Thread: concerned agent

Feedback Score

concerned agent

Just realized the edge maximum installment went down. for example we used to get 700 for an iphone 6 on edge now its 650. seems like ever phone went down by $50 buckaroos. anybody know anything? are they still charging us the finance fees on our commissions?

Feedback Score
    Only iPhones changed. They went back up $10. I still don't understand though. Right now the maximum is right at our cost. After they take their 5% were at a loss after a chargeback which we aren't supposed to be and make less than a 2 year contract.

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwinagent View Post
    Only iPhones changed. They went back up $10. I still don't understand though. Right now the maximum is right at our cost. After they take their 5% were at a loss after a chargeback which we aren't supposed to be and make less than a 2 year contract.

via the HoFo App
    Are there charge backs on edge? I'm curious because DM told me that there wasn't.

Feedback Score
    Wow that sucks but your right back up by 10 so less 40 overall ,can some throw a dog a bone,lol

Feedback Score

concerned agent

Quote Originally Posted by ItnStln View Post
    Are there charge backs on edge? I'm curious because DM told me that there wasn't.
    We are charged back the "commission" portion but not the device reimbursement portion. But now with iPhones the device reimbursement portion is actually less than we pay for the device once they take their 5% out they keep. That makes us dependent on part of the commission to even break even. So in the event of a chargeback we're in the hole on Edge iPhones around $35 or so.

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    We are charged back the "commission" portion but not the device reimbursement portion. But now with iPhones the device reimbursement portion is actually less than we pay for the device once they take their 5% out they keep. That makes us dependent on part of the commission to even break even. So in the event of a chargeback we're in the hole on Edge iPhones around $35 or so.

via the HoFo App
    That's crazy. Why is Verizon changing the payments?

Feedback Score
    I'd like to know what's behind this as well. I find it quite odd. I'm wondering if it has something to do with keeping Apple pricing uniform and not really supposed to allow us to charge say $699 or $700 when Apple and Verizon charge $649 for the device. Apple pricing is odd.

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'd like to know what's behind this as well. I find it quite odd. I'm wondering if it has something to do with keeping Apple pricing uniform and not really supposed to allow us to charge say $699 or $700 when Apple and Verizon charge $649 for the device. Apple pricing is odd.

via the HoFo App
    It is just the iPhone pricing being changed, correct? I've not looked at the whole sheet since the formatting is weird on my phone.

Feedback Score
    Got forbid they increase it by 50 bucks lol. I was told they would like to see edge activations at around 50 percent. We're at 30 now and sweatin bullets. But I have been in this business since 1997 and seen worse. Now onto the Droid turbo early edge bashing, brewhahaaaa. Can someone say zero inventory

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    You know you could just say for the iphone 6 that Edge is a little different. $100 up front in store and that includes sales tax and set up. Then finance the max amount.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Downtown View Post
    You know you could just say for the iphone 6 that Edge is a little different. $100 up front in store and that includes sales tax and set up. Then finance the max amount.
    Yes but makes even more setup for POS and people usually know Edge is nothing up front. Even charging sales tax causes issues with some people.

via the HoFo App