Thread: Future Shop Black Friday Discount

Feedback Score

Future Shop Black Friday Discount

I have never dealt with Future Shop wireless so I'm hoping that some of you might be able to ease my mind. This morning I went into Future Shop to get a new iPhone 6 (64GB), that was showing on the Future Shop Flyer as $145 off the list price ($230 or so).

At first I was told that this discount only applies to the new Rogers customers, but when I mentioned that in that case I'm not interested in getting the discount I was told that actually it does apply to me (the existing Rogers customer).

I was also told that the item on my bill TAGSRA036 Rogers Trade-In discount, will also provide me with a $50 discount to use on accessories (which I did).

Two questions:
    1. Is anyone else aware if Black Friday Future Shop iPhone 6 (64GB) $145 discount applies to existing customers (there is nothing that mentions it on my bill)
    2. Is anyone aware what TAGSRA036 Rogers Trade-In Discount will provide me with a $50 discount

I was told that both of these will appear on my next Rogers bill (or in case of the TAGSRA036 it may appear later on in the future).

Can anyone confirm that this is legit?

Thanks,

Stevan

Feedback Score
    1. Generally any price from a 3rd party retailer that is lower than Rogers own pricing is for new activations only as the retailer is discounting the price right at the register. With hardware upgrades the retailer may negotiate with Rogers to have special pricing for existing customers who buy from that specific retailer. This is rare and you won't know until the bill comes as the Rogers system is not capable of printing this on the service agreement.

2. At one point Rogers was running a promo if you traded in a phone with zero value they would give you $50 anyways. Don't know if this promo is still going on and I don't think you'd get the credit if you never actually traded in a device.

Feedback Score
    Hi Stevan,

According to the Future shop site the iPhone 6 64 GB is currently $229.99 on a 2 year term for both new and existing customers. Should your bil reflect a different total, please private message us you account information here or via Faceback or Twitter and we would be more than wiling to look into this for you to help.
    Also, with our trade in program, you will receive a hardware credit that would vary depending on your device type. These credits would be applied to your account within 2 billing invoice dates. - Rogers Andre

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your response Andre. I definitely will.

Really appreciate your response

Stevan

Feedback Score
    We are always happy to help.

Thanks,

[email protected]

Feedback Score
    Hi Andrew, I am in the same situation as Stevan. I went to futurehop on blackfriday to upgrade my device to the 64gb iPhone 6 which was price at $229.99 but I was charged the regular price of the phone when I recieved my bill.

Feedback Score
    So to report, I also received my Rogers bill to show the full price. I've contacted the Future Shop and was informed that depending on how close the billing cycle was to the purchase it might not reflect in the first one. They said that it should reflect by the second one, and if it does not, I should give them a call.

Regards,

Stevan

Feedback Score

Future Shop Black Friday Discount

Quote Originally Posted by 4sb8 View Post
    So to report, I also received my Rogers bill to show the full price. I've contacted the Future Shop and was informed that depending on how close the billing cycle was to the purchase it might not reflect in the first one. They said that it should reflect by the second one, and if it does not, I should give them a call.

Regards,

Stevan
    Dear Steven, welcome to the wonderful world of being a Rogers customer. Saying one thing, then doing another or simply f---cling up the process in myriad ways, is standard.

Add future shop to the mix and you've got a real brew of poop going on there.

via the HoFo App