Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: International roaming price increase

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    60
    Feedback Score
    0

    International roaming price increase

    I appreciate the clearer explanation, but the prices have gone up. It's now $0.20 to receive SMS messages in Canada/Mexico. Looks like I'll have to go Airplane mode when traveling (I live near the CA border).



    [EDIT] I do not have the posting experience to share the link and image, can someone else?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,007
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JTM87 View Post
    I appreciate the clearer explanation, but the prices have gone up. It's now $0.20 to receive SMS messages in Canada/Mexico. Looks like I'll have to go Airplane mode when traveling (I live near the CA border).



    [EDIT] I do not have the posting experience to share the link and image, can someone else?
    choose this plan


    $55 US, Mexico and Canada Monthly



    Change to this plan


    Nationwide Calls

    Unlimited

    Calls to and from Mexico & Canada at 1¢/minute


    Nationwide Messaging

    Unlimited

    International Text

    Unlimited

    Unlimited messaging to and from Mexico & Canada plus text to 100 countries


    Data

    Data services vary depending on your device.

    see Plan Details



    Plan Details



    Details

    Service and features available for 30 days upon payment of rate plan charge, which will be automatically deducted every 30 days from your account balance.

    Calls
    Nationwide Calls:Unlimited nationwide long distance is included for all 50 states and Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Guam, and Mariana Islands. Caller Number ID, Basic/Visual Voice Mail, Three Way Calling, Call Waiting and Call Forwarding are included. Directory Assistance is $1.99/call.
    International Calls: Includes $.01/minute for calls from the U.S. to Mexico and Canada, calls made within Mexico and Canada, and calls made from Mexico and Canada to the U.S. and to select countries, listed at www.att.com/gonadp. To make international long distance calls from the U.S. to countries not included in this plan, click here for details.

    Messaging
    Nationwide Messaging: Includes unlimited text, picture, and video messaging within the 50 states and Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Guam, and Mariana Islands.
    International Messaging: Includes unlimited international text messaging from the U.S. to Mexico, Canada, and over 100 countries, listed at att.com/gophoneintltext. Also includes unlimited text, picture and video messaging while traveling in Mexico and Canada.

    Data
    Data for Smartphone: Includes 1GB of high-speed data for use in the US. Data usage exceeding the 1 GB high-speed allowance will result in reduced data speeds of up to 128 Kbps for the rest of your 30-day term. Actual speeds vary by device capability and location. A high - speed data package is available for an additional charge. If you have a capable smartphone, you can use it as a Wi-Fi hotspot to share your data with other devices.
    Data for Basic Phone: Includes 1GB of data at speeds up to 3G for use in the US. Data usage exceeding the 1 GB of data at 3G will result in reduced data speeds of up to 128 Kbps for the rest of your 30-day term. Actual speeds vary by device capability and location. A data package with speeds of up to 3G is available for an additional charge.
    International Data: An international data package is available for use of data exclusively in Mexico and Canada with this plan at a charge of $25/1GB.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    60
    Feedback Score
    0
    Not calls TO other countries, texting when WITHIN another country back to the US

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    18,874
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    The following apply when roaming in Canada or México:

    •All GoPhone customers are automatically eligible to roam in Mexico and Canada. International roaming in other countries is unavailable.
    If you have a messaging package (or are on a rate plan that includes messaging) the text, picture, or video messages you receive while roaming will be applied against the package or plan.
    •Domestic data packages and plans that contain data service do not cover any data use while roaming in Mexico and Canada.
    •If you are on a plan with a daily access fee, it will not be charged when roaming in these countries.
    Earl F. Parrish

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    583
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6 128GB (Verizon Version) on Cricket
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint & Cricket
    Feedback Score
    0
    Where did you find this plan?




    Quote Originally Posted by Elpidio View Post
    choose

    this plan


    $55 US, Mexico and Canada Monthly



    Change to this plan


    Nationwide Calls

    Unlimited

    Calls to and from Mexico & Canada at 1¢/minute


    Nationwide Messaging

    Unlimited

    International Text

    Unlimited

    Unlimited messaging to and from Mexico & Canada plus text to 100 countries


    Data

    Data services vary depending on your device.

    see Plan Details



    Plan Details



    Details

    Service and features available for 30 days upon payment of rate plan charge, which will be automatically deducted every 30 days from your account balance.

