I don't feel like a thread-killer...

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    - Galaxy S10 (T-Mobile / 128GB / Black)
    Twitter | Homepage

Feedback Score
    Excellent results!

And they already announced they met their 2014 LTE target early and set a new target for the end of 2015:

"Already reached year-end goal of covering 250 million Americans – targeting 300 million in 2015"

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    For people that are too lazy:
    Third Quarter 2014 Highlights:

Biggest growth quarter in T-Mobile’s history:
    Best quarter ever of branded postpaid net adds – 1.4 million
    Branded postpaid phone net adds more than doubled quarter-over-quarter to 1.2 million
    Branded prepaid net adds up more than four times quarter-over-quarter to 411,000
    10 million total customers added over the last 6 quarters – 2.3 million in the third quarter alone
    Service revenues grew 10.6% year-over-year to $5.7 billion
    Best ever Average Billings Per User (ABPU) of $61.59, up 4.2% year-over-year
    Adjusted EBITDA of $1.35 billion, flat year-over-year, impacted by record customer growth
    With the fastest nationwide 4G LTE network:
    Already reached year-end goal of covering 250 million Americans – targeting 300 million in 2015
    Aggressively rolling out Wideband LTE and 4G LTE on 700 MHz A-Block and 1900 MHz PCS spectrum
    Continue to lead the industry in innovation:
    Un-carrier 7.0 – Wi-Fi Un-leashed: first US carrier to adopt Wi-Fi calling across all its new smartphones
    iPhone 6: T-Mobile’s biggest device launch ever
    Expect strong finish in 2014:
    Guidance range for branded postpaid net adds increased significantly to 4.3 to 4.7 million
    Guidance range for Adjusted EBITDA unchanged at $5.6 to $5.8 billion

EDIT:
    Total customers at the end of the third quarter of 2014 were 52.9 million.

Woohoo! I bet we are surpassing Sprint now!
    WiFi Guru

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    "Over 40 markets, including Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Philadelphia, Portland, Seattle, San Francisco and Washington, D.C., are the first of what will soon be many to get LTE on our 1900 MHz PCS spectrum and the team has been making huge progress in preparing our network for our recently acquired low-band 700 MHz A-Block spectrum with our first sites already on air." Source

In what way will band 2 LTE be used in places where band 4 LTE exists? Just an alternative to try and ease congestion?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Happy for tmobile. Tmobile came from behind and is catching up to surpass sprint. Sprints network vision is a network joke. Tmobile must be paying their engineers really well.

What's sprints Q3 numbers?

via the HoFo App
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________

Speed achieved using T-Mobile Samsung GS2

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by besweeet View Post
    "Over 40 markets, including Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Philadelphia, Portland, Seattle, San Francisco and Washington, D.C., are the first of what will soon be many to get LTE on our 1900 MHz PCS spectrum and the team has been making huge progress in preparing our network for our recently acquired low-band 700 MHz A-Block spectrum with our first sites already on air." Source

In what way will band 2 LTE be used in places where band 4 LTE exists? Just an alternative to try and ease congestion?
    Maybe like how verizon is using AWS to ease congestion. But for tmobile it will provide better coverage. I take it that tmobile will program their phones to mainly use pcs and AWS Lte, but when signal degrades the phones will switch to 700 Lte

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile US, Inc. Q4 2014 Earnings Report, February 19, 2015

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's really cool how they plan on using PCS LTE even in cities. Even just using 5x5MHz on PCS would give them additional capacity of 100+Mbps per tower (assuming three sectors per tower). That's not even counting 700MHz.

Maybe 1900MHz and 700MHz LTE will help out those Disneyland visitors.
    Carriers I've used: Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket, AT&T, Verizon, Page Plus, Virgin Mobile, Movistar, AT&T Mexico, Telcel, Straight Talk, RingPlus.
    Phones I've used: iPhone 6S, iPhone 5c, HTC One M9, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG G2, BlackBerry Storm, Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Feedback Score
    I wonder if some type of Carrier Aggregation may also be in the mix. Also I wonder what type work if any would be required to enable LTE on the PCS Spectrum in these cities that already have LTE on AWS?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremepH View Post
    I wonder if some type of Carrier Aggregation may also be in the mix. Also I wonder what type work if any would be required to enable LTE on the PCS Spectrum in these cities that already have LTE on AWS?
    A lot of places won't be able to use pcs Lte until tmobile refarms their pcs spectrum. In NYC tmobile would have to reallocate some pcs spectrum in order to use Lte.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Lol you mean to tell me tmobile is gonna add another LTE carrier in Seattle when I already get speeds near 100mbps? I freakin love tmobile lol plus band 2 should have even better building penetration. Now I just need a phone to support the networks full potential here in Seattle.

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Excellent results!

And they already announced they met their 2014 LTE target early and set a new target for the end of 2015:

"Already reached year-end goal of covering 250 million Americans – targeting 300 million in 2015"
    300 million by 2015?!?
    That means the Sensorly maps and the reported sightings on this forum are behind.
    Based on the Sensorly and other crowd sourcing coverage maps, that T-Mobile has made significant progress and stuck to its word.

Quote Originally Posted by XtremepH View Post
    Both NSN and Ericsson mentioned that they will be working with T-Mobile to deploy carrier aggregation, however it seems that "Wideband LTE" will deliver the best results in the mean time considering that devices released within the last 2 years won't be able to support carrier aggregation. Depending on the location, they will further reduce the available channels on 2G/GSM or start using the PCS band from the former CDMA network of MetroPCS for LTE.

At least in California, it appears that the entire CDMA network from MetroPCS is permanently turned off. A week has passed since I noticed the disappearance of the CDMA network and hasn't returned. It looks like the PCS spectrum is being primed for either HSPA+ or LTE.
    Last edited by i0wnj00; 10-28-2014 at 12:27 AM.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by besweeet View Post

It sounds like that this will be the case with Band 2, much like what AT&T does now and what Verizon Wireless will start doing next year. I heard Sprint will do this as well, however their rate of conversion might be more limited since don't appear to own much in the way of PCS spectrum. I think Band 2 LTE will be the next common band in use, after AWS.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus, Galaxy S6, Nexus 5, Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Band 2 seems to be rolling out to support the capacity demand as well! I'm not sure if it's being rolled out within the densely populated areas yet, or it's initially targeted at the rural/suburban outskirts of those metro areas. Need more clarity on that one.

But nonetheless, this is a major development in their network strategy! We may be seeing three layers of T-Mobile LTE in some markets! Who would've thought that a small T-Mobile could pull this off two years ago?! This is beyond anyone's wildest dreams.
    Verizon Wireless 20Mhz FDD LTE

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast