Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nexus Jumps The Shark

Carrier(s)
    Telus $70/20GB (with family discount)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PaisanNYC View Post
    I forget about you Canadians and the horrible taxes you pay up there.
    $799 CAD is actually the before-tax price quoted for the 64 GB Nexus 6.
    My mobile memoirs — free ebook available here.
    My HoFo feedback... is that still a thing?

Device(s)
    Unlocked Rogers Blackberry Q10 | LG Nexus-4 | Samsung Nexus-S
    Carrier(s)
    Fido | Rogers Prepaid | LycaMobile US | Bell | T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I think that unlike with the previous versions of Nexus where I believe a lot of people were willing to purchase this phone off-contract (I was one of those people), with the Nexus-6 people will get it on contract and even fewer people will get it off contract.

This is just my personal feelings.
    Unlimited Fido Data Plan: Netgear Aircard LTE Mobile Hotspot

My Tech Blog

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lmcjipo View Post
    with the Nexus-6 people will get it on contract and even fewer people will get it off contract.
    That seems like Google's strategy this time around. For the first time ever, a Nexus phone is actually going to work with ALL the major American carriers, which I seriously doubt is a coincidence.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lmcjipo View Post
    I think that unlike with the previous versions of Nexus where I believe a lot of people were willing to purchase this phone off-contract (I was one of those people), with the Nexus-6 people will get it on contract and even fewer people will get it off contract.
    This strategy won't work in Canada.

As of last year, the CRTC, (a regulatory agency in Canada for broadcasting and telecommunications) made it mandatory for cellular carriers to move to 2 year price plans over the previous 3 which has always been the case. This was a very tactful move on the part of the CRTC which for the most part, favors the cellular carriers. The result is the carriers (big 3) jacking up their prices significantly and unjustly.

For any hardware upgrades, carriers now require the user to upgrade their plan. AFAIK, the minimum now is to a $80 plan from $50 and considerable lower hardware subsidizes. For that reason, many folks in Canada are buying their devices and keeping their existing plans that are contract free.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    Not to be too picky but a note on resolution nomenclature

qHD (with a lowercase q) had previously been used to describe quarter-HD screens (960x540 such as on the HTC Sensation, Moto E and many others).

Hence Quad HD is usually written QHD with a capital Q to differentiate two resolutions that are 16-fold apart.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    In the USA, T-Mobile is giving away the Nexus 6 on a two year plan. Apparently, this is Google's strategy to get the Nexus on as many carriers as possible and have the carriers subsidize it as the cost to buy outright is expensive for a Nexus device.

Device(s)
    Google Pixel XL, Huawei Pixel 6P, Moto Nexus 6, LG Nexus 5, Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GVRD777 View Post
    In the USA, T-Mobile is giving away the Nexus 6 on a two year plan. Apparently, this is Google's strategy to get the Nexus on as many carriers as possible and have the carriers subsidize it as the cost to buy outright is expensive for a Nexus device.
    Nice try. T-Mobile USA doesn't do contracts anymore.
    Last edited by Popasmurf; 10-28-2014 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Removed offending words

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Nice try. T-Mobile USA doesn't do contracts anymore.
    Really? http://www.christiantoday.com/articl...v.12/41991.htm
    http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news/t-...s-november.htm
    Last edited by Popasmurf; 10-28-2014 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Removed offending words

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Keep the thread ON Topic. Any more insults from anyone and I'll lock the thread.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    In the USA, T-Mobile is giving away the Nexus 6 on a two year plan.
    Still waiting for you to show me where it says T-Mobile USA is "giving away" the Nexus 6. Zero down does not equate "giving away". T-Mobile USA is offering the consumer to pay off the total cost of the phone ($649.92) in equal monthly, interest-free payments of $27.08. Equipment Installment Plans are not contracts.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Mobile Website
    The Nexus 6 by Motorola will join T-Mobile’s stellar device lineup on November 12 for $0 down (and $27.08 a month for 24 months on our Equipment Installment Plan).

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Popasmurf View Post
    Keep the thread ON Topic. Any more insults from anyone and I'll lock the thread.
    The other member calling me an alcoholic isn't an insult. My liver cries for me on the weekends :-D No harm no foul. Just a message board. I ain't mad lol

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Still waiting for you to show me where it says T-Mobile USA is "giving away" the Nexus 6. Zero down does not equate "giving away". T-Mobile USA is offering the consumer to pay off the total cost of the phone ($649.92) in equal monthly, interest-free payments of $27.08. Equipment Installment Plans are not contracts.
    I am sorry, one can't be any clearer than the post in the Christian today" Nexus 6 pre-order: T-Mobile offers phone for free starting Nov. 12". Maybe to you the caption doesn't read free, but it does to me.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I am sorry, one can't be any clearer than the post in the Christian today" Nexus 6 pre-order: T-Mobile offers phone for free starting Nov. 12". Maybe to you the caption doesn't read free, but it does to me.
    Unfortunately, the religious blog you quoted is incorrect. Did you read the T-Mobile Press Release that YOU linked to?

Quote Originally Posted by T-Mobile PR
    The Nexus 6 by Motorola will join T-Mobile’s stellar device lineup on November 12 for $0 down (and $27.08 a month for 24 months on our Equipment Installment Plan).

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Unfortunately, the religious blog you quoted is incorrect. Did you read the T-Mobile Press Release that YOU linked to?
    It is not a religious blog, it is a piece of garbage where they make stuff up to get click-throughs for banner ads. Not trustworthy at all, and a waste of time to read. I don't know why Google Now always has a card from them.
    I don't feel like a thread-killer...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kirt View Post
    It is not a religious blog, it is a piece of garbage where they make stuff up to get click-throughs for banner ads. Not trustworthy at all, and a waste of time to read. I don't know why Google Now always has a card from them.
    Google Now has some cards regarding Nexus devices from some really obscure sites with, ironically, horribly untrue statements lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast