Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile DOMESTIC ROAMING Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork4me View Post
    No, it's the other way around.

AT&T would not maintain the Plateau area as its own LAT, instead opting to group it in with the majority of their New Mexico network's LAT. Because of this, T-Mobile was faced with allowing AT&T roaming on a sizable portion of NM, where they had a native network, or disallowing roaming in the area entirely. T-Mobile very publicly made clear they would only choose the latter.
    Which makes sense, given those two options, and T-Mobile's fairly widespread coverage in that area anyways. I don't see many areas where they would really need Plateau/AT&T roaming.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+/5/4, Moto G LTE, Nokia E63, & data devices
    Carrier(s)
    SaskTel
    Feedback Score
    The most recent map now correctly shows the lack of roaming in northeastern Montana (Plentywood-Culbertson-Scobey). AT&T used to have service here through (I believe) US Wireless which turned down its sites in this area in 2014. The only coverage now is with Nemont Wireless (former Sagebrush Cellular) which is natively CDMA/EvDO but does have some HSPA roaming (my Canadian phone roams fine on it). Hopefully T-Mobile can partner with Nemont up here at some point as it's a large chunk of territory, even if it's fairly unpopulated.
    SaskTel 306, Rogers 647 data, Rogers 306 flex tablet, Bell 519 flex tablet, Wind 587, PureTalkUSA 406, T-Mobile 716 & 347 prepaid, AT&T iPad SIM 716, T-Mobile postpaid data 619, Toggle Mobile (UK/FR/US), GiffGaff (UK)

GSM phones: Too many to list.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
    The most recent map now correctly shows the lack of roaming in northeastern Montana (Plentywood-Culbertson-Scobey). AT&T used to have service here through (I believe) US Wireless which turned down its sites in this area in 2014. The only coverage now is with Nemont Wireless (former Sagebrush Cellular) which is natively CDMA/EvDO but does have some HSPA roaming (my Canadian phone roams fine on it). Hopefully T-Mobile can partner with Nemont up here at some point as it's a large chunk of territory, even if it's fairly unpopulated.
    Nemont also has LTE, which AT&T roams onto. I'm surprised T-Mobile doesn't have LTE roaming there yet.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+/5/4, Moto G LTE, Nokia E63, & data devices
    Carrier(s)
    SaskTel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dnywlsh View Post
    Nemont also has LTE, which AT&T roams onto. I'm surprised T-Mobile doesn't have LTE roaming there yet.
    AT&T (prepaid, anyway) doesn't roam on Nemont's LTE, unfortunately. My Canadian phone (on SaskTel Mobility) does have service there but it's Nemont HSPA.

Supposedly Verizon customers can use that Nemont LTE (Nemont deployed it on Verizon spectrum in a partnership deal). I tried a Verizon iPad SIM there but while it could roam on SaskTel here in Saskatchewan, it couldn't find any service to which it could connect in Plentywood. Hopefully that changes soon; I have no useful data connectivity there at all and I can't justify a $20/month Nemont subscription.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
    AT&T (prepaid, anyway) doesn't roam on Nemont's LTE, unfortunately. My Canadian phone (on SaskTel Mobility) does have service there but it's Nemont HSPA.
    Postpaid is what I was referring to. GoPhone doesn't get roaming in all areas.

Device(s)
    S8+, S7, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Commnet data roaming has been shuttered. Commnet has posted a message for T-Mobile iPhone users that may receive error messages while connected to Commnet. Voice roaming is still working, just no data, here in northern NM. I hope they work a deal out for at least uncapped roaming, but unthrottled would be nice too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skellington.6 View Post
    Commnet data roaming has been shuttered. Commnet has posted a message for T-Mobile iPhone users that may receive error messages while connected to Commnet. Voice roaming is still working, just no data, here in northern NM. I hope they work a deal out for at least uncapped roaming, but unthrottled would be nice too.
    The full quote from their website:

"T-Mobile customers roaming on Commnet’s network may receive the error “Unable to Authenticate PDP” while attempting to access data service. This is being generated at the discretion of their home carrier. If you are experiencing this issue please contact your home carrier."
    A.k.a. - This is T-Mobile's fault. Ask them if you want data back.

Wonder why this is? Could it be cost? I didn't think Commnet charged much for roaming. Certainly not as much as AT&T does.