    Calls
    Nationwide Calls:Unlimited nationwide long distance is included for all 50 states and Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Guam, and Mariana Islands. Caller Number ID, Basic/Visual Voice Mail, Three Way Calling, Call Waiting and Call Forwarding are included. Directory Assistance is $1.99/call.
    International Calls: Includes $.01/minute for calls from the U.S. to Mexico and Canada, calls made within Mexico and Canada, and calls made from Mexico and Canada to the U.S. and to select countries, listed at www.att.com/gonadp. To make international long distance calls from the U.S. to countries not included in this plan, click here for details.

    Messaging
    Nationwide Messaging: Includes unlimited text, picture, and video messaging within the 50 states and Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Guam, and Mariana Islands.
    International Messaging: Includes unlimited international text messaging from the U.S. to Mexico, Canada, and over 100 countries, listed at att.com/gophoneintltext. Also includes unlimited text, picture and video messaging while traveling in Mexico and Canada.

    Data
    Data for Smartphone: Includes 1GB of high-speed data for use in the US. Data usage exceeding the 1 GB high-speed allowance will result in reduced data speeds of up to 128 Kbps for the rest of your 30-day term. Actual speeds vary by device capability and location. A high - speed data package is available for an additional charge. If you have a capable smartphone, you can use it as a Wi-Fi hotspot to share your data with other devices.
    Data for Basic Phone: Includes 1GB of data at speeds up to 3G for use in the US. Data usage exceeding the 1 GB of data at 3G will result in reduced data speeds of up to 128 Kbps for the rest of your 30-day term. Actual speeds vary by device capability and location. A data package with speeds of up to 3G is available for an additional charge.
    International Data: An international data package is available for use of data exclusively in Mexico and Canada with this plan at a charge of $25/1GB.











    via the HoFo App

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,007
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Cell View Post
    Where did you find this plan?

















    via the HoFo App

    here, scroll down to
    $50 US, Mexico Canada Monthly

    https://www.paygonline.com/websc/rateplans.html

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,938
    Feedback Score
    0
    If they include Mexico and Canada because of their physical proximity, they should add Cuba and the Bahamas!
    :-)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    18,874
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    There are Saint Pierre and Miquelon, which is a French overseas collectivity in the Saint Lawrence River. AT&T Mobility listed them as being in the Caribbean area. Even the World Telephone Numbering Guide lists them in Latin America.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,295
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    There are Saint Pierre and Miquelon, which is a French overseas collectivity in the Saint Lawrence River. AT&T Mobility listed them as being in the Caribbean area. Even the World Telephone Numbering Guide lists them in Latin America.
    Actually they are off the island of Newfoundland---which itself did not become part of Canada until the middle of the last century.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    583
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6 128GB (Verizon Version) on Cricket
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint & Cricket
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by afblangley View Post
    If they include Mexico and Canada because of their physical proximity, they should add Cuba and the Bahamas!
    :-)
    I think you are going to have to keep dreaming about Cuba. I dont think the US govt will allow any company because of the embargo


    via the HoFo App

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    583
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6 128GB (Verizon Version) on Cricket
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint & Cricket
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpidio View Post
    here, scroll down to
    $50 US, Mexico Canada Monthly

    https://www.paygonline.com/websc/rateplans.html
    Good find Elpidio, now im debating in using this plan, telcel america plus or my telcel sim. Any idea in what speeds for the $25 data package? Telcel has lte in guadalajara where im going but i dont think they allow it.

    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1416523273.821543.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  48.7 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1416523296.219739.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  77.4 KB


    via the HoFo App

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    18,874
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rfranzq View Post
    Actually they are off the island of Newfoundland---which itself did not become part of Canada until the middle of the last century.
    They are closer to the United States than many parts of Canada or Mexico.

Similar Threads

  1. ILD and International Roaming prices option
    By Tokyo in forum Tmo Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-16-2008, 09:33 PM
  2. Roaming Text Msg Price Increase
    By Exec678 in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-11-2006, 10:23 AM
  3. International Long Distance Price Increase
    By rwalford79 in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-03-2005, 04:44 PM
  4. Increased International Roaming Area
    By Verizon User in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-27-2004, 05:32 PM
  5. International Text Messaging Price Increase
    By kritch in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 147
    Last Post: 05-09-2004, 12:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks