Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: LTE Coming in January 2015

Feedback Score

LTE Coming in January 2015

According to an email from H20.

Feedback Score
    Hi,
    I just had a chat with their rep. Here's their response (about having LTE):
    "...We have not received any information yet in regards to when this speed will be available for our customers; however as soon as it is, we will keep our customers posted via our website..."

AK

Carrier(s)
    Black Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sinus007 View Post
    Hi,
    I just had a chat with their rep. Here's their response (about having LTE):
    "...We have not received any information yet in regards to when this speed will be available for our customers; however as soon as it is, we will keep our customers posted via our website..."

AK
    Yeahbut CSR's are the last to learn about anything. I thought you knew that.

Feedback Score
    Did the email come direct from H2O? I'm an H2O customer and I haven't received any notice about it, but it does seem likely. I wonder if it will be throttled?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Conan, can you paste here the content of the email, I haven't received anything either.

I hope they can now release the terrible throttle they have on paygo, at least increase it a little bit.

Carrier(s)
    Black Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newcronos View Post
    Conan, can you paste here the content of the email, I haven't received anything either.

I hope they can now release the terrible throttle they have on paygo, at least increase it a little bit.
    You are using data on PAYGO? 10c a MB is kind of rich for me except in an emergency like I'm lost and I need Google Maps.

I've been playing around with Freedompop for my data. I have a Photon which uses Sprint 4G WIMAX only and it worked pretty well, but coverage is really bad. Last year the 4GLTE/3G devices were really expensive, but I saw a refurbished one on NewEgg for $40 and I jumped on it last week (this week they are $50 <shrug>). It's a Netgear (nee Siera Wireless) 803S and uses wireless wifi to connect to the phone.

After getting burned with the Photon registration, I smartened up so I won't have to pay for anything except the device. There is a trick to not getting tricked ay Freedompop.

I started playing around with it yesterday. Sprint 3G is solid, LTE coverage is flaky. It came with WIMAX turned off even though the box is capable of it, so I turned it on, but I need to travel a bit and see if it will connect. I turned off 3G and LTE to see what happens. I'll update this comment if it does because that will get me more coverage, maybe. WIMAX is going away next year anyway.

From what i read elsewhere at some point the 3G will shut off and if I want it, I will have to pay $4 a month for 500MB. Still not a bad deal. If I stay on LTE only, then I pay nothing for 500MB per month. As Sprint refarms, it will only get better.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vey9 View Post
    You are using data on PAYGO? 10c a MB is kind of rich for me except in an emergency like I'm lost and I need Google Maps.
    That's pretty much what I use it for, emergency, as I got covered by wifi basically everywhere I go, and when I'm on the road I'm driving, so I don't need to use data.

I've been playing around with Freedompop for my data. I have a Photon which uses Sprint 4G WIMAX only and it worked pretty well, but coverage is really bad. Last year the 4GLTE/3G devices were really expensive, but I saw a refurbished one on NewEgg for $40 and I jumped on it last week (this week they are $50 <shrug>). It's a Netgear (nee Siera Wireless) 803S and uses wireless wifi to connect to the phone.

After getting burned with the Photon registration, I smartened up so I won't have to pay for anything except the device. There is a trick to not getting tricked ay Freedompop.

I started playing around with it yesterday. Sprint 3G is solid, LTE coverage is flaky. It came with WIMAX turned off even though the box is capable of it, so I turned it on, but I need to travel a bit and see if it will connect. I turned off 3G and LTE to see what happens. I'll update this comment if it does because that will get me more coverage, maybe. WIMAX is going away next year anyway.

From what i read elsewhere at some point the 3G will shut off and if I want it, I will have to pay $4 a month for 500MB. Still not a bad deal. If I stay on LTE only, then I pay nothing for 500MB per month. As Sprint refarms, it will only get better.
    We have pretty good coverage here for Sprint, so I've thought about doing the FreedomPop thing as well, several times in the past year or so. But then I remembered that I'm going to have to carry yet another brick with me wherever I go, and that just kept turning me off. Great to see that it works for you, though!

Carrier(s)
    Black Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newcronos View Post

But then I remembered that I'm going to have to carry yet another brick with me wherever I go, and that just kept turning me off. Great to see that it works for you, though!
    I leave it in the car. They work while plugged in and now that I have a newer (5 years old) truck that came with 2 cigarette plugs, it works well for that. I'm just using it for email and stuff although the plan is to use it for invoicing customers since I use an online bookkeeping site. The WIMAX was no good for that since every time I wanted to use it, there wasn't a signal.

If I can crank out an invoice and email it to the customer while I am in the parking lot, that will be nothing but good.

Feedback Score
    I am playing with RedPocket prefunded SIM (which runs on at&t towers). With their new apn setup, I see LTE signal.

I know RedPocket and H2O are different companies, but at the same time, they are at&t MVNO's, with no access to at&T LTE, until recently...

Seems like at&t started giving LTE to prepaid MVNO's... So, I would believe Conan's post... if not January, it will be sometime soon...

Feedback Score
    I think AT&T is going to push harder and harder to move everyone to LTE as they continue to repurpose their system. So far I have not noticed any problems with coverage or service on HSPA+, but I suspect it is only a matter of time before you'll need LTE many places.

Feedback Score
    SAys January on h2o facebook

Carrier(s)
    H2O wireless
    Feedback Score
    Twitter also says coming in January

https://twitter.com/h2owireless/stat...10416137383936

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    I wonder if it will be throttled LTE like Cricket or the real deal like GoPhone? I already get 4-8mbps download speeds on H2O so I haven't been feeling a need for speed. I assume it will be faster than that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ten Four View Post
    I wonder if it will be throttled LTE like Cricket or the real deal like GoPhone? I already get 4-8mbps download speeds on H2O so I haven't been feeling a need for speed. I assume it will be faster than that.
    I measure 12 - 20 mbps on Red Pocket.. I assume it would be comparable on H2O wireless. H2O may not be any better than Red Pocket, but not any worse, either..

Carrier(s)
    H2O wireless
    Feedback Score
    I am on the 30$ plan and I never get a speed above 3mbps and Iam using iPhone 4, is my phone a problem or the network ? Some folks report getting 8 Mbps on h2o and so I am confused as I do not get that much

via the HoFo App

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast