Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Advanced Calling or VoLTE on VERIZON

Feedback Score

Advanced Calling or VoLTE on VERIZON

I recently moved my number to ST's Verizon LTE. I can either use my phone or data not both. Have any of you able to activate VoLTE on your phone. I am using a Verizon Iphone 6 plus.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    here is a youtube video on how to enable the volte on your iphone 6 & 6 plus - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N26ly8ZSIOQ
    this feature may not work with straight talk yet. plus volte is not on everywhere yet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anand78 View Post
    I recently moved my number to ST's Verizon LTE. I can either use my phone or data not both. Have any of you able to activate VoLTE on your phone. I am using a Verizon Iphone 6 plus.

via the HoFo App
    What color is the sim, if I may ask? Sorry to derail, but you're the first I've read to say they actually have the sim (outside of a ZTE Rapido).

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk Verizon
    Feedback Score
    There is actually an ever increasing small group of us that have the LTE sim. It's white.

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Download the hacked carrier update that enables VoLTE on the iPhone 6 and 6+ using the Verizon network on ST.
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    Download the hacked carrier update that enables VoLTE on the iPhone 6 and 6+ using the Verizon network on ST.
    Does not work. I guess I will try calling ST to see if they can help.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Can you specify where to get this? Thanks!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ill123 View Post
    Can you specify where to get this? Thanks!
    iTweakiOS.com. iPhone needs to be jail broken for it to work.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, I tried itweakios beta1 Verizon firmware. It does not help. In fact I have another problem related to losing data when I drive from one location to another The inly fix, toggle airplane mode.

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, I tried itweakios beta1 Verizon firmware. It does not help. In fact I have another problem related to losing data when I drive from one location to another The inly fix, toggle airplane mode.

via the HoFo App
    I've been hearing that's a common issue with ST Verizon in general.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've been hearing that's a common issue with ST Verizon in general.
    This is true.. But more so since I moved to the LTE BYOP program.

Device(s)
    2 iPhones are better than one. Twice the fun. Ask anyone.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    There is a soc code required in post pay to activate advanced calling. If you order a phone today it's in the order. On release day it was not, I had to track the feature down and add it. Obviously no way to add that code on ST. Only once added on both my lines, one a g2, did it work.

Feedback Score

Advanced Calling or VoLTE on VERIZON

"The Beet"
    Are you on ST Verizon?

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    2 iPhones are better than one. Twice the fun. Ask anyone.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I am now, my description was based on the vzw postpaid process to enable volte

Feedback Score

via the HoFo App
    I have just been on chat with Samsung support for like 2 hours. I have a Verizon locked Galaxy Core Prime and I am using it on Straight Talk. The Galaxy Core Prime is VoLTE capable. However, I only get 4G speeds with data, not voice. When I make or receive voice calls, it always switches to "1X".

I have talked to Verizon, Straight Talk, and Samsung. None of them will admit it's their oversight.

First, as evidence, my wife has a verizon locked HTC Desire 612 and she is using it on Straight Talk. She has VoLTE access by default.

The problem is the settings menu Samsung developed for Verizon locked Galaxy Core Prime.

In order to access VoLTE with a Verizon-locked Samsung device, you have to enter a settings menu called "Advanced Calling 1.0". In it, when you activate this setting, then a menu becomes visible under "Mobile Networks" called "Voice over LTE"...

The problem is that this setting cannot be activated without a valid Verizon account ID. On other manufacturer's handsets, this feature is enabled by default. Why in the world Verizon made it so proprietary whilst knowing it has a contract with Tracphone to have full access to Verizon network features is beyond me.

Samsung didn't help matters by having VoLTE only accessible thru a proprietary Verizon menu setting, either...

What would help is if either
    a) Samsung simply made VoLTE on by default for their Verizon model phones or...

b) Samsung simply made the "Voice over LTE" setting visible for ALL users and not just valid Verizon account holders or...

c) Verizon allowed Straight Talk SIM IDs access to the HD Calling feature without needing a Verizon account...

After trying to explain all this to 3 company tech support divisions, it seems this issue will not be addressed...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast