Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile DOMESTIC ROAMING Thread

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Cool T-Mobile DOMESTIC ROAMING Thread

I've seen a thread where people talk about their T-Mobile international data experiences, but I have not been able to find one where they talk about domestic roaming locations, problems, speeds, screenshots, carriers, etc.... I'm quite curious to see if anyone has had as many issues roaming as I have. I live in Tallahassee, and just north going into Georgia is practically all roaming (Via T-Mobile Map) and I have not been able to connect to AT&T which is the roaming partner on highway 27 and all around Bainbridge, GA.

I called tech support a month ago, have tried on 4 different phones and 2 different SIM cards and still am unable to roam. My plan is the Simple Choice with unlimited high speed data, and have domestic roaming capabilities. T-Mobile cannot figure out why I can't roam.

T-Mobile's network department got in touch with me to further assist and ask me questions, they called back a few days later to say I should be able to roam.... still I cannot. Finally a woman from the AT&T roaming department called me today and told me to go to the area and she will read what my SIM card is saying on her end and she said my phone didn't even attempt to connect according to her computer, even though I manually searched and selected AT&T as my carrier.

The phone just sat there displaying "No Service"..... she said she will look into it further.

Again, let this be a domestic roaming experiences thread!! I'm excited to hear of others experiences and see who they've been roaming on throughout different parts of the country.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA, Vodafone ES
    Feedback Score
    Recent roaming experience on Union Telephone in Wyoming and parts of Utah... full speed, un-throttled, un-capped data roaming on their HSPA network.

Feedback Score
    Was on train going from western to eastern washington, so through the mountains. Roamed on att edge for a little while, but had no service for long portion of the trip. Pretty sure att also didn't have service in these locations however

Feedback Score
    Cellular One in Arizona also has uncapped, unlimited HSPA. Seems like T-Mobile is moving further and further away from their domestic data roaming limits.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drir1990 View Post
    Cellular One in Arizona also has uncapped, unlimited HSPA. Seems like T-Mobile is moving further and further away from their domestic data roaming limits.
    Man I hope so. They really shouldn't enforce those limits on regional carriers who face the same struggle against the duopoly.

(In other words those regional carriers need to quit asking for high domestic rates or they deserve to die / get bought out)
    iPhone XS:
    Verizon February UDP (Physical Sim)
    AT&T Unlimited Plus (E-SIM)

iPad Pro 10.5:
    Verizon February UDP

Rural Internet:
    Nighthawk HW1.0 LTE on AT&T Unlimited Plus
    Don’t cheap out on your cables!!!
    Years of struggle to get good speeds on a crap signal
    All solved with some quality LMR400 cables
    (went from 1-6mbps to 20-60mbps!!!)

AT&T Fiber

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile DOMESTIC ROAMING Thread

Quote Originally Posted by teedawgg View Post
    I've seen a thread where people talk about their T-Mobile international data experiences, but I have not been able to find one where they talk about domestic roaming locations, problems, speeds, screenshots, carriers, etc.... I'm quite curious to see if anyone has had as many issues roaming as I have. I live in Tallahassee, and just north going into Georgia is practically all roaming (Via T-Mobile Map) and I have not been able to connect to AT&T which is the roaming partner on highway 27 and all around Bainbridge, GA.

I called tech support a month ago, have tried on 4 different phones and 2 different SIM cards and still am unable to roam. My plan is the Simple Choice with unlimited high speed data, and have domestic roaming capabilities. T-Mobile cannot figure out why I can't roam.

T-Mobile's network department got in touch with me to further assist and ask me questions, they called back a few days later to say I should be able to roam.... still I cannot. Finally a woman from the AT&T roaming department called me today and told me to go to the area and she will read what my SIM card is saying on her end and she said my phone didn't even attempt to connect according to her computer, even though I manually searched and selected AT&T as my carrier.

The phone just sat there displaying "No Service"..... she said she will look into it further.

Again, let this be a domestic roaming experiences thread!! I'm excited to hear of others experiences and see who they've been roaming on throughout different parts of the country.
    fyi, T-Mobile rarely allows AT&T roaming. They really should change their policy in this area, even if it's just for voice.

It's obscene that T-Mobile will not allow its customers to use roaming voice on all domestic GSM carriers (specifically AT&T).

They need to enable voice roaming on all of AT&T's network or at least give us the option to purchase that roaming for an additional cost (even if it is billed per minute). I shouldn't have to carry a spare AT&T sim just for voice.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brobot View Post
    fyi, T-Mobile rarely allows AT&T roaming. They really should change their policy in this area, even if it's just for voice.

It's obscene that T-Mobile will not allow its customers to use roaming voice on all domestic GSM carriers (specifically AT&T).

They need to enable voice roaming on all of AT&T's network or at least give us the option to purchase that roaming for an additional cost (even if it is billed per minute). I shouldn't have to carry a spare AT&T sim just for voice.
    I thought this as well. Just like how Verizon/Sprint customers always have access to CDMA signal. I wouldn't mind if all I could do was call and text, it just worries me that when I'm on a highway in an area T-Mobile has no signal, what happens if I need to call AAA or something?!

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1415328121.529386.jpg
Views: 5887
Size:  42.9 KBName:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1415328138.187908.jpg
Views: 5924
Size:  17.8 KB

And this is where I was. Phone wouldn't let me roam even though T-Mobile says this is the partner in the area

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by teedawgg View Post
    I thought this as well. Just like how Verizon/Sprint customers always have access to CDMA signal. I wouldn't mind if all I could do was call and text, it just worries me that when I'm on a highway in an area T-Mobile has no signal, what happens if I need to call AAA or something?!

via the HoFo App
    Exactly, this is a huge pain point for me.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, wife S10
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    1. If you have a cell signal, you can always call 911.
    2. ATT charges prohibitive roaming rates to TM if TM allows roaming on ATT. TM is trying to get the govt to resolve this. TM users can roam in 120 countries overseas, but can't in U.S. ATT probably figures TM users will switch to them if they don't allow roaming.
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    8 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. TM One plan. Get $10/mo. rebate on 7 lines for low data use. Net cost about $185-190/mo. We haven't had a landline in more than 17 years.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethaler View Post
    1. If you have a cell signal, you can always call 911.
    2. ATT charges prohibitive roaming rates to TM if TM allows roaming on ATT. TM is trying to get the govt to resolve this. TM users can roam in 120 countries overseas, but can't in U.S. ATT probably figures TM users will switch to them if they don't allow roaming.
    Yeah but how often are you gonna call 911, it's good that it always is available though. But yes I hope this does get resolved.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score

What's obscene is that AT&T charges $330 per 100 mb of roaming though it is supposed to come down to the obscene amount of $180 per 100 mb.

If you need AT&T coverage then you should pay for it directly by getting service from them or one of their MVNOs. It's not T-Mobile's job to pay for your roaming on AT&T.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    What's obscene is that AT&T charges $330 per 100 mb of roaming though it is supposed to come down to the obscene amount of $180 per 100 mb.

If you need AT&T coverage then you should pay for it directly by getting service from them or one of their MVNOs. It's not T-Mobile's job to pay for your roaming on AT&T.
    Right on cue

Your posts never cease to amaze me. I won't dignify this one with a real response.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post

Regardless of what you think, T-Mobile does have roaming agreements in place, and this thread is for people to post their experiences and screenshots

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drir1990 View Post
    I can attest to this, though speeds are capped/throttled at 2mb/s. On MyTmo it shows as on-network usage.

It's band 2 HSPA 14, for anyone wondering. The network is a year old and coverage is great.

Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast