Thread: Porting an ATT number to Verizon at the Apple Store when purchasing iphone 6

Device(s)
    LG VX4400
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score

Porting an ATT number to Verizon at the Apple Store when purchasing iphone 6

I have decided the best deal for me is to buy an iphone 6 outright and get on Verizon's $45 prepaid 500mb data plan

I intent to buy the phone at the Apple Store. Reading some October postings on this forum indicated there were problems activating iphone 6's on Verizon's prepaid plan. Is that still a problem??

will Apple be able to activate and port my old wireless phone (non smartphone) ATT number to the new iphone and how long does the porting process normally take?

Is there a credit given by Verizon if you port another wireless company's number?

Thanks for your help!

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I think Apple stores are only set up to activate postpaid. Buy the phone outright and call Prepaid customer service later to port and activate. Porting from one of the other big 4 usually takes only minutes to complete.

IPhone 6's are now fully allowed. Just make sure the phone has a blank Verizon SIM with it when you leave the store.

Feedback Score
    Why not sign up for the regular $60 1GB plan and pay retail. Then you'll qualify for the $15 month to month discount and be at the same $45 and have double the data. Also no worries of a prepaid plan and if it will work.

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    LG VX4400
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwinagent View Post
    Why not sign up for the regular $60 1GB plan and pay retail. Then you'll qualify for the $15 month to month discount and be at the same $45 and have double the data. Also no worries of a prepaid plan and if it will work.

via the HoFo App
    Thanks for your reply........Will I have to pay the $650 upfront with that plan or just the $199?
    How do you get the monthly $15 discount?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by idreos View Post
    Thanks for your reply........Will I have to pay the $650 upfront with that plan or just the $199?
    How do you get the monthly $15 discount?
    You would pay the $650 up front. Just call Verizon or go to a store to apply the month to month discount. You might even be able to add the feature yourself on MyVerizon.

You could also do Edge on that plan and still get the discount making it $45 for the plan then pay the retail on your bill broke down over 24 months. It works out the same as what you want but without dishing it all out at once. Verizon also has a $150 bill credit right now if you do Edge and port in.

via the HoFo App