know! Thanks!

Feedback Score
    So I got a Total Wireless Moto e and activated it on PPC today. The activation went ok and I can send & receive calls, but I'm having problems with SMS. While I can send SMS text messages to my contacts, I can't receive ANY texts. Not from my contacts and also not the verification codes that my apps try to send to verify my phone. Also, texts to Page Plus for balance verification does NOTHING.

Page Plus says it's a Moto issue. What do I do???!! Ughhhh

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Did you have an old phone? If so, what was it?

Feedback Score
    Before the Moto e, I had an LG Premier Pro. That's the one that fell and stopped charging. So I dug out an ancient LG Fiesta to tide me over. Both the LGs were purchased from the PPC store. This Moto e is from Amazon.

I googled the issue and it appears to be a common problem (SMS issues, either NOT sending or NOT receiving SMS) for Motorola phones. Really?!! Motorola's support FAQs actually has this issue documented and they state to contact Verizon and request them to switch the SIM card to "CDMA less" ?!! This is a nightmare.

I want to get an iPhone SE but I want the new model due in 2022. No more Android. Yuck!

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Which Moto E did you get then? It sounds like an unlocked model tho.

I have CDMA-less phones on Straight Talk and Total Wireless, and I have had no issue. Straight Talk and Total Wireless are sister companies to PagePlus. If you want to know, I have Galaxy A50, Galaxy A51, and LG Classic Flip which are all CDMA-less phones, and they do not have these issue.

You could get a Tracfone, Total Wireless, or Straight Talk model phones, and it should work as long as it has a Verizon based SIM in it.

If you want to know why CDMA-less Verizon phones is out there is Verizon is dropping their CDMA network.

Feedback Score
    If your phones model is XT2052DL it's likely not cdma-less. I think only some unique Verizon sold models are.
    I've used cdma-less phone sims in cdma phones and vice versa; no issues.

Feedback Score
    Thank you both once again! But PagePlus finally fixed the issue (after like ... 5 calls and speaking to FIVE different reps about this issue over 48 hours .... UGHHHHH).

So the rep who told me that I should contact Motorola to troubleshoot the issue was WRONG! Turns out that PPC "didn't activate some features" when the Moto e was activated, which is why I couldn't receive texts.

I guess all's well that ends well?! We'll see! I still can't wait for the iPhone SE in 2022. I'll check back in with you guys about getting one direct from the Apple store that would be ... PPC compatible.

Feedback Score
    I got the XT2052DL, "locked" to Total Wireless.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10