Device(s)
    S8+, S7, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I think they charge an arm and a leg being that they are the only cell provider in many rural communities. Data roaming was always capped at 50 mb and throttled to 64 kbps. I won't miss it anyway, it was useless.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dnywlsh View Post
    The full quote from their website:

A.k.a. - This is T-Mobile's fault. Ask them if you want data back.

Wonder why this is? Could it be cost? I didn't think Commnet charged much for roaming. Certainly not as much as AT&T does.
    If your the one with coverage, you only have to be cheaper than AT&T, doesn't mean you can't be close. Supply vs Demand. Small carriers usually don't have many cards to play with the bigger ones, that would definitely be one of them.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skellington.6 View Post
    I think they charge an arm and a leg being that they are the only cell provider in many rural communities. Data roaming was always capped at 50 mb and throttled to 64 kbps. I won't miss it anyway, it was useless.
    50MB is better than nothing, and the limit is actually higher if you have higher-tiered plans. That means that you can't even use Google Maps navigation in those areas now, since there's no data at all.

I don't think they charge as much as AT&T does. AT&T allows uncapped roaming on Commnet for their customers.

Feedback Score
    T-Mobile with their bold coverage claims leave so many areas with NO service whatsoever. I understand roaming is costly, but the fact is while many people stay mostly in the city, the time when you have to make an emergency trip to see family or want to take a spontaneous vacation you are left without anything but maybe 911 calls..

While Sprint allows roaming pretty much anywhere, T-Mobile could at least enable roaming in areas they have wide blatant no signal and impose roaming restrictions in those areas...

So John with your childish attitude and ugly haircut, how about you review your own coverage maps and look at solutions where you have no "extended range LTE" aka. Every other carrier in the US, use the wasteful money you spend on misleading advertising and provide basic service where you do not.

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1448354908.045677.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  99.0 KBName:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1448354936.179144.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  49.0 KBName:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1448354949.925302.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  44.9 KBName:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1448355018.518200.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  358.2 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wireless Junkie View Post
    how about you review your own coverage maps and look at solutions where you have no "extended range LTE" aka.
    Without band 12, it's not worth the cost to extend coverage to those remote areas. It's better for T-Mobile to lose a few customers than to spend the money on a losing cause like you advocate.

T-Mobile has had no problems adding customers even with their current coverage. It doesn't look like John is looking for any advice from you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wireless Junkie View Post
    T-Mobile with their bold coverage claims leave so many areas with NO service whatsoever. I understand roaming is costly, but the fact is while many people stay mostly in the city, the time when you have to make an emergency trip to see family or want to take a spontaneous vacation you are left without anything but maybe 911 calls.
    plenty of solutions for that problem, including paying more money with either of the duopoly either with an inexpensive phone on a backup provider or switching over completely as you like. T-mobile is doing just fine expanding coverage as it is doing, it is up to the customer to make their choices that solve their problems.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Without band 12, it's not worth the cost to extend coverage to those remote areas. It's better for T-Mobile to lose a few customers than to spend the money on a losing cause like you advocate.

T-Mobile has had no problems adding customers even with their current coverage. It doesn't look like John is looking for any advice from you.
    Well with Johns smug ugly attitude, he should have no problem offering roaming like Sprint since they are so much "better". Instead of spending time making fun of other carriers, offer basic service where you can't.

People hear 300 million covered and don't even bother to look at a coverage map. It's deceptive almost.

As far as them adding customers like crazy, I can't speak to their customers standards and expectations of basic service. If you don't expect to go to areas with weak signal, I'm sure that is the type of customer they are targeting anyways. I'm sure the ones who need coverage will realize it and make a decision to spend more and have tradeoffs.

Maybe some people do travel and find it exhilarating to be back to the early 2000's and see SOS ONLY. I felt like that with Nextel and made it just fine

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    It could be that AT&T charges higher roaming rates than Rogers, Bell, Telus, Telcel, Movistar, and the other companies that T-Mobile uses for Domestic/Mexican/Canadian roaming. I can't blame Legere for not wanting to expose himself to that. Then again the decision to reduce roaming was one that was made even before he got to T-Mobile, and Legere's way of reducing AT&T roaming is to overbuild.

It's unfortunate that we have a few Magentan ambassadors here who say "if you don't like it don't ever use it" because "wait" might work better at the pace T-Mobile is going.
    Have you read the forum rules lately?

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast