Thread: Does Ptel do data rounding now?

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    PTel
    Feedback Score

Does Ptel do data rounding now?

I recently switched to Paygo, and suddenly am burning through my balance at a surprising rate. I am starting to suspect they are now rounding data up to the nearing meg.

Feedback Score
    I hadn't paid any attention to my data charges because I'll probably never use the amount I top up every 60 days but you made me look. Somewhere between July and September all my data charges went from a typical $0.01 to a minimum of $0.10. I'm just now looking at my call records, painfully, 2 weeks at a time. I don't use data on a consistent basis, but I believe you may be right that they are now rounding up to 1MB instead of accruing to 1MB.

Feedback Score
    Ok, the change happened between 8/9 and 8/26. But I can't verify that they are rounding, only that the call records page now only shows full xMB usage. It could be rounding, or just streamlining the call records page. Someone that pays more attention to data than me will have to figure out which it is.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    I have a paygo line with Ptel, and one with H2O. The PTEL lines seems to be eating my balance way faster than the h2O line.

I did do a chat with PTel a few days ago. At first the guy said they do round data, then changed and said they do not.

I have another $10 Ptel card, do I guess I will continue to monitor it. But if this keeps up, I may have to xfer the line to a different carrier.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    In the last 30 days my Android phone's Data Usage screen shows I used 21 MB, PTel charged me for 17 MB. That doesn't look like there's any rounding going on.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    In the last 30 days my Android phone's Data Usage screen shows I used 21 MB, PTel charged me for 17 MB. That doesn't look like there's any rounding going on.
    I hoped it was just aggregating data charges on the call records screen and that confirms it.

Carrier(s)
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    All, we do not round. Initially we used to bill as usage reached a billable unit (1 cent). We have recently changed the billable unit to a Megabyte to streamline the storage and presentation of the data. As more and more customers have smartphones, there are tons of data records of the low KB variety that were causing problems with call records.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Ptel - Thanks for clearing that up.

Feedback Score
    Thanks very much for confirming PTel!